The PURPetual Grow

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Ok final post of the day.
Veg tent trained and lightly defoliated. O.G Kush transplanted into 3 gallon fabric pot. Then fed em with fox farm grow big, molasses, calmag. PhD to 6.0. I also added a second, smaller light since the plants are a bit bigger.
20201231_210508.jpg20201231_210339.jpg
Flower tent is pushing along. They older Zkittlez calmag issue is getting to a point I'm not comfortable with so I gave em a generous serving with molasses and recharge. Her sister is killing it and doing well. Last watering I gave those 2 a pretty heavy feeding and got those tiny burnt tips u get when shes a bit more than satisfied so I skipped nutes this watering.the spots on the one with deficiencies slowed down but I need it to stop completely. It's becoming a bit concerning for me. Its prime time for her bud development. absolute worst time for these issues but lesson learned
20201231_211025.jpg20201231_211016.jpg20201231_210909.jpg20201231_210953.jpg20201231_211008.jpg20201231_211126.jpg20201231_210953.jpg

Attachments

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
I think my next run will be all 1 strain or 2 maximum but I'm thinking one strain at a time with an autoflower or 2. I like variety but they all grow differently and wand different things. Its alot more challenging to grow multiple strains in 1 space. Not impossible but creates way more variables which I don't really need

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
So the gorilla glue that is definitely a Male has been removed. I'm rethinking the fire og because I see what could be a female pre flower so I threw her and the other GG in the 5x5 to flower. I'm gonna take 2 clones of each, just incase we got something special. You can Never really know but if u got cuts, your covered. If Its not for me that's ok to but I'd rather throw it out than regret not having clones of something I fell in love with. I wanna say in all Zkittled out but it's good stuff and I dont want to take her off the roster and make room for stuff that isnt quite as dank. I've still got 7 clones of the Zkittlez to play with so we'll see. I might just flower them out, get as many OZs as I can squeeze out of the 7 and move on. There was one runt out of the 8 clones so threw it in the corner of the 5x5 as is. Sort of an Experiment.
This is what's left in the veg tent
3 c99 fems
2 black widow regs ( suspected females)
7 Zkittlez from clone
20210107_170859.jpg
Did some training today as u can probably see.
Going to throw the taller black widow in the 5x5 soon. About a week or 2 and at that time I'll clone it and the fire og and the glue.

The Zkittlez that went into the 5x5 1st looks extremely fried. Shes alive and flowering but man, I really dont know if shell survive another 6 weeks. I fudged up pretty bad somewhere. Idk if my old coco caused a lock out or what but at this point I'm worried in might lose her and the harvest she'd bring

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Can we see a pic of her?
20210107_170920.jpg
It's pretty bad. She had a deficiency which I was sure was cal-mag but I kinda pushed the flowering nutes on the last watering and I burned her and her sister. The sister will survive if I get everything right from here. As far as this one I'm just gonna give her water, recharge and molasses for a while and pray she makes it. Hard to tell what's what with her at this point. Just gonna ride it out but I dont see her making it. Shes on a fast decline

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
She has some healthy leaves but not enough to buffer anymore negative symptoms. Leaves can buy you time. If u have alot, you can use them to gauge what's going on in the root zone and turn it around. Well all those "buffer" leaves are just about gone and I haven't exactly figured her out. That's what worries me.

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
Amazingly the bud production continues. They should be a smidge bigger but when her mom was healthy the buds weren't too much bigger in comparison at this stage. I just need to find the problem and fix it within the next day or two. Even then, you dont know if what you did worked or not for a while. And being wrong now could be the difference between this girl seeing her harvest day or die out trying to get there

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
And if you were wondering my reasoning for going heavy on the flowering nutes, I'll explain.
I've never had a light this intense.
I know that more light and more INTENSE light specifically, essentially means more photosynthesis. More photosynthesis means more cellular activity means higher growth rates means hungrier plants.This led me to believing I'm not feeding her enough as she was already facing some sort of deficiency prior to me having this thought about the lights.
Now I dont think I went crazy but sis has a bit more than burnt tips but nothing extremely alarming. From the moment they went under these lights, they've disagreed with what has been working for them up till now. I understand now that my feeding regime HAS to correlate with my lighting. I'm used to leds simply dont have this level of intensity and let me say now, it makes a difference and I've got to figure this out because it's not what I'm used to. I could be wrong but the light is the only major change that's been made in terms of my growing

Grow Harder

Super Active Member
You sure it’s not your ph?
Brand new ph pen but that's not to say the ph in the coco itself cant be way off. I have a feeling I've REused this coco way too many times. I'm willing to bet this stops when I throw out all the old coco. Some coco gets buffered and over time I think something could be going in with those buffers. Ph is known to rise in RUNOFF over time with coco so this isnt far fetched. After a few months u can water at 5.8 and the runoff will be 7 something. I'm regretting being cheap and over using this coco at the monent