Try & Try Again

Bobby Legit

What smells like a skunk, Dad?
The plants are starting to grow up thru the screen, getting spread accordingly.

Still pruning nodes from main branches. Almost done taking branches that won't hit canopy level. Gotta wait and see.

The great lakes soil is giving a slight burn to newer canopy leaf tips on the Purple Aliens bucket.

From earlier today.
20230925_094445.jpg
20230925_094454.jpg
20230925_094653.jpg

Attachments

Bobby Legit

Third week of flower starts tomorrow. These ladies stretched big since last week.

I was/am keeping an eye on the Purple Aliens because it looked like there were nuts on some lowers. Plucked and pruned and she's only got hairs everywhere now. It seems to be digging that great lakes water only soil.

I should have waited on the PuckYes until next run. The puck x skunk side of it is dominant and is a bit smaller structured.

From this morning
20231002_084825.jpg
20231002_084950.jpg

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Third week of flower starts tomorrow. These ladies stretched big since last week.

I was/am keeping an eye on the Purple Aliens because it looked like there were nuts on some lowers. Plucked and pruned and she's only got hairs everywhere now. It seems to be digging that great lakes water only soil.

I should have waited on the PuckYes until next run. The puck x skunk side of it is dominant and is a bit smaller structured.

From this morning
View attachment 130987
View attachment 130988
goood morning ladies!

Bobby Legit

Fourth week since flip starts tomorrow.

Hit that big stretch on the Genius Juice and Headstorm. The tallest of the plants is 4' so far. Hopefully they put the brakes on soon.

Looks like the grimm gear is going to be decently frosty.

Top dressing all but the water only soil in the 5 gallon bucket.
Every week: Ground gnarly barley
Everyother week: Kashi blend
Every 3rd week: EWC, Craft Blend from BAS

From this morning
20231009_092522.jpg
20231009_092125.jpg
20231009_092208.jpg
20231009_092020.jpg
20231009_093005.jpg

Bobby Legit

These plants are ridiculous. So big. I waited too long to flip. Height won't be an issue, but the transpiration from all the leaves has me taking out more canopy leaves than normal. My dehumidifier is running a shit ton trying to keep rh in check. I dump about 3 gallons of water from the dehu drain bucket everyday.

The pic may be deceiving, but those tops are over my 6' high head. I've got to hold the phone up high to take the pic. Plants are actually only a bit over 4', but the roots and stand take up 2'.

Day 35 since flip, start of 5th week.
20231017_083427.jpg

Yesterday, I cleaned up under the canopy to help with air flow. Up skirt shot, don't worry I have permission...lol
20231016_101829.jpg

Bobby Legit

Mother. Fucker.
20231020_091547.jpg
Guess I better set up an IG account cause I'm a fire breeder yo! :rolleyes: Dammit.

Gonna be a seedy weed year. :cautious:

Just doing my watering this morning. Got to the last 10gal plant, one of the Genius Juice fem testers from Grimm, and saw a leaf absolutely blasted with a money shot. Look around the area above jizz town, find two of these on two different branches below each bud site. Fuck. I didn't see any others in any of the other plants. But I didn't see these two either. Another down side to big indoor plants. And tester seeds.

Might be related, maybe not, the Purple Aliens looks way ahead of everything else. This past week I noticed the pistils all falling in and maturing.
20231020_092113.jpg
Maybe she got pollinated by another unnoticed pollen sac from the Genius Juice herm? Maybe stunted because I pruned the shit out of her so I could have space to wheel her out of my way in my small grow room? Don't know for sure. Maybe both or something completely different. The pic above is the Purple Aliens top cola. Sad little thumb. Starting to look greezy though. She's kinda cute really. The pic below is a lower auxiliary branch top from the non-hermed (yet) Genius Juice. Big differences.
20231020_092106.jpg

This chuckin shit is eazy....lol

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Mother. Fucker.
View attachment 131496
Guess I better set up an IG account cause I'm a fire breeder yo! :rolleyes: Dammit.

Gonna be a seedy weed year. :cautious:

Just doing my watering this morning. Got to the last 10gal plant, one of the Genius Juice fem testers from Grimm, and saw a leaf absolutely blasted with a money shot. Look around the area above jizz town, find two of these on two different branches below each bud site. Fuck. I didn't see any others in any of the other plants. But I didn't see these two either. Another down side to big indoor plants. And tester seeds.

Might be related, maybe not, the Purple Aliens looks way ahead of everything else. This past week I noticed the pistils all falling in and maturing.
View attachment 131497
Maybe she got pollinated by another unnoticed pollen sac from the Genius Juice herm? Maybe stunted because I pruned the shit out of her so I could have space to wheel her out of my way in my small grow room? Don't know for sure. Maybe both or something completely different. The pic above is the Purple Aliens top cola. Sad little thumb. Starting to look greezy though. She's kinda cute really. The pic below is a lower auxiliary branch top from the non-hermed (yet) Genius Juice. Big differences.
View attachment 131500

This chuckin shit is eazy....lol
Thanks for the truth.

Bobby Legit

Well the other Genius Juice fem tester went herm also.

Plucked bananas yesterday on both of them.
20231023_091815.jpg
These were all growing on the bottom of the bud sites. No where else, yet.

No other plants are throwing dicks. I am pretty sure this ain't on me. Never had herms in this room before. Well I did have one supposedly fem plant show nuts early on, like in the pre-sex stage just before flip. But not one in mid flower.

The plants needed some stakes this morning. Nothing flopped over, but some branches were looking like they would need help soon.

Week 6, today
20231024_094915.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No matter whose beans they are about week 4 of flower I'm checking them all 360 degrees from a low angle. If they are already open and splooged they showed around that week 4 mark. I think that's why I can't deal with a scrog grow. Seems right after they say "hey, I'm a girl" some say "hmmmmm, no boys around and I need sex!" 🤟 :LOL:

Usually I see them on the crotches of the lower nodes where a female preflower didn't show up. A few times I have seen them grow right out of the middle of a stem. I have only had two I can remember that I had to cull because they were persistent. After a few days plucking a few dangleberries they don't come back.

If they get the balls right under the buds(and likely inside them and hidden), or if they get nanners in the buds early I axe them, but I have only seen that a few times too. Were they lower on the plant or near the tops?

Bobby Legit

They were all basically at the screen level and a few inches up. Not many bud sites below screen. I found one on the back side of the crotch where GJ1 was topped.

I'll keep everything and just deal with it. The pollen is already out there and I got time to spend on the banana farm to pluck.

I've been thinking of redoing the room to make the airflow more efficient and up size my exhaust. I'll probably redo the deck and screen set up then also. Been thinking of doing rolling decks with individual screens. That way I could really see all angles on everything. Right now I've only got 360 on 2 plants. Well 3 if you count the temp 5 gallon roller.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They were all basically at the screen level and a few inches up...
In the shade. That's where I get them. Pruning away all the lower stuff in week 4. For the all-girl plants that's when you can tell if that lower node has a few scraggly hairs or a future golfball. That's the same time I check for trannies.

So when you are trimming up stuff under the scrog is is earlier than that maybe? Like you've already given them the thumbs up and aren't watching close? The 360 thing is handy but if you know where and when to look if you can reach it you should be able to tell.

Bobby Legit

Ya, got caught slippin. Pruned off the lowers, everything looked good so I didn't give it a second thought really. Stopped paying attention to that threat and boom here I am.

I definitely let the plants get too big. I can't do any work to them (inspect, prune, support, water, whatnot) without brushing up on the buds somewhere. Careful as I am they are just too big for my space. Bonus is I absolutely reeeek when I leave the room.

Usually my plants are about a foot shorter. That extra 12" makes navigating the jungle a bitch.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya, got caught slippin. Pruned off the lowers, everything looked good so I didn't give it a second thought really. Stopped paying attention to that threat and boom here I am.
That's an easy pothole to hit once you know what you're doing. There are no-water days that I just peek through the window, leaves look fine - move on.

Bobby Legit

Week 7 started yesterday
20231101_120851.jpg
Things are chugging right along. Finally getting a break with some cool weather and low humidity.

Haven't seen any more pollen sacs for a while.

It's hard getting full plant shots in my room. But here are a few bits and pieces from each one.

Genius Juice 1
20231101_121227.jpg

PuckYes
20231101_121204.jpg

Genius Juice 2
20231101_121107.jpg

Headstorm
20231101_121043.jpg

Purple Aliens
20231101_120703.jpg
The top is fox tailing in a few spots. I don't mind that. I'm stoked to try it, looks so tasty. Here's a shot of a lower.
20231101_120724.jpg

Bobby Legit

First day of week 8.

I had to add more stakes. The ladies are still packing on weight.
20231107_075236.jpg

Overhead of Genius Juice 1(L) and PuckYes (R).
20231107_074151.jpg

Overhead of Genius Juice 2 (front) and Headstorm (back).
20231107_074214.jpg
Looks like the Headstorm is more sensitive to light than the others. There is a small patch on the very top of one cola on it that has been bleached by light. There is damge to some leaves as well. You can tell the over lit area in the pic above. I'll upload a pic of the bleached spot later if I remember. The rest of the plant is fine. Funny thing is the GJ 2 tops are closer to the same light and they are just fine. I dimmed the light intensity to help the headstorm. Running about 40% power on that light now. Was at 60%.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
First day of week 8.

I had to add more stakes. The ladies are still packing on weight.
View attachment 131993

Overhead of Genius Juice 1(L) and PuckYes (R).
View attachment 131994

Overhead of Genius Juice 2 (front) and Headstorm (back).
View attachment 131995
Looks like the Headstorm is more sensitive to light than the others. There is a small patch on the very top of one cola on it that has been bleached by light. There is damge to some leaves as well. You can tell the over lit area in the pic above. I'll upload a pic of the bleached spot later if I remember. The rest of the plant is fine. Funny thing is the GJ 2 tops are closer to the same light and they are just fine. I dimmed the light intensity to help the headstorm. Running about 40% power on that light now. Was at 60%.
turned filter fan off, the babies don't smell now ,no need for the carbon filter , cut lights to low to keep the chances of burning the little ones i have some white packing foam from something that fedx dropped , i cut it up to cover the grow chambers and keep light down some more they seem to like things so , fired up the oil heater to help keep temps at about 74 , may need a couple degrees higher we'll find out in the next few days.start with 43 solos with reg beans will lose 1/3 to near half of then to the male chop thing i have wild beans in this run my sprout rate has dropped with the old beans( they were in a ammo box in far cool corner of the basement ,hope i get a good male to help the sprout rate , i am sorry for the beans , i sent to different peps here , because of the shitty germ rate !

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Right on @1oldfart. Sounds like you're gonna be busy!

43 is a good size set, way bigger than what I will run now. You pheno hunting? Any idea on the lineage of the beans? How old are they?
the wild beand are over 6/7 years since i grew en in mass in a outie setting!nope no pheno hunt unless, i find some real fire
Right on @1oldfart. Sounds like you're gonna be busy!

43 is a good size set, way bigger than what I will run now. You pheno hunting? Any idea on the lineage of the beans? How old are they?
the wild beans i have been runin outie for over 20 years and longer,a mix of brickweed beans , and green bud grown local by a couple of old boys , i've known since high school , very few green bud beans!and some from different chuckers around this forum, some of witch have vanished over time!

Last edited: