The trading block

raz

Rarely works out well for the holder. Enough shit fakes get passed around that peope think are legit, and your elite cut is now worth much less because the demand won't be there.

People think (for example) "Oh wow, Death Star, I've heard thats great!" then they smoke some knock-off and think, "OK, that wasn't mindblowing" even though they didn't really smoke it. Now you're fucked because they don't want it. Except for a few hard chargers that know people or breeders that want to use the legit cut for breeding demand drops. It's value has gone to shit.
Your exactly right. But once you have tried the real deal it's easy to spot the fakes. Just some extremely pungent herb, with the stone to boot. Raunchy skunky gas tennis ball canister funk is the only way I can describe the true deathstar. Fakes come no where close!

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
Trust the wrong person once as a breeder and you could be the one perpetuating a lie ;)
On that subject I found Cherry Pie clones from a commercial grow. You’d expect these guys to do their research but.. we’ll see. They gave me some unrooted cuts today of Cherry Pie, Tropicanna Banana, Pineapple Express, Cheese Queen and wedding Cake. Are they all legit? I’ll find out in September

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
On that subject I found Cherry Pie clones from a commercial grow. You’d expect these guys to do their research but.. we’ll see. They gave me some unrooted cuts today of Cherry Pie, Tropicanna Banana, Pineapple Express, Cheese Queen and wedding Cake. Are they all legit? I’ll find out in September
Like the Chem91 or ChemD cut - I doubt I would buy a clone. But I'm all about a pack of S1's to hunt through that are legit from the mother. I'll find my own cut thank you ;) :ROFLMAO:

DET—PDX

Insanely Active Member
I should clarify on this - I don't make seeds on purpose. As a smoker getting the fake cut or beans bred from a fake cut really doesn't matter. I like the smoke or I don't. But it would be cool to know stuff is legit to know if you want it again or can trust that breeder.
I wish we had accurate dna profiles of them, I think Phylos is trying to create a real strain/cultivar database. I say huge props for even trying, it’s gonna be rough at first but we have to start somewhere.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wish we had accurate dna profiles of them, I think Phylos is trying to create a real strain/cultivar database. I say huge props for even trying, it’s gonna be rough at first but we have to start somewhere.
Big issues with that data-mining operation. Until it is federally legal, people can get raped wholesale of their genetics.

There's also the fact that several established breeders refused to play -so their cuts like Chemdog or Cindy99 that are in tons of lineages have no true representation in the database. They have info from people that used it, but not from the parents. So the family tree has big fat holes running all through it.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Trust the wrong person once as a breeder and you could be the one perpetuating a lie ;)
That's why I hold on to my Skunks so tightly. Me and my sis n law has kept these for many years. Hard to let go of them. Once they're out, that's it for me. My state is still under prohibition, so it makes it very hard on me. I wanted to earn a living at this, but it has never happened.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's why I hold on to my Skunks so tightly. Me and my sis n law has kept these for many years. Hard to let go of them. Once they're out, that's it for me. My state is still under prohibition, so it makes it very hard on me. I wanted to earn a living at this, but it has never happened.
I think one thing breeders should look at is that with the creeping legalization there are more and more new smokers, or people getting back into it after smoking back in school. In this community, people can be like "that purple urkle (insert whatever strain) is done, it's been bred to death and no one wants it anymore" but you have an entire new customer base that wants that older stuff.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I mention that because I think it is where the elite cuts come into play. S1 that shit and sell it. Keep the cut, but get some beans out there to let people hunt for their own cuts.