The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The above picture and these are of the newly renamed Paradise Diesel. Available from https://clgseeds.org/

Five days and still drying thankfully. If I had left it hanging it would be like the Mojave by now.
IMG_4653.JPG
Since it was drying too rapidly, I put it under vacuum with an rH pack. Never any issues with is smelling moldy or anything. I open it 2-3 times per day, fluff everything up and let it air for a few minutes, then reseal it. It's cool watching it shrink as you release the vacuum. It also stops expanding/shrinking as it dries.
IMG_4656.JPG
Each time I open it (at first) it feels moist for a few minutes. I have weighed it immediately after opening, and 10 minutes later and seen a half gram to a gram weight loss just from it airing out.
IMG_4654.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As of today, The diesel above is the only thing I have not dried/cured at least one month from harvest. In depth smoke reports coming up for both versions of the Crown Jewel (Golden Lion Genetics, Chihuapei x Dubking, F2 by @J.James ), but today was the birthday for the Burgundy pheno

I purposely weighed out 1g for all the cones I pack for "testing". Here was the stopping point for this strain... Depending on the longevity of the buzz this should last a good bit of the day. I also ate 1/4g of decarbed flower with breakfast. It's the breakfast of ex-champions 🥴
IMG_4666.JPG
Both the kush and burgundy grew exactly the same size and structure-wise, but the burgundy had nice fall foliage and purplish bud-leaves that gives the dried flowers a little more bag-appeal.
IMG_4668.JPG
Both are frosty, and have similar dark aromas like coffee and cedar, with a hint of licorice. The kush pheno is lighter smelling with more floral/cedar and more licorice with less coffee. I'll get comparison shots when I test the kush.
Ground this is dank. The combination of diesel/skunk terps give this a unique gunpowder smell. Cordite. Like your fingers after you break down your gun but before you bust out the Hoppe's #9 :)
IMG_4672.JPG
1576606413676.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
CJ-B update - damn LOL. coupla hours and I re-lit. before the fire hit it I stopped. That gunpowder smell was still there instead of just nasty-roach burnt weed smell. It is not couchlock though - very active/creative buzz. but intense.

I LOVE MY JOB! :p

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
4th gear day 98/68
Lots of milk, and no amber - yet
IMG_4679.JPG
But it looks like it will have a dark amber based on what's creeping up the pistils. Closer than I thought if all those start turning at the same time.
IMG_4682.JPG
And the under-nugs look about the same, and are randomly sized between marbles and golf balls. IMG_4684.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Paradise Diesel is dry. Not counting the +/- half ounce of larf from when I de-stemmed, and the stuff up top from today, I ended up with 2 ounces of primo. 93 days total, 63 days flower.
IMG_4717.JPG
It's still working on a defined aroma. for now it's a mild fresh mix of sweet, diesel, and spice.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Had some last minute shopping to do - there were people - zero stars - do not recommend...

But I am now pleasantly toasted on week-old weed that smokes surprisingly smooth and steady. I'm sold on the vacuum dry thingy.

The Paradise Diesel - "PD" ( 🚔 LOL) doesn't have a taste or smell that I can define - other than weed. Back in the day when you bought that sandwich bag of weed and unrolled it to get that first whiff? It's like that. Tastes clean, not gassy/coughy or like grassy hay.

Packed a cone and a half with a grinder-full.
Smoked the half to the nub and enjoyed the taste the entire time.
I was doing something - don't remember what - and it hit me. I'm fucking HIGH.
Tell the people! It's creeper-weed - be careful

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm far to wrecked to try to enter this thread after those posts lmao
Jump on in - the water is … wet or something...

As far as the 4th Gear, Check out @J.James that he has going. about the same stage as mine and amplitudes prettier. Mine are fat, smell great, and will probably have a buzz or two in there somewhere :) His will have the extra terps I'm killing off LOL