Succulent cuttings

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Never trust the daffodils! Standing by for a blizzard LOL
1676907551835.pngIMG_4006.JPG
Not to clog your page but I do have succulents. Here is my 'wild' cactus that I know ain't local, but comes back bigger every year. No clue how it got here but I have been here since 2018. When I moved in it covered about 2 feet across and I have done nothing to it. It's about 6' across now.
IMG_4003.JPG
Just had below freezing temps for a while and then a hard freeze a two nights ago. Only change is that it wrinkles in the winter
IMG_4004.JPG

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Never trust the daffodils! Standing by for a blizzard LOL
View attachment 125444View attachment 125447
Not to clog your page but I do have succulents. Here is my 'wild' cactus that I know ain't local, but comes back bigger every year. No clue how it got here but I have been here since 2018. When I moved in it covered about 2 feet across and I have done nothing to it. It's about 6' across now.
View attachment 125445
Just had below freezing temps for a while and then a hard freeze a two nights ago. Only change is that it wrinkles in the winter
View attachment 125446
You can make juice from the red blossoms.

Leeski

Super Active Member
Mums have been stripped, got about 75ish decent size new plants and plenty of leaves for propagation. Will leave them to scab over for a few days before potting them up, also went hard on the mums trimmed all old roots and cut them bonsai style …. IMG_0756.jpegIMG_0764.jpegIMG_0766.jpegIMG_0769.jpegIMG_0770.jpegIMG_0771.jpegIMG_0774.jpegIMG_0776.jpeg

Lights Out

I'd watch a youtube video or three and compare them. The drying out is mainly for the wound from cutting to heal up. Not sure what else goes on during that time. I have only failed with the aloe so far and I got that it took 5 days to dry out or something.
*went to snag pic*
Food for thought. I want more aloe (or whatever succulent) so I bought a few 4" grocery store pots and I placed them in different areas for different shade/sun 'settings' to see where it thrives. I found a spot and my goal was to get them in the ground in that location. It's still on my to do list but they decided to make babies on their own. In the right pot there's a new plant popping up. When I get them in the ground I'll see how substantial the thing connecting them is and either plant it as is or spread them out a bit. I'm thinking just letting them do their thing like this is probably the easiest.
View attachment 117860
Aloe wont propagate from leaf cuts sorry.