The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Ok, let's get this out of the way...I think this confirms the short bushy phenotype just likes to throw balls. My other two plants don't have any at all. Hopefully @Heisenbeans can work that out of this line but at least it seems as though it's only the short bushy phenotype that is herming.

9 - r6MXgdq.jpg

I also put 4 cuttings in the cloner...the plug fell off one when I put it in, and I didn't notice until it started rooting, so I left it. These will go outside once they get a little more root growth.
1 - rjxxAR0.jpg

And here's the plants. All are looking great except the nuts on the short girl.
2 - 9VUaIje.jpg

3 - S7ysQkK.jpg

4 - pyGGgt3.jpg

5 - KAX8k5i.jpg

Flowers are just starting to form
6 - lxsZ41e.jpg

7 - j6QSpIS.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ok, let's get this out of the way...I think this confirms the short bushy phenotype just likes to throw balls. My other two plants don't have any at all. Hopefully @Heisenbeans can work that out of this line but at least it seems as though it's only the short bushy phenotype that is herming.

View attachment 93115
1622739195645.png :ROFLMAO:

As far as nut-plucking, I think I would prune some limbs (if you have a lot) and or lollipop them and just so checking's easier. I think they stop after a week or so.

I haven't checked before, but I bet if you put a sharpie mark near the crotches where you pluck one it'll be a one time thing at each site. If it happens repeatedly at the same site I wouldn't bother.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 93125 :ROFLMAO:

As far as nut-plucking, I think I would prune some limbs (if you have a lot) and or lollipop them and just so checking's easier. I think they stop after a week or so.

I haven't checked before, but I bet if you put a sharpie mark near the crotches where you pluck one it'll be a one time thing at each site. If it happens repeatedly at the same site I wouldn't bother.
That was my thought, too. I'll remove them all once but cull the plant if they start coming back.

Streetpro09

Tester
That was my thought, too. I'll remove them all once but cull the plant if they start coming back.
That's what i ended up doing with both of mine. Short one more than the taller one. Wasnt any bud sites just preflower spots that grew nuts. They've been fine sense but i worry i didn't get all of them and they are in a 5x5 with other plants. Guess only time will tell .

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
If they are just crotch balls i usually pick them off like I just had to do on another breeders plant today. Now if they show up underneath her skirt on the flowers down they come it is just to hard to get them. I plucked my 5 HB contest plants leaves down to about nothing but so far short or tall found one spent flower or so I thought and that was it. I will take lucky.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
You guys getting nuts and deciding to keep the plants, should check them every four days for a couple weeks. I like HAF’s idea about marking the nodes where you found them.
I started to pluck them, but they were on pretty much every node, so I said "fuck it!" and removed pretty much everything but the tip of each branch. I always wondered how a plant would react to stripping it down this much in early flower so I figured this would be a good plant to experiment with.

1 - w0gJ4Je.jpg

Really tight node spacing on this one, huh?
3 - fMaRyy5.jpg

And I found a single leaf with variegation on that plant, too.
2 - qP2vS4w.jpg

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,

View attachment 93115

I also put 4 cuttings in the cloner...the plug fell off one when I put it in, and I didn't notice until it started rooting, so I left it. These will go outside once they get a little more root growth.
View attachment 93116

And here's the plants. All are looking great except the nuts on the short girl.
View attachment 93117

View attachment 93118

View attachment 93119

View attachment 93120

Flowers are just starting to form
View attachment 93121

View attachment 93122
That’s different I’ve never seen anyone use rapid rooter and a cloner together, it’s usually one of the other. Is that your regular method? And do you have good success with it? Almost seems as if the plugs would stay too wet and rot stems but idk I’ve never tried it myself.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
That’s different I’ve never seen anyone use rapid rooter and a cloner together, it’s usually one of the other. Is that your regular method? And do you have good success with it? Almost seems as if the plugs would stay too wet and rot stems but idk I’ve never tried it myself.
No, it was my first time trying it. I wanted to see if the plugs would cause the roots to grow differently and whether or not they would be easier to plant with the plugs helping hold the roots together. They do stay more wet, but I also changed the water pump cycle so it only sprays for 30 seconds once every 30 minutes. They seem to be rooting in about the same amount of time as the one without the plug

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Has anyone attempted to neuter theirs? I haven't decided yet if I want to go through the plant and remove the nuts or just cull it. I'll probably cull it, but I was just curious about how this short pheno would look in flower.
The smaller pheno just showed nuts 1 week after flip. I'm leaving the top and two branches, everything else is pruned off. It will be easy to watch now, but it's out of chances. Any more nutz and it's toast. Nuts were on 2 lower branches, the first joint out from the main stalk.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The smaller pheno just showed nuts 1 week after flip. I'm leaving the top and two branches, everything else is pruned off. It will be easy to watch now, but it's out of chances. Any more nutz and it's toast. Nuts were on 2 lower branches, the first joint out from the main stalk.
Mine had them on all the lower branches.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'm watching closely. I dont want it to Fuck up tbe other
Mine had them on all the lower branches.
Good to know. My eye is out for Bruce Jenner's!

Meatman

Meat Master
Has anyone attempted to neuter theirs? I haven't decided yet if I want to go through the plant and remove the nuts or just cull it. I'll probably cull it, but I was just curious about how this short pheno would look in flower.
I picked all the nuts off mine I had them on 2 short phenos and I picked them off they kept coming for about a week than they stopped and now they’ve been all good