The journey of Penelope Peat

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you look on one of the forums associated with a bean company that sells auto's, half the threads in the "I have issues" board are about people killing plants with nutes or lights - the other half are about auto's not flowering on their own

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Toss Penelope/Pete in the trash. Personally, I think we should call she/he/it "Pat"

If you want a plant that will produce a consumable end product, then just toss it already. If you need more seeds, you're at the right place.

Not all auto breeders are on top of their game. If you get auto beans from a *good* auto breeder, they should flower like clockwork at 20-30 days old.

The fact that you even had to start this thread because of confusion around this plant tells me whatever you got isn't the best.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I really don't understand how y'all ain't understanding me.
I think the issue is that you aren't being really concise in your posts, keep posting bits of information through multiple posts, and expect everyone to keep up. My guess is that you have a bit of a scatter brain (not an insult) and you type as you are thinking about your question but just don't go back to make sure everything we need to understand what you are getting at is there. As I said, this isn't an insult, and it's probably just part of your character that some of us will eventually figure out and get used to. I deal with this all the time at work when I get emails from technicians out in the field who just have a hard time explaining the issues that are experiencing at a job site.

Toss Penelope/Pete in the trash. Personally, I think we should call she/he/it "Pat"

If you want a plant that will produce a consumable end product, then just toss it already. If you need more seeds, you're at the right place.

Not all auto breeders are on top of their game. If you get auto beans from a *good* auto breeder, they should flower like clockwork at 20-30 days old.

The fact that you even had to start this thread because of confusion around this plant tells me whatever you got isn't the best.
It's a personal project not a breeder anymore. At first it was. But that was before much more info came to light. Right now I just want a happy marijuana plant in my room that looks nice and isn't about to kill itself

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Riu, this one, and a crap one on reddit is all I could find so far. Thought these were still fairly new considering legality
The most active grower subreddit is r/microgrowery but there are a lot of morons on there so you really need to know who to ignore and who to listen to over there. For auto flower stuff r/autoflowers is probably the most active subreddit followed by r/MephHeads which is a sub dedicated to people who grow Mephisto Genetics autos.

Streetpro09

Tester
I think the issue is that you aren't being really concise in your posts, keep posting bits of information through multiple posts, and expect everyone to keep up. My guess is that you have a bit of a scatter brain (not an insult) and you type as you are thinking about your question but just don't go back to make sure everything we need to understand what you are getting at is there. As I said, this isn't an insult, and it's probably just part of your character that some of us will eventually figure out and get used to. I deal with this all the time at work when I get emails from technicians out in the field who just have a hard time explaining the issues that are experiencing at a job site.

This was exactly my problem. (Personally I would have a hard time explaining myself. Coming here and "seeing" how adults conversate has helped me tremendously!). Now I'm conversating in real life better.

Thank you

In truth, it is why I don't work for other people. I do have a hard time getting info across.
But I honestly thought I had explained myself better with this second attempt. It has dates, pictures, concise and accurate text.

Streetpro09

Tester
Thank you

In truth, it is why I don't work for other people. I do have a hard time getting info across.
But I honestly thought I had explained myself better with this second attempt. It has dates, pictures, concise and accurate text.
I would suggest sitting back and taking in everything you can. Pay attention to how people explain themselves and the response they receive. It's helped me.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Thank you

I'm similar, but in a different way. I have to do 99% of my communication over email because I can't absorb what people say over the phone well in real time. You did do a better job with this post, for sure, but some of it was still hard for me to follow. Definitely pick up that book I sent you a link to in your older thread. I had a hard time figuring out a lot from forums and reddit until I got that book. Once I started reading that book a lot of things just made sense and fell into place.

I'm similar, but in a different way. I have to do 99% of my communication over email because I can't absorb what people say over the phone well in real time. You did do a better job with this post, for sure, but some of it was still hard for me to follow. Definitely pick up that book I sent you a link to in your older thread. I had a hard time figuring out a lot from forums and reddit until I got that book. Once I started reading that book a lot of things just made sense and fell into place.
I did end up finding a PDF of it. Now when my house is clean, I'll be able to sit down to it

I would suggest sitting back and taking in everything you can. Pay attention to how people explain themselves and the response they receive. It's helped me.
Unfortunately reading is my worst way of learning. I am very much a hands-on you show me how it's done physically then I repeat it physically while you walk me through it and then just watch me do it a third time by myself to make sure I do it right.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
All LED
At first it was just veg spectrum.

Now it's full spectrum 9wt.+ Full spectrum from a hydroponics machine + regular lightbulb cause the 9wt is tiny + mirrors to reflect.
It's literally a closet growView attachment 79580
Have you grown much with this setup? That seems really insufficient as far as lighting is concerned. What are the dimensions of your tent? If you are using standard household LED bulbs then you need at least 50W per square foot of growing space to get decent results in flower. I wasted a lot of time and money on cheap lights when I started growing and couldn't believe the difference when I built new lights from quality LED strips. I went from pulling 6-8 ounces of bud from each grow to over a pound each grow.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
All LED
At first it was just veg spectrum.

Now it's full spectrum 9wt.+ Full spectrum from a hydroponics machine + regular lightbulb cause the 9wt is tiny + mirrors to reflect.
It's literally a closet growView attachment 79580
9 watt bulbs won't cut it.

In my experience, when plants don't have a strong enough light source, they exhibit odd/slow behavior.

Like @TreeFarmerCharlie said you'll need at least 50w/sqft.

Something like this would be a tremendous upgrade, and it's only $13
1607538085266.png

Have you grown much with this setup? That seems really insufficient as far as lighting is concerned. What are the dimensions of your tent? If you are using standard household LED bulbs then you need at least 50W per square foot of growing space to get decent results in flower. I wasted a lot of time and money on cheap lights when I started growing and couldn't believe the difference when I built new lights from quality LED strips. I went from pulling 6-8 ounces of bud from each grow to over a pound each grow.
No, I had to go and buy the 9w.bulb separately. The full veg spectrum light it was under is in a proper tent. This is literally my clothes closet it's in. The rest of my plants (and this one started out under {and began it's pre-flowers under} a vivaspectra 300w light

The rest of my plants

Attachments

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
No, I had to go and buy the 9w.bulb separately. The full veg spectrum light it was under is in a proper tent. This is literally my clothes closet it's in. The rest of my plants (and this one started out under {and began it's pre-flowers under} a vivaspectra 300w light
The viparspectra is good, no problems there. Your closet area needs more power though. Even just for veg, 9w bulbs are almost like not having any light at all.

I used to start my seedlings under 23w CFL's. That's roughly equivalent to your 9w LED bulbs. You can get a plant started that way no problem, but once they mature, that tiny amount of light will grind them to a halt. If you pulled big ass plants out of the tent and put them under 9w bulbs, they're basically sitting in the dark now.

The vivaspectra is good, no problems there. Your closet area needs more power though. Even just for veg, 9w bulbs are almost like not having any light at all.

I used to start my seedlings under 23w CFL's. That's probably roughly equivalent to your 9w LED bulbs. You can get a plant started that way no problem, but once they mature, that tiny amount of light will grind them to a halt. If you pulled big ass plants out of the tent and put them under 9w bulbs, they're basically sitting in the dark.
Aaahhhh. Whelp. Time to start saving up another $75