So I fried all my plants yesterday.

Keyown1

Super Active Member
I usually burn sulfur in my veg/mother area for 45min once a week cause I had pm about a year and half ago. I never want to go through that again. So I burn weekly as a preventative has worked out great so far. Well the cheap timer that was attached to my burner crapped out on me and my 45min burn turned into a about 6-10hr burn(shit who knows the cup that was 3/4 full was completely empty). Go in my area to turn fans and exhaust back on sulfur so strong in the air my eyes burning had to leave right back out. Long story short lost alot of moms left what I thought might survive but not looking good. I just flipped some plants 12 days ago to flower. I flipped them back to veg hopefully I can save at least some of my genetics. Just hope everybody else's memorial day is going better than mine.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
I usually burn sulfur in my veg/mother area for 45min once a week cause I had pm about a year and half ago. I never want to go through that again. So I burn weekly as a preventative has worked out great so far. Well the cheap timer that was attached to my burner crapped out on me and my 45min burn turned into a about 6-10hr burn(shit who knows the cup that was 3/4 full was completely empty). Go in my area to turn fans and exhaust back on sulfur so strong in the air my eyes burning had to leave right back out. Long story short lost alot of moms left what I thought might survive but not looking good. I just flipped some plants 12 days ago to flower. I flipped them back to veg hopefully I can save at least some of my genetics. Just hope everybody else's memorial day is going better than mine.
Damn, thats a bummer. Are you able to wash them off real good and salvage them? Maybe try keeping them in 24 hr light for a day or two (if not already) and up the humidity to allow them to "breathe" excessively and hopefully clear out the stomata that may likely be affected by the burn.

Keyown1

Super Active Member
Tried that but the lights had already came on and pretty much turned them to mush. I got some cuts in my clone box and with the table i flipped back shouldn't be a total loss but definitely lost at least 10 strains maybe more if the clones don't root.

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
I just got to be more proactive and stop just assuming things are going to work when you doing things that can kill your plants. I know one thing no more cheap timers will ever see my grows again
Man that sucks. I just don’t trust any timers man. Cheap, expensive. They all fail at one point. When its lights its less destructive. But with something that can kill plants just control it yourself. Shit man!

Waxman420

Sorry man that sucks im sure between the clones and reveg it wont be a total loss tho. Couple questions
I thought burning/vaporizing sulpher was more for the room/equipment?

Is there a difference in using a burner on the plants vs sulpher powder and h2o in a spray bottle ?
I figured the spray would be the best way to "coat" a plant but Ive been wrong more than once.

This was only my understanding from reading and talking with a few peeps. (I have PM ) can't shake it 4+ rounds the last one was the lightest outbreak but Ive had enough . Shutting down sterilizing adding filters, uv ozone and popping new seeds seems the best thing in my situation.

I think its the ac coil , others saying lose the tent .

S

Keyown1

Super Active Member
Sorry man that sucks im sure between the clones and reveg it wont be a total loss tho. Couple questions
I thought burning/vaporizing sulpher was more for the room/equipment?

Is there a difference in using a burner on the plants vs sulpher powder and h2o in a spray bottle ?
I figured the spray would be the best way to "coat" a plant but Ive been wrong more than once.

This was only my understanding from reading and talking with a few peeps. (I have PM ) can't shake it 4+ rounds the last one was the lightest outbreak but Ive had enough . Shutting down sterilizing adding filters, uv ozone and popping new seeds seems the best thing in my situation.

I think its the ac coil , others saying lose the tent .

S
I'm no expert by any means but I tried the spraying route and it just didn't work not long term anyway. When I started burning it went away and never came back. Now I also got my rooms in order too( upgraded dehumi, more fans, better ac etc.) Honestly , I probably don't even need to burn at this point anymore. The vapor coats everything in your room. You miss things spraying jmho.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I just got to be more proactive and stop just assuming things are going to work when you doing things that can kill your plants. I know one thing no more cheap timers will ever see my grows again
I'm sorry this happened. Hopefully the clones root. Thanks for sharing tho key. Sadly lesson learned so take that and move forward. Hoping for the best.

Edit: wrote this the other day never sent it lol

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN

I'd take clones immediately off those plants. I've had plants dying before and took clones and the clones made it just fine. Matter of fact my best plant come from that way. I'm glad I saved a cutting because it is spectactular