The Upward Spyral

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
9/8/19 - got everything in order
20190908_tap_meter.jpg
Using this out in the garage until the RDWC gets up and running, then I'll need to find another (more mobile) meter. This is straight tap water. I forgot how much more pH up/down was needed to adjust - from 1/10 shot glass to up to 2 shot glasses. Buffers. Plus starting off at 250 PPM leaves less room for nutes and little room for play. We need another RO setup.

20190908_183458.jpg
27 gal tote res with air stones and a little pump recirculating the water. It has a long hose with a valve so it can reach the entire tent. Pumps a bit slow, but enough for the intended purpose until I decide to upgrade.
Repurposed some of the milk crates. Megacrop (I need to get more) with GH3 on standby in the crate. Looks like they're locked up in nute jail lol

20190908_veg_tote.jpg
Using the lid, the replacement hasn't arrived yet. It'll work.
Transplanted the Sunset Wedding (left) and Punch Buggy/Purple Crash (right). SW #3 (back left) has got a massive lead over the others ๐Ÿ‘€ I think it's a week older than the other ones after the damping off issues. The damped off Punch Buggy replacements are doing well. I think it's fair to call this start of veg (except for SW #3, IDK what to do, put a box over it to slow it down? lol). They're under the 2-COB Roleandro.

20190908_174418_floating_pot2.jpg
Two @HydroRed inspired F&D totes. That 1/2 gal square pot has Grow!t brand clay pebbles in it. I decided to use them all up. Next brand will be the original Hydroton, I used those in the net pots and they weigh it down pretty good. They're also a more uniform shape.

20190908_floating_pot.jpg
1568169070707.png

WTF kinda pebbles float? So I search "floating pebble" and get this, first result. I kill all cookies and stuff regularly, so it isn't from me lol
1568169263249.png
...checks out. LMAO

20190908_pot_clamp.jpg
clamps - 4/99c at the 99c store ๐Ÿ‘Œ

20190908_tote_slot.jpg
I thought the totes fit really snug and now it's absolutely perfect. Found this out on accident; I pulled up on the tote and it did the vacuum suction thing, causing me to pull a bit too hard on the handle and pulling it off (not broken). A slot ๐Ÿ™Œ
๐Ÿ‘‡

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
20190909_003017_tote_side.jpg
Fill 'er up! There's room for 2 more F&D totes as is. Once the veg tote is done, room for another 2 F&D totes? :unsure: :whistle:These are under an old Sun System 4ft/4 tube T5. Another T5 (different brand) is right next to it. It's gotta go to use somehow ;)

20190909_002951_tote_alley.jpg
BA = Black Abyss - @Phylex
SI = Space Invasion - @Phylex
GW = God-O-War - @Phylex

F&D Tote 1 & 2.JPG

16/16 so far with @Phylex beans, with 1 that was slow to pop so I fished it out and scuffed it (BA #4). All volcano as far as I could tell. We won't call this start of veg yet but it's cooling down a bit (except for another 4 day heat wave this week over 100+) and we need to get this going.

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
View attachment 21277
Fill 'er up! There's room for 2 more F&D totes as is. Once the veg tote is done, room for another 2 F&D totes? :unsure: :whistle:These are under an old Sun System 4ft/4 tube T5. Another T5 (different brand) is right next to it. It's gotta go to use somehow ;)

View attachment 21278
BA = Black Abyss - @Phylex
SI = Space Invasion - @Phylex
GW = God-O-War - @Phylex

16/16 so far with @Phylex beans, with 1 that was slow to pop so I fished it out and scuffed it (BA #4). All volcano as far as I could tell. We won't call this start of veg yet but it's cooling down a bit (except for another 4 day heat wave this week over 100+) and we need to get this going.
Awesome setup! Everything fits so nicely & Im digging the work around on the floating media with the clamps. Your gonna love Hydroton brand after messing with the stuff you currently have lol.
Thats been my "stall" lately is waiting for it to get cool and stay cool. I think were about there though brother.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Awesome setup! Everything fits so nicely & Im digging the work around on the floating media with the clamps. Your gonna love Hydroton brand after messing with the stuff you currently have lol.
Thats been my "stall" lately is waiting for it to get cool and stay cool. I think were about there though brother.
Thanks Red! My dad used to always tell me if shit don't work MODIFY IT lol. I'm not a pro by any means but I can make it work :) I'm kinda wondering how all those pots will do, I've only been in 4 gallon or larger. I have 50/50 thoughts on whether or not it'll grow like a MF and get outta hand.
At least the water level doesn't go up more than half way or else there'd be floaties everywhere like a bowl of fucked up irregular shaped rusty cocoa puffs haha.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
@spyralout Cant really tell from the pic, and sorry if you already said what size they are but are those sold as "one gal" pots?
I'm glad you made me check again. I thought they were a little over half gallon (0.6) because my other pot I used as a sample to buy these was about this size.
Why would they put cubic ft instead of liquid volume, it's not a tent lol. Converting makes it 0.84 gal so a little over 3/4 gal.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thatโ€™s a sick set up! Nice and clean too. I look forward to watching you rock it out. Youโ€™re also ahead of me. Iโ€™m still barely breaking ground. Iโ€™m really excited to see the differences in mediums, growing methods, and environments. Iโ€™m envious of you hydro guys. Iโ€™m still a peasant dirt farmer. Lol.

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
Thatโ€™s a sick set up! Nice and clean too. I look forward to watching you rock it out. Youโ€™re also ahead of me. Iโ€™m still barely breaking ground. Iโ€™m really excited to see the differences in mediums, growing methods, and environments. Iโ€™m envious of you hydro guys. Iโ€™m still a peasant dirt farmer. Lol.
Thanks my man, I appreciate that very much. I'm excited too, we'll have a decent look at how they compare, they're about a couple weeks apart maybe? Come to the dark side, we have cookies lol. Among other things ๐Ÿ˜Š
I like dirt because of low maintenance. I plan to have all my moms in dirt. Getting those plants you have to look as beautiful as they do in dirt...pfft you're no peasant lol
Expand those skills into hydro and I can only imagine what you'll come up with. And you'll probably get to your other projects faster ๐Ÿ˜‰

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
@spyralout
Brother, those 0.6's fit beautifully in that dimensoin of tote. I gotta give @Cob_nUt credit on that actual "hefty" tote design, as it looks really nice and tight. Built for speed.___๐ŸŽ_____-----------========๐Ÿš“==
Thanks Red! Oh thought it was @Opie1 sorry about that @Cob_nUt my mistake. Either way all you guys rock for sharing your setups and inspiring this! I'm liking the clean fit and ease so far. Can't wait to crank it up!
Oh and are they 0.6 or 0.84? Website says .1128 cubic ft. Every bit counts lol

Edit: saw that post from @Cob_nUt in the whorehouse. Awesome write up! ๐Ÿ’ช (y)Now I understand the mix up. @Opie1 showed me the hefty totes he used on the F&D thread and I just saw the other post from months ago.

Last edited:

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks Red! Oh thought it was @Opie1 sorry about that @Cob_nUt my mistake. Either way all you guys rock for sharing your setups and inspiring this! I'm liking the clean fit and ease so far. Can't wait to crank it up!
Oh and are they 0.6 or 0.84? Website says .1128 cubic ft. Every bit counts lol

Edit: saw that post from @Cob_nUt in the whorehouse. Awesome write up! ๐Ÿ’ช (y)Now I understand the mix up. @Opie1 showed me the hefty totes he used on the F&D thread and I just saw the other post from months ago.
Oh -my bad....for some reason my memory aint what it used to be haha :unsure:

I love the ingenuity.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
You guys are both correct!๐Ÿ˜œ Opie hip'd me to them once I couldn't find the ODJOB totes.
He had his first. I built and ran mine first. @Opie1 ๐Ÿ˜ด on them so I beat him to it.
See, we were in a competition to see who would run theirs first...he just doesn't know it nor does he know he lost...well he doesn't yet.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
You guys are both correct!๐Ÿ˜œ Opie hip'd me to them once I couldn't find the ODJOB totes.
He had his first. I built and ran mine first. @Opie1 ๐Ÿ˜ด on them so I beat him to it.
See, we were in a competition to see who would run theirs first...he just doesn't know it nor does he know he lost...well he doesn't yet.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Haha that's some funny shit. You :sleep: lose lol. Thanks for clearing that up

spyralout

๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’จ
I found a light that I'm thinking of using for seedlings/clones
20190912_195414_rootfarm_light.jpg
$20 craigs special. Didn't come with a cord. I emailed the manufacturer and asked for a new one (free). Got it today :cool:

20190912_195255_rootfarm_led.jpg
It's supposed to be 45 watt LED, not sure what brand

20190912_195426_rootfarm_light.jpg
Interesting. Very white light compared to most blurples. It's made by Scott's (the Miracle Grow company). 21"x9". Strange off size probably for the stand it's supposed to come with, but perfect for a plug tray spot.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I bought one a while back that was supposed to be the shit. I think it was called a space case. Wound up giving that one away. Holy crap one of those grinders was like 120 dollars
I have the first two grinders on that list on your link. The second one, the King-Top, works pretty good, fast and effortless. Well worth the few $. The irainy is just ok, weed always get stuck in the center and has to be dug out.