The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
No your not wrong on that in my opinion. I dont know if I would say mature but it may trigger flowering faster. Alot of people flip there plants before actual maturity. Sometimes you have to or you end up with trees before christmas. That why clones run better usually. They are mature and can trigger at any size. Smaller containers will definitely trigger faster if the plant is healthy and growing I feel. Ovcourse strain dependent. I made a post about doing regs in solos for a hunt to clear out the males first. They show pretty quick in them. Well at least last time they did for me lol. Save a fuckton of media too! Just my 2 Lincoln's
I dont know much about anything but, sometimes bigger containers the plant sends out more roots= more veg time before the plant starts to grow/mature... Maybe...:confused: I do know when I use really small pots sometimes with regs Males show up even b4 I have flipped em.
I never thought about pot size and sexual maturity. My plants are about 5 days behind a few growers as far as when flowering started. Might be because of the larger pots I'm using, not sure about the pot size others are using. I'm in 6 gallons of soil.
I have always felt pot size played a roll in when veg starts vs the seedling stage. A seedling left in a 1 gallon pot will begin to veg sooner than a seedling started in a 5 gallon pot IMO.
I think about as a hobby grower that the plant will postpone veg if the roots are not finding resistance such as competing for space in nature or being crowded in a 1 gallon pot. If the plant is in a 5 gallon pot it will race to spread roots while postponing the explosive veg growth taking advantage of filling in the void before another plant does. I'd be curious to see an experiment where 5 seeds were left in 1 gallon pots and 5 were in 5 gallon pots to see if maturity showed at different times, Just 2c.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I think some people expect every cultivar to be easy to grow and forget that there are some nice ones that can just be finicky little fucks to grow out.
So far these comp plants have been some of the easiest plants I have grown in a long time, since day 1 they have wanted to explode, a touch of Epsom salt is all they has asked for beyond the normal program, but if this comp has showed me one thing it's the environment we each created for the grow has way more affect on the plants then I ever thought it did.. Sorry hope this made sense stoner talking

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
So far these comp plants have been some of the easiest plants I have grown in a long time, since day 1 they have wanted to explode, a touch of Epsom salt is all they has asked for beyond the normal program, but if this comp has showed me one thing it's the environment we each created for the grow has way more affect on the plants then I ever thought it did.. Sorry hope this made sense stoner talking
You made sense, and I agree. The just seem to crave Mg, and they might be a little more sensitive to over watering than I've been used to, but they take off when everything is right for them.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Hey, I'm grateful for the chance but these beans have not been easy for everybody. Just surf the thread and look for reports of runts and balls. Fairly high occurrence rate considering the total quantity of beans that were popped here.
I was planning on finishing these two, but now another report of balls from Lubda, I am having second thoughts. I don't want to be hunting for balls everyday.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Hey, I'm grateful for the chance but these beans have not been easy for everybody. Just surf the thread and look for reports of runts and balls. Fairly high occurrence rate considering the total quantity of beans that were popped here.
I was planning on finishing these two, but now another report of balls from Lubda, I am having second thoughts. I don't want to be hunting for balls everyday.
To expect a feminized seed to produce 100% females is a pipe dream, 10-20% of the seed produced will show intersex traits, It's the "male's representation" in the line. What about this is so hard for people to understand. If you have an issue with it you need to take it up with God not @Heisenbeans.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
To expect a feminized seed to produce 100% females is a pipe dream, 10-20% of the seed produced will show intersex traits, It's the "male's representation" in the line. What about this is so hard for people to understand. If you have an issue with it you need to take it up with God not @Heisenbeans.
Growers who expect perfection should be growing from clones only…and it still isn’t guaranteed even then.

printer

Super Active Member
I have had issues in the beginning but that was self inflicted not using a grow media I knew. Once that was straightened out and the one day I crisped some leaves, it has been pretty uneventful and they look good. Still have to flip them so, we will see what happens then. Given that I probably will not have a pretty picture by graduation time I might veg them longer and see what kind of bush I can manage. Mind you, my bush may pail in comparison to some of the growers here. But I am growing with a minimalist setup without anything special for nutrients. But at least it will be a data point for what the seeds can do. Took the top off the one, will have to get my other lights in shape as I am almost overflowing my little 2x4 tent with all the one gallon pots.