The Official Heisenbeans Forum Competition

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I'm not sure what range is good for me yet. I bought a Blue Lab soil PH pen for this grow. I'm still getting familiar with the pen after using it twice. Prior to the pen I used the slurry test and drops to check soil PH.
With a low PH I would get what appeared to be a calcium deficiency in the middle fan leaves, unlike a deficiency I find that a low PH in soil does damage quickly. There are other types of issues that I think will show up but I find that to be the most common issue with a low soil ph.
I last tested the PH of the soil 10 days ago with the ph pen, I'm doing some testing now and will share the results.
I'm not the best with organics but when I made peat based soil or even just soiless I would keep it moist with calcitic lime for at least a month prior. This is part of most people's cooking process but I imagine it plays a huge role in starting with and maintaining a proper Ph.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm not sure what range is good for me yet. I bought a Blue Lab soil PH pen for this grow. I'm still getting familiar with the pen after using it twice. Prior to the pen I used the slurry test and drops to check soil PH.
I have the pocket version of the Apera tester that has the replaceable tip. I love that it is easy to calibrate. You stick it in the solution, push the button - done. I do that at least every week or so which I think helps my grow in general. ALL pH meters are going to need calibration. Get one where it's easy - and accurate. But for soil, having two-point calibration and the pH down to the thousandth just ain't necessary.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
I have the pocket version of the Apera tester that has the replaceable tip. I love that it is easy to calibrate. You stick it in the solution, push the button - done. I do that at least every week or so which I think helps my grow in general. ALL pH meters are going to need calibration. Get one where it's easy - and accurate. But for soil, having two-point calibration and the pH down to the thousandth just ain't necessary.
I don't feel like I got good results yet after using it on 3 occasions. I went back and re read the instructions and the troubleshooting guide. I feel a mistake I'm making when testing is not getting the soil hydrated enough 1st with ro water. I'm watering to runoff today to get it good and hydrated and will do some testing tomorrow.
The probe is delicate and I might not be pressing it in to the soil enough when I feel resistance. one time it was reading 6.8 after being in the soil for a while. I gave it a turn to see the reading again and that turn made the ph drop quickly to 6.1.
Hopefully I'll get better results tomorrow. I don't think there is anything wrong with the probe I just need to learn to use it.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Getting my ass whipped on these.......but I should lock up the comp for the prettiest runt ;)

This one is somewhat normal, not ready to flip yet. contestbeannorrmal.jpg

And this little piggie went..wee.weee......weee.........all the way home. :D it's a tad small but the features are perfect. It's a different color than the previous plant.......kind of a blue green.....is this the Mac?
contestbeanrunt.jpg

some days you eat the bear...some days the bear eats you :)

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Lights out and I took some pics of the fam, plants on the left in the 2nd pic with small leaves are unrelated clones.
Definitely anybodies game. I have a small plant in the shape of a xmas tree that might develop my best bud, you never know.
If I didn't get seed #7 I'd be losing the height wars to LubdaNugs but it's obvious that with that lucky seed he's going down.

100_7729.JPG100_7731.JPG100_7733.JPG100_7732.JPG

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Lights out and I took some pics of the fam, plants on the left in the 2nd pic with small leaves are unrelated clones.
Definitely anybodies game. I have a small plant in the shape of a xmas tree that might develop my best bud, you never know.
If I didn't get seed #7 I'd be losing the height wars to LubdaNugs but it's obvious that with that lucky seed he's going down.

View attachment 90859View attachment 90860View attachment 90861View attachment 90862
Love the stretch on yours, gonna have some good smoke in the end.

Kushash

Insanely Active Member
Love the stretch on yours, gonna have some good smoke in the end.
I have grown a lot of un topped plants over the years and have never had aggressive side branching like this. I don't know how they will develop but more than one have side branches that caught up to the cola. One has 6 or more side branches that are only a couple of inches below the cola. Spending a lot of time tucking fan leaves so they get light.
Can't wait to see the results but want to enjoy the journey.