To jar or not to jar..

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I would think the opposite. I have heard people complaining that the rH packs rob terpenes - I call bullshit - grow better weed...
I think during the initial cure when you aren't positive of their condition would be the best time to use the rH packs. Sometimes they feel dry on the outside, but once jarred the inside-the-bud moisture evens out in the jar and everything feels moist again until after you burp it. The rH packs should preent that from going too far in either direction.

After they are cured then I could see removing the packs, but that would depend on the environment. If everyn time you open the jar it gets a blast of 98%rH air, you might want to keep it in.
Only problem with this is your the air your bringing in is being balanced with the herb and humidity pack. Sounds good but if it's too damp and the air you are introducing is lower than the packs humidity as ideal to take away moisture this can slow the process as its just hydrating that air too. This can be good or bad whether you fuck up or not lol. People say slower the better but if you can hit middle ground and not fuck your shit up for a bit and learn from there that's a good place to start. Having a dehuey/huey depending on needs and control of your environment helps tremendously.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Only problem with this is your the air your bringing in is being balanced with the herb and humidity pack. Sounds good but if it's too damp and the air you are introducing is lower than the packs humidity as ideal to take away moisture this can slow the process as its just hydrating that air too. This can be good or bad whether you fuck up or not lol. People say slower the better but if you can hit middle ground and not fuck your shit up for a bit and learn from there that's a good place to start. Having a dehuey/huey depending on needs and control of your environment helps tremendously.
Yeah, when I want to cure, I jar the buds while more wet than dry. You can't add life back into dry plant matter.

Just use half gallon jars with hygrometers.

If rh is higher than 63% pour them out on a plate in an area with high air flow, let them sit for 15 minutes (+/- 5 minutes) per rH your lowering.

Jar it up for 15-30 minutes or til rh stabilizes. If higher than 63, repeat.

Once you reach 63, jar it and burp 2-3 times a day for a few weeks, use your cap to "fan" fresh air into jar, don't just open the jars and think that's all you need to do.

Once your shit turns that brown sexual color, monitor your meter, make sure your rh (which could be 52-63 now) is stable. At this point I burp once a week for a month maybe, then I just leave the jar where ever it is, unless someone wants to smoke.

I don't smoke so I leave jars unopened for months, if I happen upon them, I'll open them to smell and admire my work. But that's all I do.

People love my stuff, cured or not. The only people who prefer dispensary weed over home grown organic well cured weed, because they need that "stronger real stuff" are either liars, don't like you, or are jackasses. Most likely all 3, I've Experienced it before. Dude was an idiot. I hate giving pieces of shit free stuff.

Ok rant over :love::cool:

Lurch

Super Active Member
I would recommend trying Integra Boost packs. Anytime I’ve heard anyone say they’ve noticed terp loss, or flavor changes, it has been with Boveda packs. Integra Boost packs cost less, last longer, and they don’t get hard like Boveda packs when they get depleted which probably means they don’t have salts in them like Boveda does. I put them in the jars and leave them there until the jar is emptied. I’ve had some jars sealed up with them for over a year and the flower still tastes and smells great when it’s opened.
Clocked that. Integra Boost ty.