The journey of Penelope Peat

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
No disrespect bro.
It’s a female.. not a male. Lol. Well supposed to have been female. It came from a pack of fem seeds.
I got it as a clone.

A plant should not be throwing flowers under 24 hour light. Unless it’s an auto. If photo guys are accepted that, it means you are overlooking the fact that there is auto in the photo lines. Which should be very oblivious because of the shorten flowering period of the modern photos.
You’ve said now that it was from seed and that you got it as a clone. So maybe it was a bad seed in a pack of fems. Or if you got it as a female clone you got ripped off.

Anyway, mature photoperiod cannabis plants show flowers even if they are not under a flowering light schedule. They start to do this around day 50 from seed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You’ve said now that it was from seed and that you got it as a clone. So maybe it was a bad seed in a pack of fems. Or if you got it as a female clone you got ripped off.

Anyway, mature photoperiod cannabis plants show flowers even if they are not under a flowering light schedule. They start to do this around day 50 from seed.
Not to mention that running them under 24 hours of light like an auto will stress the fuck out of them. I think an argument can be made against running any plants under 24/0

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
No disrespect bro.
It’s a female.. not a male. Lol. Well supposed to have been female. It came from a pack of fem seeds.
Autos pray before flowering. It was praying so I started to watching it.
I happens. I’m not mad at it. And thanks for the advice... im sure it will be helpful in the future.
Praying is not a sign of flowering. Am I understanding this right? Now I have had plants that one whole stem will be male and another branch will be female before. It split itself after sprouting. It's very rare. But it is basically a hermi. Because it has both male and female. Some will argue it can't happen.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Praying is not a sign of flowering. Am I understanding this right? Now I have had plants that one whole stem will be male and another branch will be female before. It split itself after sprouting. It's very rare. But it is basically a hermi. Because it has both male and female. Some will argue it can't happen.
If that's the leaves praying, it's more of a watering indiator than anything else. Mine usually do that in their happy spot about a day after watering until they droop wanting more.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
If that's the leaves praying, it's more of a watering indiator than anything else. Mine usually do that in their happy spot about a day after watering until they droop wanting more.
Praying is a sign of light. The more intense the light, the more the plant will "pray". The plant is trying to shield itself from the intensity. The higher the intensity, the more the leaves will "taco". There is a "breaking point". We strive and experiment to find that point of intensity.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Ive had that happen one time with a nice big outdoor plant b4. Half was male half was female. The female limbs was actually sum bud... Thats the only 1 ive ever seen do that in all of my growing experience.
Thx

Blu-Tri

Where did you find these freakshow autos
I got it as a clone bro. The guy I got it from gave a reason his died. I don’t know. I didn’t dwell on it.
My plans was to auto it. You know it’s in the description that it’s hard to tell the males and females apart. Lol. It is what it is.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Ive had that happen one time with a nice big outdoor plant b4. Half was male half was female. The female limbs was actually sum bud... Thats the only 1 ive ever seen do that in all of my growing experience.
Thx
Edit: female limbs was actually sum good buds. Meant to say that.✌

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Praying is a sign of light. The more intense the light, the more the plant will "pray". The plant is trying to shield itself from the intensity. The higher the intensity, the more the leaves will "taco". There is a "breaking point". We strive and experiment to find that point of intensity.
Not talking the taco-ing of individual leaf blades. Talking about the entire leaf raising and falling like a water gauge. Lower fans too. Some plants are more expresive than others, but if it was just the light, they wouldn't fluctuate. My light doesn't.

The Croquembouche I'm growing now has really long fan leaf stems and it's very noticable. A couple of others with shorter leaf stems it's only noticable at the top.

Update on Peat!

12/26/20
I chopped down all of his flowering growth stems and put him under a normal vivaspectra full spectrum LED 18/6 light cycle. My hope is he will re-vege and come back to his old fluffy self.
PXL_20201226_164518132.jpg

1/10/21
The shoots that were small/ just starting when I cut him down, grew out and are producing flower sacks of their own.
PXL_20210110_154515921~2.jpg

1/23/21
Fully flowering again. I'm picking them off to keep pollen count lowPXL_20210123_142743635~2.jpg