Soil nutrients

Meatman

Meat Master
29C7D6A8-1A33-4459-B532-02ED1CF33CA3.jpegI use the entire line up except the flowers kiss, I guess I’ve always used fox farm I was just wondering if there was something easier, I’ve always just used the whole line up, do people have good results with just the main 3?

View attachment 68253I use the entire line up except the flowers kiss, I guess I’ve always used fox farm I was just wondering if there was something easier, I’ve always just used the whole line up, do people have good results with just the main 3?
I have used the main 3 and nothing else on that list for quite some time now and never had a problem. I tend to think I grow somewhat ok plants.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
View attachment 68253I use the entire line up except the flowers kiss, I guess I’ve always used fox farm I was just wondering if there was something easier, I’ve always just used the whole line up, do people have good results with just the main 3?
I've used all this. I switched to their dry top-feed, and I am using some of this stuff until it runs out. My opinion is that the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom pretty much cancel out all the stuff in the orange section. Those are the two (of the first three) that are not listed as organic. My simplistic translation on it is this:

The stuff in the orange section is more to build a living soil environment and maintain it. Lots of microbial stuff, micro-nutes, lots of "can't hurt" stuff. All are great additives, all have cheaper alternatives that you could substitute.

The Big Bloom is organic - it isn't a nute. Almost no NPK. It's more like a compost tea.

The grow big and tiger bloom are 'salts' which then means you might need the sledgehammer for flushing. The 3 at the bottom are all bloom boosters that work well with the salt nutes.

What works for me is to use roughly 25% of what they recommend, which means my little bottles of stuff are lasting a long time.

I'm sick of adding acidic flower nutes to get to 1200 ppm and then having to add 2 tablespoons plus of PH UP to even it all out.

Dyna-Gro user here. Love the nutes but hate the acidic flower nutes. I can put a tablespoon of Grow and a tablespoon of Foliage pro into 3 gallons of water and 1 little teaspoon of PH UP will get it to 6.5. Put in a tablespoon of Flower nutes and add the same amount of PH UP to get it to 6.5. Add a tablespoon of Mag-Pro and add another tablespoon of PH UP to the mix to even it out.

Not happy about having to use so much PH UP. My R/O water is a 7.

I've used all this. I switched to their dry top-feed, and I am using some of this stuff until it runs out. My opinion is that the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom pretty much cancel out all the stuff in the orange section. Those are the two (of the first three) that are not listed as organic. My simplistic translation on it is this:

The stuff in the orange section is more to build a living soil environment and maintain it. Lots of microbial stuff, micro-nutes, lots of "can't hurt" stuff. All are great additives, all have cheaper alternatives that you could substitute.

The Big Bloom is organic - it isn't a nute. Almost no NPK. It's more like a compost tea.

The grow big and tiger bloom are 'salts' which then means you might need the sledgehammer for flushing. The 3 at the bottom are all bloom boosters that work well with the salt nutes.

What works for me is to use roughly 25% of what they recommend, which means my little bottles of stuff are lasting a long time.
Yep light feed and if you water to runoff 99.9% of the time no flush is ever needed.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I was wondering what’s a good fertilizer right now I was the entire fox farm nutrient soil line up and I’m sick of mixing so much shit together, was wondering if there Is a better easier line up that there is maybe one or two things to mix, not 6 or so at a time?
Hey I use Dr earth . Nothing is easier. Grow for veg and flower girl for bloom . Two tbs per gal of soil ever 4 weeks .