Stardawg - spiderfarmer tent grow

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Im.testing a sf 4000 now. Prob be ok for a 4x4 but definitely not gonna fly in a 5x5. I imagine the 3000 I'd prob good for a 3x3
They could send me one to try and give a review on. I build all my lights so it would be a good comparison test for me.
Send the rep my direction. lol

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Why don't you see "side lighting" in tents?
I always wanted to create a "window blind" type lighting system with strip lights.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Running one to cover 3 plants that hang outside my 720 watt at the wall led it JUST covers them I have no complaints with growth or frost girls seem to like it originally bought it for my seedling tent but it never made it just bought another lol

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
SF3000??? Did you mean SE3000? The SF line are quantum boards. The SF4000 is good for a 4x4 or a 5'x5', SF2000 good for 4x2. SE3000 probably underpowered for a 4x4.
Doubt it, in a 4x4 those two 240 drivers are rated at 240 watts max, that equates to about 30 watts a square foot. Even with the best diodes on the Market that's pretty low, in a 5x5 it's around 20 watts a square foot. I personally wouldn't waste the space. I'm sure people are doing it. I've seen people grow in a 4x4 with a hand full of cfls plugged in to sockets. I personally think the stats are misleading to say the sf4000 can replace a 1000w bulb.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Doubt it, in a 4x4 those two 240 drivers are rated at 240 watts max, that equates to about 30 watts a square foot. Even with the best diodes on the Market that's pretty low, in a 5x5 it's around 20 watts a square foot. I personally wouldn't waste the space. I'm sure people are doing it. I've seen people grow in a 4x4 with a hand full of cfls plugged in to sockets. I personally think the stats are misleading to say the sf4000 can replace a 1000w bulb.
I have my lights plugged into smart sockets with current monitoring, I also have a Sense whole house current monitor. At an average of 123v, the 2 SF4000's in my 8x4 are drawing 1080 - 1100 watts.

That "1000w HPS" comparison has to do with PAR not necessarily a direct watt equivalent.

On a related note, without supplemental CO2, isn't "a gram per watt" typically regarded as a gold standard target for light/grow efficiency? Getting about a pound harvest from a 450-500W LED light seems pretty good. Am I missing something?

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I have my lights plugged into smart sockets with current monitoring, I also have a Sense whole house current monitor. At an average of 123v, the 2 SF4000's in my 8x4 are drawing 1080 - 1100 watts.

That "1000w HPS" comparison has to do with PAR not necessarily a direct watt equivalent.

On a related note, without supplemental CO2, isn't "a gram per watt" typically regarded as a gold standard target for light/grow efficiency? Getting about a pound harvest from a 450-500W LED light seems pretty good. Am I missing something?
Grams per watt is irrelevant when u can veg for a year under cfls and grow to the ceiling. I would say grams per kilowatt hour would be a more fair comparison accross the board. Not sure who came up with this grams per watt shit but it's nonsense. You said the 3000 originally would be ok for a 4x4 or 5x5. I have the 4000 and think its pretty capable. Barely but it does work. No way is 640 watts total gonna fly in a 4x8 even with today's LED. That technology is still a ways out. At some point I think the ppfd is gonna hit a wall as far as efficiency goes .

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Grams per watt is irrelevant when u can veg for a year under cfls and grow to the ceiling.
Yes clearly its the integral over time that matters... DLI not PAR. But we are talking about a heuristic for new growers to help dial in their setups. You might be able to get a lb in a 4x4 filled with CFLs but no way in hell that is gonna be as efficient. No way you are doing that under 450watts. I think in the early indoor days 1lb per 1000watt HPS is also the standard target. This is all about efficiency and I would say time is also part of this. Most people are not trying to veg out plants for a year, they are doing SCROG or SOG and flipping to flower as soon as the canopy is filled.

You said the 3000 originally would be ok for a 4x4 or 5x5. I have the 4000 and think its pretty capable. Barely but it does work. No way is 640 watts total gonna fly in a 4x8 even with today's LED. That technology is still a ways out. At some point I think the ppfd is gonna hit a wall as far as efficiency goes .
Maybe I misspoke, I thought said the SF4000 should be plenty fine for a 4x4 and even a 5x5. I had never heard of a SF3000 before today but it sounds like its right in the middle of the 2000 and 4000 in led count and watts so 4x4 is probably the max tent size for it but not optimal. The only time I referenced a 4x8 was in the context of my dual SF4000 setup which is drawing over 1100 watts.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Waiting on a new light to come ffrom spiderfarmer sf3000 ,love the tent fabric is real quality table is about 1ft short all way round tent ,so just under 2mtr x 2mtr.Plants are 28 days today start of week 5 .Thinking of doing something old school after next set View attachment 114555View attachment 114556View attachment 114557View attachment 114558View attachment 114559View attachment 114561View attachment 114560
Nice lookn so far man.. Whos version of the stardawg u got( breeder)?
I grew 2 StardawgxCorey cut regs from heisenbeans a while back, and loved that chem..
Thx

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
480W is what HLG recommends for a 4x4. I run 480W and usually pull over a pound per grow (1lb - 1.5lb) which is plenty for me. IMO, though, you get much better results with 480W of strip LEDs than QBs.