Touch of death

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
As a side note:
I learn to LST under the assumption that i would get more yield. That never happen. I did get height control an a more open canopy. I posted so you can see that stem knot...i cant confirm but after years of doing it ...i dont think its worth it. Just sayin.
Unless I'm mistaken LST isn't meant to stimulate a larger yield. From what I understand the whole purpose of LST is to break the apical dominance, which will give you more evenly sized buds across the canopy, rather than one giant main cola and a bunch of smaller buds across the side branches. I personally top all my plants, to break the apical dominance, and then use LST for no other reason than to force my plants to fill out the footprint of my tent before flipping to flower.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
Unless I'm mistaken LST isn't meant to stimulate a larger yield. From what I understand the whole purpose of LST is to break the apical dominance, which will give you more evenly sized buds across the canopy, rather than one giant main cola and a bunch of smaller buds across the side branches. I personally top all my plants, to break the apical dominance, and then use LST for no other reason than to force my plants to fill out the footprint of my tent before flipping to flower.
Yes and no. Essentially suppose to help yeilds because with the even canopy your top colas should all same size throughout the whole canopy unlike one large taller cola like you stated. More light hitting more tops and at an equal height. It’s basically like topping without adding new growing tops and the increased stress while bringing lower nodes up to the canopy. Some people top certain auto strains due to the strain itself. Said to “help lengthen veg” but I haven’t seen true studies to prove it but suppose to help with stopping the autos wonky genetics passed through making them autos and stop them from hitting one nug wonders.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
B6812491-B213-403A-91CE-B39E6F73BBDE.pngI have also seen this called grafting. Used to make one mother plant grow several strains to keep plant count lower and give them a variety. So technically even if you have a total break and detached as long as you put it right back and tape or whatever has to be done depending on size it should bring regrowth the back to the branch! Just depends on if you have the ability to clone then might as well as long as the branch isn’t a necessity

I AM

Kick ass!!

You guys are both right. I bought secrets of the westcoast grow masters & started topping my girls. I LST to spread them open & Lollipop the sweet spot of middle growth...
That way i really dont need the screen to scrog.

'08
I was just a noob learning shit on RIU. Lmao.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I’m learning as I go for sure! I read so so much like non stop all day but had troubles and getting better finally packing on size myself😂 and true I really started disliking the scrog nets unless I set up small personal plant ones but to much work lol

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I’m learning as I go for sure! I read so so much like non stop all day but had troubles and getting better finally packing on size myself😂 and true I really started disliking the scrog nets unless I set up small personal plant ones but to much work lol
SCROG nets aren’t for me, either. They make things way too difficult to get to and then they make harvest a real pain in the ass.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It is much easier to get stakes and prop up limbs as needed - if needed. Add some form of silica to your feeds and it'll help with sturdiness.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I experimented with 3 "GSC" plants last season. It was my first grow so I wanted to see the results for myself and start learning the techniques. One was left alone besides defoliation (25g), another was topped and LST (29g), and the third was topped, LST and lollipopped (30g).

I think the third way is how I'll mainly grow since it made it easier to shake excess water off the plants after a few days of rain and easier to harvest, dry and process. I liked the uniformity too.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I experimented with 3 "GSC" plants last season. It was my first grow so I wanted to see the results for myself and start learning the techniques. One was left alone besides defoliation (25g), another was topped and LST (29g), and the third was topped, LST and lollipopped (30g).

I think the third way is how I'll mainly grow since it made it easier to shake excess water off the plants after a few days of rain and easier to harvest, dry and process. I liked the uniformity too.
What size pots are you growing in? Those yields seem very low for outdoor plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

It is how long you veg and pot size that will most effect weight. I tried a schedule dropping seeds every 30 days and flipping the last batch.
Biggest difference is between those in bigger pots.

Pruning will affect what the final product looks like, but not much on the weight. If you prune the lower stuff (lollipopping) you will have fatter flowers, but roughly the same weight as one not pruned - just more trimming at harvest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also, keeping the environment acceptable and consistent - and trusting the genetics.

Some plants won't do well no matter how hard you try, and some will kill it no matter how hard you try to kill them LOL

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
Probably keeping the male I wanted to kill off because even missing two feeding been super dry and pulled from the lights and thrown to the side it still has no stress and fan leaves pointing straight up lol going to find a place to put it and collect the Pollen. To good of genes to let go😎