Shantibaba's Black Widow: The Progressing Saga

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Day 7 on the clones. They all have roots now. Some are even lifting up out of the cups! I'm very impressed with these clones. Very clone-able.
View attachment 42265View attachment 42266View attachment 42261View attachment 42260View attachment 42259View attachment 42258View attachment 42257View attachment 42264View attachment 42263View attachment 42262
The seed plants are just now starting to show sex, so this should be some pretty good timing.
So it looks like a collar on top of some perlite in a cup. How much water/feed is in the perlite?

Big Perm

Budtender
So it looks like a collar on top of some perlite in a cup. How much water/feed is in the perlite?
Enough to make the perlite wet but not soaked to the point to where the perlite is sitting in water. It won't evaporate out. I mixed 1g/gal Calcium Nitrate. Heat pad, dome, and foliar with the same mixture once in a while, but it isn't needed. I just do that to keep the clone from using up its own supply while it waits for roots. You'll get the same results, just get yellowing on the bottom leaves from a N deficiency. The Ca helps the clones root, too imo.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Interested in those clone collars and the colored part in the middle... can you point us to where you can source those things? Or if they're DIY, tell us what exactly you did there? I'm a perlite guy myself, so very interested in this. Thanks in advance!

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Haven't posted my Black Widow in a bit...the BW tent was getting overgrown like a Vietnamese jungle. Had the break out the machete to make sense of things.

IMG_20200208_124741.jpg

IMG_20200208_124802.jpg

After many days of hacking, slashing and finding my way through, I ended up here:

IMG_20200212_001647.jpg

Blue cups are Black Widow. Still a bit sorry looking, this was a couple days after potting them into solos. Looking much happier now, 3-4 days later.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Day 7 on the clones. They all have roots now. Some are even lifting up out of the cups! I'm very impressed with these clones. Very clone-able.
View attachment 42265View attachment 42266View attachment 42261View attachment 42260View attachment 42259View attachment 42258View attachment 42257View attachment 42264View attachment 42263View attachment 42262
The seed plants are just now starting to show sex, so this should be some pretty good timing.
Love the technique. I have a similar method . Rockwool cubes on top of the perlite 👍👍

Big Perm

Budtender
Nice work dude with the plants and training. Hey just curious what light is that? And was u the one who had the hlg vs hgl thread on another forum? If so what was the final results at the end? Thanks just curious..
Thanks. Yeah that was me. About halfway through I called the side by side off, because I messed around with the lights so much there was no way it could be viable at all.

Thanks. Yeah that was me. About halfway through I called the side by side off, because I messed around with the lights so much there was no way it could be viable at all.
Right on dude. Did the hgl boards produce anything special that wood justify spending that much for hgl boards? I no the hlg quantums are pretty dam good choice to go with especially if u go the diy route. I like how the hgl boards targeted certain spectrums but for them prices id never buy from them. Just curious if ur results was anything close to HGL'S big claims they made b4 the side by side contests started back then. Thanks for ur time bro.

Big Perm

Budtender
Right on dude. Did the hgl boards produce anything special that wood justify spending that much for hgl boards? I no the hlg quantums are pretty dam good choice to go with especially if u go the diy route. I like how the hgl boards targeted certain spectrums but for them prices id never buy from them. Just curious if ur results was anything close to HGL'S big claims they made b4 the side by side contests started back then. Thanks for ur time bro.
That side by side was with the old lights they sold before the current model. I didn't do a side by side with their current boards.
I do run a lot of different kinds of lighting, and diy stuff, too.
You asked earlier what light this is. This is the Amare Bar8 Solar-Spec C