The journey of Penelope Peat

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
The way I think of it, is plant growth is a function of the amount of light energy, nutrients, and water you give it.

Light + Nutrients + Water = Plant

A well dialed-in grow room can push these values.

Why are outdoor plants so big? Because the sun gives off a hell of a lot of power.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
We look for sets of rules that plants follow and the reality is that there isn’t one. Nature is random.

I sexed out a few plants around the first of October. Found two males that I wanted to keep for future projects. Both were in 12/12 for 9 days before being put back under 24/0 to reveg.
Bangin ticket has never stopped producing male flowers.
D1259756-2A9B-46F8-B81E-5BBAE0B91DC3.jpeg207450F0-DD4E-451C-A622-FF13479B26C7.jpeg

While Pine Tar Kush reverted in 2 weeks.
4B04ED78-8AEF-463F-8D29-1699D903726E.jpeg

Last edited:
We look for sets of rules that plants follow and the reality is that there isn’t one. Nature is random.

I sexed out a few plant around the first of October. Found two males that I wanted to keep for future projects. Both were in 12/12 for 9 days before being put back under 24/0 to reveg.
Bangin ticket has never stopped producing male flowers.
View attachment 79586View attachment 79587

While pine tar Kush reverted in 2 weeks.
View attachment 79585
Beautiful.
Nature truly is erratic

The way I think of it, is plant growth is a function of the amount of light energy, nutrients, and water you give it.

Light + Nutrients + Water = Plant

A well dialed-in grow room can push these values.

Why are outdoor plants so big? Because the sun gives off a hell of a lot of power.
If I put a few more lamps with regular house lights, do you think it'll help? Or will it just have to wait? I know it's not LED, but any should help right?

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
If I put a few more lamps with regular house lights, do you think it'll help? Or will it just have to wait? I know it's not LED, but any should help right?
Incandescent bulbs mostly generate heat, and are terribly inefficient. Don't bother.

You *could* surround it with a bunch of little LED's or CFL's... but at this point you could've bought a single fixture that is superior in every way.

Don't end up like this guy.

1607543102642.png

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
It should revert back to veg by Xmas. Only been 2 weeks or so in 24/0. Main problem you got is very low light. (not enough energy photons)
The plant is having a hard time distinguishing the light cycle because of the low light. Causing it to be very slow at reverting back to veg.
This is the best explanation I have came up with.

Blu-Tri

I had a Freakshow do the same thing. I’m like how can a plant throw flowers that under 24/0. I chunked it. I grow autos. So as I was watching the Freakshow grow, I kept telling myself “this thing is acting like an auto.” I blew it off, but kept an eye on it. It was supposed to be a fem clone. When I seen it dropping pollin, there was nothing that I could do with it. I was told that I left it in veg for too long. ?? 89DA0C04-2A02-49D0-B56E-D054E611CD52.jpegC1FE9F24-D3E4-41AC-A097-EF37F6BC86A5.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I actually said that it looks like a male that was mature enough to start showing even though it was still in veg. There's no pistils anywhere, so it's not a herm.

Blu-Tri

I actually said that it looks like a male that was mature enough to start showing even though it was still in veg. There's no pistils anywhere, so it's not a herm.
No disrespect bro.
It’s a female.. not a male. Lol. Well supposed to have been female. It came from a pack of fem seeds.
Autos pray before flowering. It was praying so I started to watching it.
I happens. I’m not mad at it. And thanks for the advice... im sure it will be helpful in the future.

Blu-Tri

If that was fem either you stressed the balls out of it or it is plain hermaphrodite
It needed a bigger pot but it was doing good. It was in a 2 gal rain science. It was treated exactly the same as a killer glue, that’s doing good after putting in a 3 gal bag. I was just sharing. I don’t care what it deal was. I can dedicate that time to something else. Chop! I don’t need it. I don’t have those type of problems with my autos. D34E64FB-01FF-4DC3-B142-A8E6BFB38AB6.jpeg538B9E56-C3E2-430C-9FD3-6FB509A59E4F.jpeg6D3BC6E3-628E-4272-B47D-FC1966775D19.jpegCEC3E622-19E7-4273-838F-0F463188B744.jpeg

It needed a bigger pot but it was doing good. It was in a 2 gal rain science. It was treated exactly the same as a killer glue, that’s doing good after putting in a 3 gal bag. I was just sharing. I don’t care what it deal was. I can dedicate that time to something else. Chop! I don’t need it. I don’t have those type of problems with my autos. View attachment 80538View attachment 80541View attachment 80539View attachment 80540
It makes me sad that people don't keep things like that just to find out what happens. Experiment a little, find causes and solutions. That's why I started on this site, looking for people who knew more than just the typical parameters of what works.

Blu-Tri

It makes me sad that people don't keep things like that just to find out what happens. Experiment a little, find causes and solutions. That's why I started on this site, looking for people who knew more than just the typical parameters of what works.
I love to tinker. I breed autos for a passion. I do remember telling my wife that the plant was acting as if it was going to auto. Like I said I was watching it. Even when I first saw the flowers, I thought they would be duds. No these were dropping pollen.
I think where I missed the ball, is that I didn’t realize that it was a male. So quite possibly a male Freakshow autoflower.
Autos already get a bad rap, I don’t care to add to that assumption. Per breeders choice, I dont add unknown variables to my strain if I can avoid it.
Even if I knew it was a male, I would not have added to my strain. I don’t put anything in my line that I don’t smoke. I don’t smoke males. That’s just my preference.
Which that said, everyone has a different way of doing things, especially breeding. I respect another breeders methods and never criticize someone for how he/ she choose to do things. That’s another one of my preference. To each his/her own. That kinda reminds me of chucking. Any way happy growing. Forgive me for sharing.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
No disrespect bro.
It’s a female.. not a male. Lol. Well supposed to have been female. It came from a pack of fem seeds.
I happens. I’m not mad at it. And thanks for the advice... im sure it will be helpful in the future.
Gynoecious,a population containing female and intersex plants. Bet that "male" is still [X,X].

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
No disrespect bro.
I’m with HAF on this. That was not a female plant, and not even a herm, since there were only male flowers on it.

Do you have the other seeds from the same pack?

Blu-Tri

I’m with HAF on this. That was not a female plant, and not even a herm, since there were only male flowers on it.

Do you have the other seeds from the same pack?
I got it as a clone. I didn’t dwell on it. I chunked it out. It’s been 15 years since I have seen a male plant. I only do fem. since I work with autos, there is no room for guess work. Everything must be right. I keep reading about photo guys plucking nanners. No one will bother with an auto that doing that. We consider that poor untested genetics. You guys take it as the norm. Y’all have a totally different mentality. Also photo guys think autos are less potent, low yielding and less terps. When I hear someone say that, bro I laugh. All I can think is “ I don’t know what auto they are fooling with”. Some of the bud that I see posted here. I be like where do these guys get the nerves to talk about autos. To each his/ her own. I understand that you guys don’t want to buy seed. But with each seed, you get new possibilities, autos are always moving forward. Photos seem to be at a standstill. like haf said all the different breedings methods, but the plants aren’t getting any better. A plant should not be throwing flowers under 24 hour light. Unless it’s an auto. If photo guys are accepted that, it means you are overlooking the fact that there is auto in the photo lines. Which should be very oblivious because of the shorten flowering period of the modern photos.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I think the issue is that you aren't being really concise in your posts, keep posting bits of information through multiple posts, and expect everyone to keep up. My guess is that you have a bit of a scatter brain (not an insult) and you type as you are thinking about your question but just don't go back to make sure everything we need to understand what you are getting at is there. As I said, this isn't an insult, and it's probably just part of your character that some of us will eventually figure out and get used to. I deal with this all the time at work when I get emails from technicians out in the field who just have a hard time explaining the issues that are experiencing at a job site.
I’m a scatter brain