Royal Gorilla & Peyote Forum have gone to flower.

I vegged Peyote(Seedsman) for 42 days and Gorilla(Royal Queen Seeds) for 35 and against my better judgement they will be sharing a 3' X 3' tent together. The way Gorilla stretches this might be hard to manage but after fitting 2 sativas into 1 scrog I think I can pull it off. I'ma let em grow for a week and see if I need to boost or lower one of them then scrogage.
RG D5F PF D1F.jpg
RG D5F PF D1F B.jpg

LoudCountryBAMF

I think it may be easier to manage scrog if you install net now.

There seems to be 2 camps in the scrog world: those that tuck from day 0 to day 21, and those that do more of a opening of the plant go for vertical growth. The latter usually end up using two nets while the former, one.

I personally tuck from day 0 to 21. My motto is "if it can be tucked under the screen, do it..."

I am definitely going to have to let Gorilla go vertical a bit or she will take over the whole scrog. The last time I grew her her damn colas turned into a bunch of Gorilla fingers and that was only under 200W of light(TS1000 and these 2 24W stick lights) and this time around she is going to be under a 315W TSW2000.
Gorilla Day Day 63 FL.jpg
I think I am going to take Gorilla off the 8 gal bucket and put her on a 5 and leave Peyote in an 8 gal with a booster collar so she can start out a little taller than gorilla and get them in a scrog real soon just to shape them Flower them for another week, HEAVY defol then 2nd scrog then another heavy defol around day 42 and a 3rd scrog lol. Oh and I wanted to ask you did Peyote Forum throw vertical growing fan leave all over the place when you grew her cuz I think my girl is already tripping and can't figure out where the damn light is lol.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Oi it never looks pretty when your plants 1st hit the scrog but they were both easy to work with and took it like champs. I got some work left to get them into the corners but once they go full blown stretch I am sure that won't be a problem. Great advice on getting them in a scrog ASAP LC.
View attachment 88950
I don't even bother with a scrog net anymore. I never really used them correctly, because I find harvest to be a total pain in the balls when the plants are weaved through the net, so I just went back to using stakes to support the heavier limbs.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
An interesting tidbit I have picked up on is that your plant is going to yield what it will yield based on the amount of veg time and the pot size. I have done side-by-sides with clones and seeds trying different pruning techniques, and the weight is usually in the same ballpark regardless of any pre-flower pruning. Less limbs and tops means a fatter return, but sometimes a little less weight.

I think that doing a scrog is more for people with plant counts or no beans or something that need to veg a long time, and it would be hard to manage unsupported. Then you are getting into the grow time vs yield discussion.

I don't even bother with a scrog net anymore. I never really used them correctly, because I find harvest to be a total pain in the balls when the plants are weaved through the net, so I just went back to using stakes to support the heavier limbs.
If I had the plant count some of our pollen chucking brethren have I would definitely abandon using a scrog and just stake em or yo yo em once they start stage diving cuz your totally right on it being a bit of a pain in the ass BUT. For me I love using a scrog(s) as it feels like a really cool weed puzzle and if you get it right you win a extra ounce or > come chop time. It also gives me the ability to keep them out of the light if I get a real stretchy girl.

An interesting tidbit I have picked up on is that your plant is going to yield what it will yield based on the amount of veg time and the pot size. I have done side-by-sides with clones and seeds trying different pruning techniques, and the weight is usually in the same ballpark regardless of any pre-flower pruning. Less limbs and tops means a fatter return, but sometimes a little less weight.

I think that doing a scrog is more for people with plant counts or no beans or something that need to veg a long time, and it would be hard to manage unsupported. Then you are getting into the grow time vs yield discussion.
You totally nailed in my case H.A.F. That and the fact I lollipop and defol pretty hard to keep air flow flowing & PM at bay, and to also try giving all the flower sites a good view of the my light.

LoudCountryBAMF

Cleaned em up a bit? Thats a pretty good haitcut :) forum will give an average stretch, so nothing too too crazy. I've got a royal gorilla seed as well, so let me know about that 1!

LoudCountryBAMF

I just find scrog beneficial for the even canopy. Ive done 1 2 3 4plant scrogs and they all come out good. Yes 4plant scrog was the hardest to trim, but i dunno....its really just whatever is best at the time....

Cleaned em up a bit? Thats a pretty good haitcut :) forum will give an average stretch, so nothing too too crazy. I've got a royal gorilla seed as well, so let me know about that 1!
Whenever you have some space most def pop that bean of RG you got because she absolutely grows like a honey badger(don't give a FUCK lol) and is strong and tasty... Sweet/sour lemmon with a hint of cacao powder/coffee on the exhale. I think my first attempt at a "pollen chuck" will be getting her preggers with Jawa Pie(if it turns out to be a Male) or I might go HAM and try reversing her with some CS I got off Amazon.
Royal Gorilla.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just find scrog beneficial for the even canopy. Ive done 1 2 3 4plant scrogs and they all come out good. Yes 4plant scrog was the hardest to trim, but i dunno....its really just whatever is best at the time....
I saw your current one, and it's nice work, but I asked about how old the plant was.

If you veg for 30 days, then flip, you are harvesting 4 times a year instead of 3 for a one tent grow. The extra month vegging to fill a scrog costs you a harvest per year, so your return on that one plant has to be spot on.
A 3x3 tent holds nine pots. I average 2-3zips per plant, but say 2 to be safe. That's 18oz every 3 months conservatively. 72oz/yr.
You would need to get 24oz per scrog to match that assuming three per year.

Now if you want to supercharge it, I have a rotation going. The plants are vegged elsewhere for 30 days.
They spend 8-10 weeks in the flower tent. Less than three months except for the oddball long sativa.

Oh, and if I have a plant issue I can cull - so kudos to the scroggers. Takes a steady hand to do it well.

Just stuff to think about,

LoudCountryBAMF

I saw your current one, and it's nice work, but I asked about how old the plant was.

If you veg for 30 days, then flip, you are harvesting 4 times a year instead of 3 for a one tent grow. The extra month vegging to fill a scrog costs you a harvest per year, so your return on that one plant has to be spot on.
A 3x3 tent holds nine pots. I average 2-3zips per plant, but say 2 to be safe. That's 18oz every 3 months conservatively. 72oz/yr.
You would need to get 24oz per scrog to match that assuming three per year.

Now if you want to supercharge it, I have a rotation going. The plants are vegged elsewhere for 30 days.
They spend 8-10 weeks in the flower tent. Less than three months except for the oddball long sativa.

Oh, and if I have a plant issue I can cull - so kudos to the scroggers. Takes a steady hand to do it well.

Just stuff to think about,
I'm a math guy! I'm listening! Lol. I definitely think i prolly veg to long.... blame it on running autos. 9 pots in a 3x3 with 2 zips each? Id be willing to try that lol.!

Tell you, or anybody listening, what, i have a 4x4 with 480w that i was gonna flip whatever i have vegged in there now, but im not super excited about it.
So we can start there.
I got 9 beans from meat man to try, and am open to trying something new. So, anyone interested in showing me how to max a 4x4? I run coco perlite drain to waste, but again, am willing to adjust.....

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm a math guy! I'm listening! Lol. I definitely think i prolly veg to long.... blame it on running autos. 9 pots in a 3x3 with 2 zips each? Id be willing to try that lol.!

Tell you, or anybody listening, what, i have a 4x4 with 480w that i was gonna flip whatever i have vegged in there now, but im not super excited about it.
So we can start there.
I got 9 beans from meat man to try, and am open to trying something new. So, anyone interested in showing me how to max a 4x4? I run coco perlite drain to waste, but again, am willing to adjust.....
I know nothing about coco or any of that jazz. But I usually top mine around the 3-week mark, then flip end of the 4th. Sometimes I go 5 weeks but after that it's a project I want bulk of.

Having a separate veg area is a great investment if you have the space. It also doesn't matter how long they take to veg if you have a separate place for it. There arer people using the fluorescent tubes and good ol' CFL's for that part. If it keeps them alive it works.

If I have one go longer in veg I might drop one less bean the next month.