Samsung Power

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Wanna know a little secret about those photoboost strips. They are good. 30 bucks a pop. Or you can get 96 diode sunboards from Alibaba with legit lm301bs or lm561c diodes. For 11 bucks a pop. And the two strips of diodes are spaced far enough apart. You can buy 5 star leds from ebay. In cree xps 660nm for like 10 for bucks. Stick in the middle between the diode strips. And bam 10-15 dollar photoboost strip. On seperate channels. If you wanna run emmerson effect too.

Edit: you can get the star boards for like 10 for $10. And I wasnt meaning the photoboost strips are bad on any account other than his stock sucks. Bc hes not big enough to order 15k of them. He only buys 2-4k strips per order. I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. He told me he said a shipment setting in Pittsburgh, with 3,000 of them. And he has no idea when they are getting shipped to him. So I just made my own photoboost strips. And making them yourself, you can choose either 27k, 3k, 4k, or 5k. Then add the reds in.
It's hard to control the "addictive" part of DIY sometimes. I decided just save my money and put it towards other things that I need. My lighting system is redundant enough. I still want to try them. lol
Thanks, you talked me out of hitting the "send" button on the photo boost strips. lol

shimz

vapest
About those photo boost strips. Got the notice they were back in stock and .... too late, out of stock. Email said general availability after 4-10. These must be popular AF!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
@WhyteWidow I heard you speak of a friend that disassembled some leds and rebuilt them. Did he use the existing built in power supplies or did he repower them in a different way. Also I mentioned it elsewhere but is there a demarkation of some sort on the diodes specifying manufacturer or model? Another thought is the flouro tube led replacement bulbs, wouldn't they be a good cheap strip if rebuilt in some way?View attachment 775View attachment 776
They're $15 for a two pack of 4 ft tube replacements. How easy do you think it'd be, and would be worth the time? Since you've done so much such similar projects figured youd have a good answer? Lol. My skill level being a residential wiremans equivalent and a master contractor/remodeler.
Those are only 1800 lumen per stick. Super low. I imagine 4-8 of them would veg pretty good. I wouldnt try to flower with them. Unless you used a ton of them. The only way I believe to find out the actual diode would be with sphere testing.

Edit: he used his own driver. He just matched up voltages with multiple puck of them. My next like I build will be led pucks of 21 Samsung Lm301bs diodes with 7 660nm far red diodes. From a Germany company I found.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Sry 25 diodes of Lm301b they come in 2700k, 3000k, 3500k, 4000k, and 5000k. These are awesome. And decent priced too.

Each puck can take 3.08vdc and up to 5000mA. Two rows of 10. On a heatsink from usaheatsink.
Just over 15w per puck. 150w bars 300w total. Two heat sinks. Spread apart 8" with 36" long heat sinks. Pucks spaced evenly. With the 660nm stars in between the two bars of pucks.

Screenshot_20190316-220733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
Yeah man whenever. I only have one more to build. And I'm free. Gonna throw it together tomorrow after work.

Just let me what size area, veg, veg n flower, or just flower. I need to know if you want deep n far reds on a seperate channel if you run emmerson effect. I do. Plus I run them right along with the regular strips during lights on cycle as well.
Put me on the list.Yoy were mad busy with build when I first hit you up about it on the other site.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Alright so I ordered 30 of the pucks. Gonna build it, and then put it up for sale. Not sure how big ima make it. I'm thinkn maybe a little 775w multi-puck light, with deep reds and maybe some IR and or UVB light. If anyone is interested in it. And have a specific shape or size. If you let me know I can work building it that way. And then go from there.

Got 30 of these on the way.
Screenshot_20190316-220733_Samsung Internet.jpg

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Total Led noob here.
You've got my attention.
I've still got to read up on your led posts, but I would like to see myself building a cob or strip light later this year, that would be the equivalent to or better than the Gavita Pro 1650 LED.
I would like to eventually replace my 4000 watts of De HPS
Those are 646w total output. But you could use Samsung H inFlux_L09 strips. They have Lm301b diodes. The Gavitas are using Samsung and osram diodes. 8 bars total. Throw 9 H inFlux_L09 push 709w through em. Would be a monster

the governor

Really Active Member
Admin
These threads have been reopened and put back.
This user deleted a ton of content on his way out the door. He was also given the opportunity to cool off but insisted on carrying on with his nonsense.
Unfortunately this user thinks a post or thread is his personal property. These forums are for everyone and belong to everyone. Like the seed bank reviews. We are not going to delete threads because the original creator throws a tantrum and takes his ball home.
Now back to business as usual.