Tinkering, Testing and Dusting

SSGrower

Average Grower
Hey SS I'm installing blumats tonight and it has me wondering when you're going to have these figured out? View attachment 16224
Yeah I think I got the done stamp on them. Outers have been water tight for a couple days and I fired the inners earlier this week. Im leaving Saturday for a fews days was planning on getting them to after you get back from AK, but if you aren't doing anything tomorrow, I need to hit REI and use a gift card, there is one in Dillon.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Yeah I think I got the done stamp on them. Outers have been water tight for a couple days and I fired the inners earlier this week. Im leaving Saturday for a fews days was planning on getting them to after you get back from AK, but if you aren't doing anything tomorrow, I need to hit REI and use a gift card, there is one in Dillon.
Man I would love to, but I'm running 10 different ways until I leave. I haven't left for this long in forever, gotta make sure everthing is going to be ok in my absence, lol. We'll have to meet up when I get back. Wouldn't mind burning one with ya if I could though.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Man I would love to, but I'm running 10 different ways until I leave. I haven't left for this long in forever, gotta make sure everthing is going to be ok in my absence, lol. We'll have to meet up when I get back. Wouldn't mind burning one with ya if I could though.
Figured as much and I didn't think I would be done before you left. Taking a test drive of a few new pieces I picked up.
20190801_213138.jpg
I like them all for different reasons, varrying degrees of "discreteness".
20190801_213609.jpg20190801_213444.jpg

SSGrower

Average Grower
In case you were talking about the bluemats, my suscpicion on them is the are a high fired ceramic (vs. The stoneware that I am working with). I have a couple and if I remember they do not change color when saturated? There are some wine bottle waters that are terracota (lower firing than stoneware I think CRS) as well. Really only a technicality but the high fire ceramic dosent change color because although it is porous it doesn't (or is less prone to) adsorbing it. Or maybe I just went on a tangental journy by myself. Pipes work I like the clear one, cheapest of the bunch at 20 bucks (sticker price) walked out paying 110, the other 2 were 40 and 60.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Going for a variation on the hard pinch training method. This is a pinch and twist.
20190813_081826.jpg
Later today when this branch twists itself back upright it gets twisted back so the growth tip is pointed down. The full hard pinch that split the stems was not working out and I am still having to tie back several branches.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Since I dont think they will have time to finish here I took some CnC f3 and Graveyard Whistler cuts so they are easier to move or in case I need to cull them.
20190820_163659.jpg20190820_163705.jpg
I hope the peppers finish and digging out the strawberries is gonna be fun.
This seems to help keep the res on the aero cloner cool, specially raising it so air flows under and leaving a couple of the foam rings sideways in the hole got me a few more degrees.20190820_163921.jpg20190820_164652.jpg

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Since I dont think they will have time to finish here I took some CnC f3 and Graveyard Whistler cuts so they are easier to move or in case I need to cull them.
View attachment 18830View attachment 18831
This seems to help keep the res on the aero cloner cool, specially raising it so air flows under and leaving a couple of the foam rings sideways in the hole got me a few more degrees.View attachment 18834View attachment 18835
Your strawberries are looking lush man. How long do you think the f3s are going to flower? Shouldn't be over 10 weeks. Are you hearing these early winter reports too?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
View attachment 18830View attachment 18831
This seems to help keep the res on the aero cloner cool, specially raising it so air flows under and leaving a couple of the foam rings sideways in the hole got me a few more degrees.View attachment 18834View attachment 18835
Wow i have the same cloner and i discovered the fan thing a couple of runs ago. I am going to try putting a couple of the neoprene circles in sideways( good thinking). Also liked how you have them numbered.gg4 & ecsd 6 weeks 004.JPG

SSGrower

Average Grower
Wow i have the same cloner and i discovered the fan thing a couple of runs ago. I am going to try putting a couple of the neoprene circles in sideways( good thinking). Also liked how you have them numbered.View attachment 19183
I was running over 84F with no fan. Now down to 74F, the fan got me about 5 deg, elevating the res another 3 or 4 and just 1 or 2 by the foam discs, tricky picking the ones to use, some just sprayed too much water out the hole. They do help my low humidity though, might not help in high humidity area.

SSGrower

Average Grower
An update on the pinch and twist. There definitely is a fine required to get it right. I havent had to do much since the hail took about 1/4 of the growing tips out a few weeks ago. One side of the plant was fairly sheltered.
This is a CnC f3
Too much
20190901_180715.jpg

Just right
20190901_181037.jpg

Most of the plant

20190901_181111.jpg

Here is a MdR reveg still in it original 6in pot so...
20190901_181147.jpg20190901_181153.jpg

And a Graveyard Whistler
20190901_181136.jpg