Try & Try Again

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
20231108_080542.jpg
Here is that light bleached top. It seems to have stopped getting worse after dropping the intensity from 60 to 40% last week. I should have been looking at more than just the tallest top on this deck. Could have prevented this also. I'm still surprised how sensitive this Headstorm is. Like I said before, the Genius Juice under the same light is just fine and closer to the light.

So today is the start of week 9. The plants are starting to finish up. Probably harvest with the full moon....groovy man. Lol.
20231114_121934.jpg

Genius Juice1
20231114_122156.jpg

GJ2
20231114_122516.jpg

Headstorm
20231114_122655.jpg

PuckYes
20231114_122729.jpg

Purple Aliens
20231114_122808.jpg

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
View attachment 132234
Here is that light bleached top. It seems to have stopped getting worse after dropping the intensity from 60 to 40% last week. I should have been looking at more than just the tallest top on this deck. Could have prevented this also. I'm still surprised how sensitive this Headstorm is. Like I said before, the Genius Juice under the same light is just fine and closer to the light.

So today is the start of week 9. The plants are starting to finish up. Probably harvest with the full moon....groovy man. Lol.
View attachment 132235

Genius Juice1
View attachment 132236

GJ2
View attachment 132237

Headstorm
View attachment 132238

PuckYes
View attachment 132239

Purple Aliens
View attachment 132240
Are they still drinking water?
If it was me, I'd let them go at least a week, if you have the room and the time.
I get more weight,
when I wait.

Bobby Legit

Are they still drinking water?
If it was me, I'd let them go at least a week, if you have the room and the time.
I get more weight,
when I wait.
Slowing down a bit, but not much. Down to about 3/4 of a gallon everyother day. Usually was a gallon everyother day.

I'm in no hurry at all. Like I said they are just starting to finish. It'll be a solid 2 weeks before I consider hanging the room. Could be a bit longer than that, but I don't really see longer than 84 days right now.

*edit...I appreciate the advice though.

Last edited:

Bobby Legit

Speaking of advice...for any newer growers that might read this:

How do I know the plants need less water when the plants are in soil and I don't water till run off?

I'm just fucking guessing.
LoL.jK...sort of...

The top layer of soil has been wetter than usual on watering day. So I used less water to account for the moisture still in the soil. If the next watering day comes and the soil is still wet from the reduced watering amount I will skip watering until the soil says it needs water.

Just ask, the dirt'll tell ya. Say, 'dirt, do you need some of this here water.' And it'll say, 'I can't fucking talk dude, just feel it out.' :ROFLMAO:

Bobby Legit

Who's the Belle of the ball out of the bunch @Bobby Legit ?
I like them all really. Can't wait to dance with the bunch.

Even with the early herm on both Genius Juice plants and the light sensitive Headstorm, I've got no complaints.

Tons of vigor in the Grimm gear. Easy plants to tend.

The Purple Aliens is kind of the hot girl in the corner of the ballroom. She was only under indirect light, in half the container size as the others and I didn't add anything to the soil other than a little gnarly barley a few times. Never caused any problems and was also easy to tend. She looks really tasty, so depending on how good the smoke is I might run the strain proper next year.

I'm not too great at describing smells. I'll try to work something up after the cure. They all have a unique thing going on for sure.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I like them all really. Can't wait to dance with the bunch.

Even with the early herm on both Genius Juice plants and the light sensitive Headstorm, I've got no complaints.

Tons of vigor in the Grimm gear. Easy plants to tend.

The Purple Aliens is kind of the hot girl in the corner of the ballroom. She was only under indirect light, in half the container size as the others and I didn't add anything to the soil other than a little gnarly barley a few times. Never caused any problems and was also easy to tend. She looks really tasty, so depending on how good the smoke is I might run the strain proper next year.

I'm not too great at describing smells. I'll try to work something up after the cure. They all have a unique thing going on for sure.
I suck at describing smells.

Bobby Legit

Guess I'm gonna have to figure out another hobby after all this weed dries and cures.
20231127_110729.jpg
20231127_110742.jpg
20231127_142100.jpg
As awesome as it is to pull my smoke for the year, it's bitter sweet. No grow till next August. Fuck I love growing dope. Garden is out in my shop and I don't keep constant heat out there. For me the math doesn't add up if I've got my stash stacked. It's just too much electric after this point. Still got a couple zips off last year's run. I'll play around and squish or sift or do something with that for a little fun. Going to run this year's trim when the time comes of course. Plus all these beautiful nugs will keep me happy...
20231127_110610.jpg
20231127_110559.jpg
20231127_110639.jpg
20231127_110540.jpg
20231127_105824.jpg
Done enough for me. Anytime I've waited for all the pistils to turn, I've been sleepy all year. Trichomes all white, couple amber tucked in calyxes here and there not too many though. Plenty of amber on most sugar leaves, but that doesn't mean much. All the pots were also still wet from the 1/2 gallon of water they got 2 days ago, so they weren't doing much of anything growth wise. Except the GJ1 keeps throwing fresh pistils and fox tailing. It would do that as long as I'd let it I bet. Chop, hang and wait. With the cardboard covering the plants hanging on my screen I'm able to keep rh about 52% inside the makeshift box. 38% without. Temp without anything running is 54f.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 60

Damn...sorry to see yer fun come to an end. We're running neck and neck on the garage temperatures. I built a fire in the stove the last 2 nights....lows were 5F and 7F....and this AM it's 11F. Should be OK cus I'm running lights @ night...but yeah...it makes it a lot harder to play the way everyone else plays with climate controlled environments/etc. We sure aren't worrying about humidity/VPD/etc...huh?

Good show though. Glad you made it through......

Bobby Legit

And it's the full moon. Nice haul. I don't think I could do that. I need to be gardening.
Thx @H.A.F. Luckily there is always something garden related to do. Sift soil, soil prep and all that. I'm sure you know the drill. It's just going to be a monthly to-do list instead of daily. I can live vicariously through y'all perpetual dudes in between tasks. Lol.