The Christmas Tent

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Well, after 99 days since flip this Ghost Town is done whether I want it to be or not. No more summer growing for me. The humidity is too much to keep up with. 😭

View attachment 67683
Man...you hate to see it. I've had a couple run ins myself with mold.

How's your air movement/circulation in the grow space? Even if your RH is in check, lack of air movement will get you moldy buds too...I had a dehuey running inside the tent keeping RH in check, but my air movement game was weak and I ended up losing my choicest colas.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Man...you hate to see it. I've had a couple run ins myself with mold.

How's your air movement/circulation in the grow space? Even if your RH is in check, lack of air movement will get you moldy buds too...I had a dehuey running inside the tent keeping RH in check, but my air movement game was weak and I ended up losing my choicest colas.
Yeah there are a ton of things that can set you on a crash course w mold . Airflow is the most important in my opinion. There are also people out there that don't have a dehumidifier and they are wondering why they got pm. What a bitch pm is

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Yeah there are a ton of things that can set you on a crash course w mold . Airflow is the most important in my opinion. There are also people out there that don't have a dehumidifier and they are wondering why they got pm. What a bitch pm is
I have a box fan in my 2x4 mounted at the top blowing down, beast mode air movement.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Getting mold was my own fault. I had 4 plants in 3 gal pots in a 2'x2' tent with no room for air movement, 80-90 degree temps and 50-75% rh. It's surprising I didn't get mold sooner. I need to learn to cull rather than saving every plant. Lesson learned.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Since it's been a while. Third grow is going uneventfully. As long as I can keep the humidity down these should turn out fine.

grow20200815.jpg

I put a couple clones outside. I thought they were both females but turns out the tall one is a male and the middle one is a female. Looks like I'm going to get some F2 seeds of my UGCircus plant. The scrawny plant in back is an autoflower I put outside to see what would happen.

chuck20200811.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have a box fan in my 2x4 mounted at the top blowing down, beast mode air movement.
Oscillating fans really help. If you have a fan blowing the same direction constantly, there will be one side of every plant that is kind of sheltered from the wind. The volume of air that you need to move with the fans isn't that important as constant air movement. The big thing on mold is your exhaust. THAT is where you need mondo-airflow. Too much fan-wind can actually stress the plants, forces transpiration at a much higher rate. which could induce mold.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
It's been a while since I've posted here so I thought I'd post an update. I managed to get everything to finish without any issues. Everything turned out nice but the big surprise was Banana Hash Plant from County Line Genetics. It knocked both my wife and I on our butts. The high is strong and clear with good energy (not a bed time strain) and it lasts for hours. My wife had some at 2:30 in the afternoon and felt like the high was finally finishing at 7:00pm. I'll be growing that one again.

I started some new seeds. I mentioned in another post that I was going to just put the seeds in damp soil (ProMix seed starter actually.) No soak in a glass of water, no paper towel just soil. I lost some plants to mice, but other than that every seed sprouted. Even a couple I thought might not do well are doing fine. So I think that the paper towel/soaking isn't really necessary. Maybe for older seeds.

update20201127.jpg

I started Heisenbeans Purple Crash, Missy's Stash from Dragon Flame Genetics, Pirate's Blood, Dionysus and Bewitched BX from Spartan Family Genetics and Chemberry Crippler from County Line Genetics. I also started a couple CDB/CBG strains from Hoku Seed Co.: Witch's Brew and Deep Space. (There are some plants in another tent.)

baldmountain

Super Active Member
It's been a while since I've updated. I was a bit sad since the Witch's Brew turned out to be male even though it was a feminized seed. After culling males I have 5 plants left. This is the first grow I feel like hasn't been a complete mess. I probably should have vegged a bit longer but I didn't write any dates down so I'm not sure how long they vegged or how long they have been flowering. I decided to just watch them and see how they turned out rather than try and keep them to a timetable.

I tried Coast of Maine platinum mix and just about every plant looked starved for nitrogen pretty early. I kept pH between 6.2 and 6.5 so I don't think there was any nutrient lock out. I needed to add some GH FloraGrow to get them back on track. The COM Platinum mix holds water a lot better than FFOF so you have to be careful of overwatering if you are used to FFOF. Less bugs too.

This is the Missy's Stash:

IMG_20210109_124819042.jpg