Succulent cuttings

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Day 2 since I took the cuttings. I do not see any roots yet. Should I mist the cuttings with water?
I'd watch a youtube video or three and compare them. The drying out is mainly for the wound from cutting to heal up. Not sure what else goes on during that time. I have only failed with the aloe so far and I got that it took 5 days to dry out or something.
*went to snag pic*
Food for thought. I want more aloe (or whatever succulent) so I bought a few 4" grocery store pots and I placed them in different areas for different shade/sun 'settings' to see where it thrives. I found a spot and my goal was to get them in the ground in that location. It's still on my to do list but they decided to make babies on their own. In the right pot there's a new plant popping up. When I get them in the ground I'll see how substantial the thing connecting them is and either plant it as is or spread them out a bit. I'm thinking just letting them do their thing like this is probably the easiest.
IMG_1651.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Right beside that is a sage plant that is on year 4, just cutting it back once or twice a year. All my herbs are like that. If I need some fresh it's there but usually I either let stuff bolt and seed, or harvest and dehydrate. I guess I'd rather put my effort into the results of the growing than the growing itself - which is how the stoner typing this connected the two.

Some shit it's easier to just let it do it's own thing

Tvanmunhen

Just some dude
I would do both if it is an option. I would use 1/2" water for the big stem cutting and coco for the leaves. Perhaps the smaller stem cuttings do one in water and the other two in coco.