Three cotyledon

Boybelue

Super Active Member
If this was typed before sorry.....whorled phylotaxy is Not a phenotypical trait of polyploidy, generally, always exceptions.
Phylotaxy is a phenotypical trait of diploids and monoploids as well and polyploidy is a genetic trait, different than diploidy / monoploidy in phenotypes....
polyploids often have sterility issues, look into how watermelons or squash are bred for triploidy.....

It is cool and I see it with "afghan" populations the most, which probably includes hindu kush's, tajikistan, india and anywhere else I left out among the Western himalayas/pamir mts area of Cental Asia.
It almost always seems to come from a broad leaf type of population......
I had a sativa express the whorled phyllotaxy where the very top is really leafy and thick. It was a 2 pounder male from Kiwi Seeds, the weirdest plant I’ve ever seen. The top was like looking down at a really thick rose, the branching was next to none and what it had was placed iradically on the main stem and grew vertically right up against the stalk and remained small. Even more weird was close to the top or at least 3/4 of the way up, the main stem got really flat and wide. I used that male to make seed because it was all I had to continue the line and a lot of the progeny expressed the thick top but everything else was normal. Something else I found wierd was the next few seasons I grew those seeds they were all female with about 5% hermie and I grew at least a hundred, then I skipped a few yrs and the summer of 2018 I started six seeds and out of those 6 I had one that grew out like a normal male. I couldn’t let that male pollinate my crop but I was able to let it go long enough to get a few pollen sacs, I think I ended up with about 20 seed from the other girls. Gonna be interesting to see the female to male ratio of those seeds.