Shantibaba's Black Widow: The Progressing Saga

Big Perm

Budtender
A buddy gifted me some of Shantibaba's Black Widow from Mr. Nice Seeds.
I got ten reg seeds from @socaljoe and he is also growing his out. Together we are pehno hunting, and have plans to continue this strain, as well as do some crosses of our own. I can't wait to grow these out and have some fun with them.

Big Perm

Budtender
Day 3 of 10/14 and it is evident that I am going to have Jumanji on my hands soon. So, I'm going to wait a bit longer to have a look at the males. Then I plan on taking two clones from the females and the male that remains and doing a 10/14 from clone run with one set of them, holding the other set back.
Since making that decision, I have started topping them to keep the taller phenos at an even canopy.
IMG_20200108_172642.jpgIMG_20200108_172633.jpgIMG_20200108_172623.jpg

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
When I grew black widow years ago...I grew them once and they got out of control...had to keep tying them down all through flower...they are beasts...like 60 days veg...the second time I grew them...Shanti told me to give them about 2 weeks of veg from seed pop and flip them 12/12...it was unreal...massive plants and buds.
I am from the school that I believe you must let a seed plant veg at least 55 days to become a mature plant before flowering.
That blew that one out of the water...
Now I did it with some pre 98 Kali Mist...it did not work out well??? Scraggly plants and a few herms...grew them again with a long 55-60 day veg...awesome plants.

You might want to flip them earlier then you were planning😁.

Big Perm

Budtender
When I grew black widow years ago...I grew them once and they got out of control...had to keep tying them down all through flower...they are beasts...like 60 days veg...the second time I grew them...Shanti told me to give them about 2 weeks of veg from seed pop and flip them 12/12...it was unreal...massive plants and buds.
I am from the school that I believe you must let a seed plant veg at least 55 days to become a mature plant before flowering.
That blew that one out of the water...
Now I did it with some pre 98 Kali Mist...it did not work out well??? Scraggly plants and a few herms...grew them again with a long 55-60 day veg...awesome plants.

You might want to flip them earlier then you were planning😁.
Awesome stuff.
I'm running them 10/14 from clone.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Here's a brief picture history of my 8 Black Widow plant

They started off fine, but due to neglect on my part they started looking not so great. I thought I had them back on track, but a few were still not happy. I took a close look and my determination was that I needed to bump up the calcium. I think they're truly back on track now.

The plan, as it stands right now, is to root a cutting of each plant and put them all into flower. The males will not be culled, instead I will allow all the clones to mature and flower. My goal is to run an open pollination to make seed stock for future pheno hunts. I will then take a second clone of each female and replace the seed plants in the veg tent. Eventually I'll do a flower run of only the females and see what I'm working with.

IMG_20191116_214028.jpgIMG_20191123_214736.jpg
IMG_20191130_212942.jpg
IMG_20191222_235822.jpgIMG_20191225_211112.jpgIMG_20191228_233853.jpgIMG_20200104_013226.jpgIMG_20200108_005952.jpgIMG_20200108_010000.jpg

Attachments

Big Perm

Budtender
The plan, as it stands right now, is to root a cutting of each plant and put them all into flower. The males will not be culled, instead I will allow all the clones to mature and flower. My goal is to run an open pollination to make seed stock for future pheno hunts. I will then take a second clone of each female and replace the seed plants in the veg tent. Eventually I'll do a flower run of only the females and see what I'm working with.
Gonna be Joe's Favorite Things down the road!
BW for you, and you, and you!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

Big Perm

Budtender
Interesting cloning technique. I’d love to hear about it, since I suck at cloning.
Thanks, I can tell you more about it over on my journal. I'll be taking more clones soon, so I'll show you step by step over there. Cloning is a little hard to learn ,but after you get it, you've got it and can clone all kinds of different ways with pretty good success. When I clone something that I can't take a risk of losing, I use this method.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thanks, I can tell you more about it over on my journal. I'll be taking more clones soon, so I'll show you step by step over there. Cloning is a little hard to learn ,but after you get it, you've got it and can clone all kinds of different ways with pretty good success. When I clone something that I can't take a risk of losing, I use this method.
I’ll be watching your journal then!

Opie1

Master Grower
Interesting cloning technique. I’d love to hear about it, since I suck at cloning.
Tag me too, I want to see that as well.