>>>>>The Old Folks Home<<<<<

D

Deleted member 60

There ain't no shame in it...but it sure did come on fast, huh?

Gotta say though...while I'm still in shock I just turned 65...I sure wouldn't have wanted to grow up in any other era. WE HAD THE BEST DRUGS! (and music!)

And it was pre-"D.A.R.E"...before most folks were wise...like our parents/teachers/etc. Remember? nyuk..nyuk. We put our parents through Hell and they didn't even know the half of it. My "high" school was a veritable pharmacy. There was never a shortage of drugs to spend yer lunch money on...LOL. "Hmmm...speed, acid, or downers?"

Ahhhhh......"questions, questions, questions...flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today..." FZ!

Then they forced us to grow up. Ok...some of us. I've held off...LOL. I always hear that as you age your views become less...um...how to say it without using political terms...um...how about "adventuresome". Responsibilities hit. Views harden. Jadedness comes in. Change happens. Then you rail from your chair! Heehee. I still rail...but I don't have a chair...yet....and I'm evidently (OK..firmly) in the (rare) camp that didn't change their views much from these glorious times.

But we're still here for now. They want us to leave...cus..you know...we caused all of their problems...but nope. We still got some fuckin off to do and lives to ruin...like we purposely did for the Millennials....uhhhhhum...

But I need another coffee...and another bowl of fresh bub....so it's your turn.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Well here's me in the beginning.....71 years ago!
_DSC0070-crop.JPG
We were poor and I was a rag tag kid, but I wouldn't change a thing.
Growing up in the 50s and 60s was a time of freedom for me.
Bike, pellet gun, fishing poles was all a young fella needed.....be home for dinner!

Mom stayed at home....pretty much ruled the roost.
Dad worked a day job $80 a week, then at home working on cars and harleys for extra cash.
We had love but no real relationship....way it was back then for many.

67 smoked my first mexi...15 years old, I was a changed kid....
Was slinging lbs of brick weed 4 years later, that turned into $125 kilos of pretty paper wrapped blocks!
Long haired redneck dope smoker I was!!

72 Uncle Sam came calling, spent 18 mo in F.R.O.G.
Smoked a shit ton of the best hash in the world at a buck a gram!
Got out in 74, moved to Or the next year.

Truly a life changing moment, started my first indoor grow in our bedroom in 1975.
4 8' t12 gro lux bulbs nailed to a 2x8 sheet of plywood.
Never made it to flower, even though I had High Times to guide me??
We found a trailer for rent on an acre, now had room to start plants for outdoor.

Had Columbian Gold seeds that just weren't meant to finish here in the PNW...dumber that shit about growing pot at that point!
Met an old hippie with some great connections, started a 12 year long relationship....some of the best Thai ever.
The side bizz was getting to big for comfort, so bailed on that in 88.
Funny.. when the Thai went away so did most of my "friends".

Worked for a city in Or. for 31 years as a maintenance guy, retired at 58, goin on 13 years of release from that prison!
Now I fish, clam, crab and grow dope!!

Sorry for the long winded blast from the past!

Damn Sticky.....your rubbing off on me!

D

Deleted member 60

And here I was thinking about the first time the barber trimmed my eyebrows (by surprise) while I was getting my weekly haircut was my first ''so it begins''

I'll just take my sippy-cup and go lol

LOL> @Fiddler's Green ...there's nothin' stoppin' anyone fron starting a "Gen Z" or a "The Ongoing Millennial Whine" thread where thos sippy cups would fit right in... Heehee....

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 132439
Bike, pellet gun, fishing poles was all a young fella needed.....be home for dinner!

Dad worked a day job $80 a week, then at home working on cars and harleys for extra cash.

Was slinging lbs of brick weed 4 years later, that turned into $125 kilos of pretty paper wrapped blocks!

Truly a life changing moment, started my first indoor grow in our bedroom in 1975.
We found a trailer for rent on an acre, now had room to start plants for outdoor.

Had Columbian Gold seeds that just weren't meant to finish here in the PNW...dumber that shit about growing pot at that point!
Met an old hippie with some great connections, started a 12 year long relationship....some of the best Thai ever.

Worked for a city in Or. for 31 years as a maintenance guy, retired at 58, goin on 13 years of release from that prison!

thanks for the trip thru time ,not that many years behind you
And here I was thinking about the first time the barber trimmed my eyebrows (by surprise) while I was getting my weekly haircut was my first ''so it begins''

I'll just take my sippy-cup and go lol
That was 7 years ago
just wait till he starts on your ears! then you know it's getting wild.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
View attachment 132439

same way for me only the ludes being the difference.u could tell when a fresh batch hit town, was allways a bunch of slow speed fender benders

D

Deleted member 60

Now we're getting somewhere...LOL.

Did anybody ever take a REAL lude? Probably not...LOL. We had a slew of the Green "Sopors" come through "high" school in '74...and they simply laid the school low. First day they hit, there were casualties all over the building. Folks walkin' into the wrong class...just blizted...bouncin' off stuff...LOL. That Friday night we had a school "Mixer". It was a complete wasteland. Anyone doing more than one or who had some alcohol was just falling down fucked up. The crowd did one of those big circular things..holding hand and trying to dance around those in the middle. It looked like a game of Dominoes. Monday AM on the all-school PA announcement, Principal Evans (funny how ya remember that shit but not yer own name sometimes..huh?) came on and said "I don't know what these SOAP things are...but Firday night was a disgusting and disrespectable evening. We will NOT be having anymore school mixers until further notice". LOL. Who cares? LOL. Once we did have another Mixer it was a full on sniff-fest...smelling for booze/pot...and watching for intoxication. Nobody went after that. LOL.

I didn't know what ludes were til college/77 or so when a guy on my floor got a script from...get this...the campus doctor...LOL. We saw him all fucked up...but we never got any off him. Not too long afterwards we started seeing the bootlegs show up. Then more of 'em. Rorer/then Lemmon. One day I saw a guy on campus who I knew through my now wife's BF...one of my best friend's at the time (kinda fucked that fuckin her..but that's another story...LOL) and figured out he was the source. Come to find out...he was flying to Palm Beach and bringing back suitcases full of em. BINGO! Started getting pound zips full..1000 at a time. They weighed them for sale in those quantities...so depending on the density of the pills...there were always 20-40 extras in the bag. We'd sit down and count...and save the extras for ourselves. Then I'd drive across town with them and double my money on em.
Such good fun...

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I've been "hashing it" all night.
I need to scrape the resin off my glasses.
OK...MED TIME. I was wonderin' why you guys were slow to go this AM! Take your pick...or do that 70's thing and take one of each. Synergism rules!
View attachment 132442
View attachment 132443
View attachment 132444

And yes...you can have 2 'ludes. Gotta keep things interesting. :ROFLMAO:
Oh my! The Rorer and Lemmon 714's.
I ate my share of those back in the 80's.
I used to get Nembutals from the Dr. and I traded them for 15mg Desoxyns. Remember those?
We called them "Little yellow motherfuckers."
Best speed they ever made.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member

I used to get Nembutals from the Dr. and I traded them for 15mg Desoxyns. Remember those?
shit the doc gave me a black diet pill when i was in 6th grade!

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN

Reds, yellows and rainbows.....what a colorful time!