Uncle Roms dirty debacles

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
My question is: if you are hanging buds...what are you hanging your cymbals on? :LOL:
Looking good brother!
I use brand name drying racks to hold my cymbals šŸ˜†. The mesh gives em a special sound. I m all mixed up man.

Actually tho I used to play a ridiculous hair metal drummers type setup with a million cymbals and toms. Now I play a 4 piece bop kit with 13 inch Zildjian k hats and an 18 inch crash ride.. sometimes I even break out my 15 inch Zildjian A thin crash and my auxiliary snare lol. Oooooo haha. A good drummer once said. ā€œIf you canā€™t say what you want to say on some hats, a kick and a snare, you ainā€™t a drummer.ā€ So long story long I have plenty of extra cymbal stand lol

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I use brand name drying racks to hold my cymbals šŸ˜†. The mesh gives em a special sound. I m all mixed up man.

Actually tho I used to play a ridiculous hair metal drummers type setup with a million cymbals and toms. Now I play a 4 piece bop kit with 13 inch Zildjian k hats and an 18 inch crash ride.. sometimes I even break out my 15 inch Zildjian A thin crash and my auxiliary snare lol. Oooooo haha. A good drummer once said. ā€œIf you canā€™t say what you want to say on some hats, a kick and a snare, you ainā€™t a drummer.ā€ So long story long I have plenty of extra cymbal stand lol
Funny you mention what a good drummer once said, as I have a story that fits that perfect.
I was in the studio and a drummer was requested for a bit of foundation & click track work and I said I have "a guy" that can be here asap. I call him up n tell him whats up and he agrees to be there. There was no mention of what to bring etc, just what we needed him to do and what it pays. After an hour or so of my saying how good he is, he shows up and everyone starts getting ready to carry in a shit ton of drum equipment etc. He replies, "no need I just brought a few things to do what you need me to do". At this point everyone is thinking he was a rookie because he didnt have $9K worth of drums and accessories to bring in. I can read face that folks are getting nervous about who I called in. He sets up his kick, a 16" tom, a snare, a 16" crash and a 22" ride. He sat down and made these fuckers jaws drop with what he could do with so little equipment. Needless to say, my choices were never questioned in that studio again haha

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Funny you mention what a good drummer once said, as I have a story that fits that perfect.
I was in the studio and a drummer was requested for a bit of foundation & click track work and I said I have "a guy" that can be here asap. I call him up n tell him whats up and he agrees to be there. There was no mention of what to bring etc, just what we needed him to do and what it pays. After an hour or so of my saying how good he is, he shows up and everyone starts getting ready to carry in a shit ton of drum equipment etc. He replies, "no need I just brought a few things to do what you need me to do". At this point everyone is thinking he was a rookie because he didnt have $9K worth of drums and accessories to bring in. I can read face that folks are getting nervous about who I called in. He sets up his kick, a 16" tom, a snare, a 16" crash and a 22" ride. He sat down and made these fuckers jaws drop with what he could do with so little equipment. Needless to say, my choices were never questioned in that studio again haha
Sounds like a champ. I honestly donā€™t care much about musicianship or chops. If you can play whatā€™s required to make the band lock into one unified instrument of sorts, thatā€™s a good drummer right. Do you play or more production side?

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Sounds like a champ. I honestly donā€™t care much about musicianship or chops. If you can play whatā€™s required to make the band lock into one unified instrument of sorts, thatā€™s a good drummer right. Do you play or more production side?
Used to be very involved in both, now I just strum for fun. Had my hands on a lot of music over the years from some really talented (and some times not so talented) folks. Some of the most interesting people I've had the pleasure of meeting have been through music.
You play actively or recording?

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Used to be very involved in both, now I just strum for fun. Had my hands on a lot of music over the years from some really talented (and some times not so talented) folks. Some of the most interesting people I've had the pleasure of meeting have been through music.
You play actively or recording?
Band broke up many years ago. Babies were had and such. I started drumming again on and off couple years back. Last year or so Iā€™ve played half hour to an hour a day most days. Enjoying just playing a few tunes with headphones on mostly. No one round here really down to jam but Aunt Rom figures we should get a computer so Iā€™ll just start tracking. I play guitar and bass semi decent. I used to play piano but havenā€™t touched it in years. Iā€™m not great with tech but Iā€™m sure I can use a simple program and basic mic setup. Would be cool to send files at each other through the internet and record drums or whatever to some riff you are messing with. There is a jam thread we could take this to. Iā€™ll post it for anyone interested. Could be fun. I donā€™t care about genre. I definitely play rock or hip hop or funk better than country or folk or polka lol. But Iā€™d give jammin to polka a chance if thatā€™s what your hard into haha

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Took down the rest of the showgirl and
Bodega bubblegum x Nigerian sunshine (2)
C8E5857A-0DB9-43F0-A968-7408D8C09440.jpeg
97C5FBFE-9BA7-4A1F-BF0C-531EC87706A5.jpeg

shut down the nursery. Veg is getting flipped in few days. After 2 years steady the perpetual madness is ending. This room is getting torn down after. Going to be doing rounds in half gal pots in a 3x3 or 2x4 depending what I decide. I might have small nursery just to always have a jump on next round. Life is busy now. I m not stopping by any means. Just reigning er in a bit
92DDF9B7-8CDA-4AA2-B5FD-BA52CA84239D.jpeg
BCFDD943-E6B1-475E-98F8-0CAE631FEE4C.jpeg
D0ED5868-D74F-43A5-A289-054D438A3098.jpeg

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Took down the rest of the showgirl and
Bodega bubblegum x Nigerian sunshine (2)
View attachment 38127
View attachment 38128

shut down the nursery. Veg is getting flipped in few days. After 2 years steady the perpetual madness is ending. This room is getting torn down after. Going to be doing rounds in half gal pots in a 3x3 or 2x4 depending what I decide. I might have small nursery just to always have a jump on next round. Life is busy now. I m not stopping by any means. Just reigning er in a bit
View attachment 38129
View attachment 38131
View attachment 38132
Just did the same and downsized from a 4ish x 4ish room to a 2x4 tent. All 1/2 gals and they are lovin it.
Now you just need to get that septic tank of a kratky to finish up :p

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
Just did the same and downsized from a 4ish x 4ish room to a 2x4 tent. All 1/2 gals and they are lovin it.
Now you just need to get that septic tank of a kratky to finish up :p
Maybe Iā€™ll just make a bunch of half gal kratky buckets lol. If Iā€™m going to be doing short veg setup it would actually be ideal lol. Although some nice slow promix bx or some generic dank potting soil would really be low maintenance. I might go crazy if I canā€™t fiddle with stuff daily but at least I could actually leave town again occasionally šŸ˜†

Uncle Romulus

madman, scholar
400 watts above this 3ish x 4ish chamber. Switched light schedular to 10 hours dark. Stuff happening šŸ„³ in there we have the following
-white wolf #1 clone (monstercropped)
-white wolf #2 clone (monstercropped)
-last bubblegummer red clone (also monstercropped)
-couple of heisen basterds
-bubblegummer x deep Congo
-2x Hawaiian puff
-bodega bubblegum#10 x Nigerian Sunshine cl (either (4) or (5) didnā€™t label it)

6C7967AD-CE62-4B5F-BA14-0ECED105F5AE.jpeg
3CC0352F-AD23-4BE0-9961-9C0E11160DE9.jpeg
In bloom tent we have
-2x blackwater x Nigerian sunshine
-kratky heisenbean
-a heisenbean in half gal o promix
-2xbodega bubblegum x N.S. (4) (5)
-a massive bubblegummer clone
2A80087C-DB68-4F46-BA6B-1BD5FD169576.jpeg