Samsung Power

Tman42

Insanely Active Member
Those lights look so nice, I wish I understood it more to feel comfortable building my own. I am definitely switching over to LED's from 3k w HPS in two tents. I think I have decided just to go with the HLG QB kits (or possibly the Alibaba knockoffs). Very nice though!

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
I just startin out with a cheap amazon with good garuntee, lol. Im noticing a lil diff on some of the in between plants splittin a tent with a 600w led and 400w HID. Sorry if stupid question, will it really matter even though I can tell the led affects the leaves diff than the hid. But the led seems to pull frost earlier and more of it. I don't know what Im talkin about. lol

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
I just startin out with a cheap amazon with good garuntee, lol. Im noticing a lil diff on some of the in between plants splittin a tent with a 600w led and 400w HID. Sorry if stupid question, will it really matter even though I can tell the led affects the leaves diff than the hid. But the led seems to pull frost earlier and more of it. I don't know what Im talkin about. lol
Leds do bring out more trich production imo. They will also use more magnesium. That will be the first def you'll come across.and most common.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Those lights look so nice, I wish I understood it more to feel comfortable building my own. I am definitely switching over to LED's from 3k w HPS in two tents. I think I have decided just to go with the HLG QB kits (or possibly the Alibaba knockoffs). Very nice though!
I can build you one. And theres been some interest in prefabbed light kits. So I'm designing 200w, 300w, 400w, 600w kits. To sell. And I'm doing fully built kits. Take it outta the box and plug it in. Several options, wireless control from your phone, extra circuit outlets for fans or whatever. Super thin design. 3 1/2" total thickness. So you get all the headroom possible. I like being able to see real time temp and humidity at all times.

Tman42

Insanely Active Member
I can build you one. And theres been some interest in prefabbed light kits. So I'm designing 200w, 300w, 400w, 600w kits. To sell. And I'm doing fully built kits. Take it outta the box and plug it in. Several options, wireless control from your phone, extra circuit outlets for fans or whatever. Super thin design. 3 1/2" total thickness. So you get all the headroom possible. I like being able to see real time temp and humidity at all times.
Dude I would love one of your lights with all of the bells and whistles you put into them. I know you were super busy so I figured I would start looking into the quantum boards but I would much rather have a custom built setup from you.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Dude I would love one of your lights with all of the bells and whistles you put into them. I know you were super busy so I figured I would start looking into the quantum boards but I would much rather have a custom built setup from you.
Yeah man whenever. I only have one more to build. And I'm free. Gonna throw it together tomorrow after work.

Just let me what size area, veg, veg n flower, or just flower. I need to know if you want deep n far reds on a seperate channel if you run emmerson effect. I do. Plus I run them right along with the regular strips during lights on cycle as well.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have been waiting on these light strips to come in for a couple months.
Check out the specs on this 96pc Samsung. higher bin 301B + 4 XPE 660's.
Operating Characteristics

MinTypMax
AMPERAGE700ma1400ma1900ma
VOLTAGE26 V27 V28 V
WATTAGE18.2 W37.8 W53.2 W
PHOTON EFFICACY2.95 µmols/j2.78 µmols/j2.53 µmols/j
OUTPUT53.69 µmols105.08 µmols134.59 µmols

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Leds do bring out more trich production imo. They will also use more magnesium. That will be the first def you'll come across.and most common.
Another thing, people have a tendency to put the lights too close and bleach the tops. I set it around 20" away, then let the plants grow and adapt to to light. It's a little different, environment changes. It's great when you get it right.
It all depends on the quality of your light spectrum, etc.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Ah, those. Now, if they were ever in stock!
He was waiting on these new higher bin diodes to be made.
I don't know how many he is getting. I'm sure it won't be enough for everyone on the waiting list. Whyte Widows strip builds are right there with these.
I'm still using my Vero 29 2700K-4000K and have the older LM561B boards. Think there's like 10% increase in the 301B's.
When you are getting these types of numbers, it's about the growers "skill" level at this point for the end result.

Last edited:

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Pacific Light Concepts
Photo Boost Strips
Been following and learning about Leds for about 3 years now from this guy and another DIY'er.
Wanna know a little secret about those photoboost strips. They are good. 30 bucks a pop. Or you can get 96 diode sunboards from Alibaba with legit lm301bs or lm561c diodes. For 11 bucks a pop. And the two strips of diodes are spaced far enough apart. You can buy 5 star leds from ebay. In cree xps 660nm for like 10 for bucks. Stick in the middle between the diode strips. And bam 10-15 dollar photoboost strip. On seperate channels. If you wanna run emmerson effect too.

Edit: you can get the star boards for like 10 for $10. And I wasnt meaning the photoboost strips are bad on any account other than his stock sucks. Bc hes not big enough to order 15k of them. He only buys 2-4k strips per order. I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. He told me he said a shipment setting in Pittsburgh, with 3,000 of them. And he has no idea when they are getting shipped to him. So I just made my own photoboost strips. And making them yourself, you can choose either 27k, 3k, 4k, or 5k. Then add the reds in.

shimz

vapest
Still bonin' for your red strips. I want to supplement my hlg, atreum, cobkits, and sammy strips. Cut me in homie.

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
Still bonin' for your red strips. I want to supplement my hlg, atreum, cobkits, and sammy strips. Cut me in homie.
I'll ask him when i see him this weekend if he will make some more? How many diodes? How long? Single row, two rows, or what? Give me dimension before saturday evening.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Wanna know a little secret about those photoboost strips. They are good. 30 bucks a pop. Or you can get 96 diode sunboards from Alibaba with legit lm301bs or lm561c diodes. For 11 bucks a pop. And the two strips of diodes are spaced far enough apart. You can buy 5 star leds from ebay. In cree xps 660nm for like 10 for bucks. Stick in the middle between the diode strips. And bam 10-15 dollar photoboost strip. On seperate channels. If you wanna run emmerson effect too.

Edit: you can get the star boards for like 10 for $10. And I wasnt meaning the photoboost strips are bad on any account other than his stock sucks. Bc hes not big enough to order 15k of them. He only buys 2-4k strips per order. I talked to him about 2 weeks ago. He told me he said a shipment setting in Pittsburgh, with 3,000 of them. And he has no idea when they are getting shipped to him. So I just made my own photoboost strips. And making them yourself, you can choose either 27k, 3k, 4k, or 5k. Then add the reds in.
That's why i was asking you about buying from you. I have about 50 stars XP E 660's ready to stick on boards now. I want the strips for "fillers". I can even mount them along side my Vero's on these bars.

shimz

vapest
I'll ask him when i see him this weekend if he will make some more? How many diodes? How long? Single row, two rows, or what? Give me dimension before saturday evening.
Thanks for the offer!

I have 2 lights with 4 hlg 288 v2 3000k, 1 with 32 q562 strips (22") 3000k, 1 with 10x cxm-22, all around 400W. I have 22"x22" existing hoods that these things hang off of. So, 10-15% red+far red? I'm not looking for anything fancy like Emerson effect, etc. Tell me what I need, I'll pay for your time!