Roadkill Skunk-

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just flipped 2 each
Bluperskunk from Riot (Giesel cross),
Skunk XXX from TH Seeds (Skunk#1 x Shiva Skunk x 82 Kentucky Skunk)
Polecat '91 - “Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x (“Chemdog91 x SSSC Skunk 1” x “Skelly Hashplant x SSSC Skunk 1”)
Dominion G - [CapitalG x Dominion Skunk]
The last two from Duke Diamond/Dominion that he recommends for finding the stinky.

I also have a few DeChempose from Covert, a Savage Headband by Dominion, Road Dog from Skunk VA, and a few others that seem to have the right building blocks to have that smell. For me I know the rank stuff seems to check all my boxes. I don't care that the Chemdog doesn't smell like a skunk. It's stinky and fucks me up good ;)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Neville started the Holland Seedbank and sent out catalogs in 1984 - for reference.
Identifying the seeds by strain name and there being a variety started at that point unless you were in a commune in Oregon or something.

I graduated high school in 1984... we smoked skunk before the catalog came out and there was a strain named "skunk".

Prior to that the same plants grown by the same dude might be "skunk" one harvest then "pine tree" the next because it was cured differently.
I found this explanation of the origin awhile back..

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I found this explanation of the origin awhile back..
"Skunk is simply a term for dank cannabis popular during the era."

I also don't buy any connection to Hells Angels and a weed strain, unless they were paying a particular grower for a particular strain. Look at your daily growing life and tell me how that fit's the biker lifestyle :unsure: :rolleyes: They were slingers, not growers.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

I also don't buy any connection to Hells Angels and a weed strain, unless they were paying a particular grower for a particular strain. Look at your daily growing life and tell me how that fit's the biker lifestyle :unsure: :rolleyes: They were slingers, not growers.
They have their own meth labs so I wouldn’t consider it a stretch for them to grow their own weed to sell. They just don’t publicly admit to any of it. A guy I grew up with got busted for a meth lab he had in his house and he was with the Hells Angels since he was young. His whole family has been with them and they also used to grow weed when I was in high school.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They have their own meth labs so I wouldn’t consider it a stretch for them to grow their own weed to sell. They just don’t publicly admit to any of it. A guy I grew up with got busted for a meth lab he had in his house and he was with the Hells Angels since he was young. His whole family has been with them and they also used to grow weed when I was in high school.
A meth run is an afternoon project, not a 4 month investment on one crop. "Sorry, can't go to Sturgis, I'm scrogging this weekend..."

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁

I could see them maybe funding a grow but that’s maybe about it 😝.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
A meth run is an afternoon project, not a 4 month investment on one crop. "Sorry, can't go to Sturgis, I'm scrogging this weekend..."
The family that I knew who grew it did it outdoors but I'm sure they have plenty of people who work for them that stay behind. A lot of people I grew up with somehow managed to join up with them and a lot of them are a mess from drug use. That guy I mentioned in my previous post was a close friend in junior high, and high school, and sold a lot of weed in high school. He actually saved up all the money he made from it and planned to use it to go to college...that was until he realized how much money he could make selling coke and meth and started to use his own product. He wound up in prison for a good length of time for the meth lab and died a couple of years ago in his mid 40s.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
Yeah - I'm not saying they weren't fond of weed. Probably gave the plant dude a key to the clubhouse and let him hang out. I just don't see the two very dissimilar lifestyles meshing for a biker group to grow their own brand of weed.
Your probably right. They either funded it or had a few fellas that grew for themselves and a couple buddies. IF they were growing it probably was for themselves. I reckon they had a pipeline of cheaper stuff to profit on. But wtf do I know I’m not one of those fuckers.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
The family that I knew who grew it did it outdoors but I'm sure they have plenty of people who work for them that stay behind. A lot of people I grew up with somehow managed to join up with them and a lot of them are a mess from drug use. That guy I mentioned in my previous post was a close friend in junior high, and high school, and sold a lot of weed in high school. He actually saved up all the money he made from it and planned to use it to go to college...that was until he realized how much money he could make selling coke and meth and started to use his own product. He wound up in prison for a good length of time for the meth lab and died a couple of years ago in his mid 40s.
Damn man. That’s usually how it goes. Wish some people could of seen the light before it was too late.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Damn man. That’s usually how it goes. Wish some people could of seen the light before it was too late.
It was really sad. He went from being a really nice and smart kid to a mess in just a few years. The really sad part was his obituary. All it said was when he was born, the date he died, and that he was survived by his grandmother. His mother died the year before him from drug use and his father was murdered when he was a kid during a drug deal that went bad.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
It was really sad. He went from being a really nice and smart kid to a mess in just a few years. The really sad part was his obituary. All it said was when he was born, the date he died, and that he was survived by his grandmother. His mother died the year before him from drug use and his father was murdered when he was a kid during a drug deal that went bad.
Yeah sad all around I’d say.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I grew up around skunks and we have skunk cabbage in our area creek bottoms I actually used skunk cabbage patches to hide the gorilla patches of skunk strain in the late 70s-93ish when the war on drugs funded cops to go around to area schools with bongs, pipes pot plants and asked young school kids if mommy & daddy had anything like this around your house! Good people lost their kids over that bullshit imagine the guilt those kids who were told they were helping... Never knew where the RK skunk designation originated I just assumed when you drive by a fresh road killed skunk that released its sack of spray and it made your eyes water & took your breath away never associated the name with rotting flesh. We hunt elk every fall during the rut a friend showed up to camp with a bottle of skunk "cover scent" sure it would help cover our human scent but no way in heck I was going to use it lol

MikeyDread

@H.A.F. I agree there is no HA "strain" but yes they had weed growing on lock, and skunk was one of them.

2 mins in google, a few keywords...

A thread on skunk - Posted by Med-Man in 2013

one of the lines actaully isnt bc, its montreal. the original nl#2 thai kush clone only.

so 2 canadian and 2 american lines to be exact

i here the og shoreline is an og nl#2. any comments?

med-man

also posted by med-man in 2013

i have been working with real skunks for some time now

i have 4 lines - 2 from bc, 2 from cali

i already released some, and had some tested. real old school ghani funk. not that stable yet. but the real road kill is there.

maybe i will drop some here the next batch i make

the hells angels in canada prob had the best skunk #1 the world has ever known. problem is everyone got busted growing it and it became a liability. really sux ass that it was that good, it was so bad lol no loss no gain

This is common knowledge in Canada, I don't know about HA in your neck of the woods, maybe a bunch of biker lifestyle red necks with toothpicks and beards... no up here.

And it's wasn't a brand or their strain.They just controlled it, big difference, So if you had Skunk weed in Canada, in the 90's best believe it came from the HA. This is not something I'm assuming, its facts.

Nope Hells Angels never grew weed ..... 4 min google search

2011 - https://www.okotokstoday.ca/local-news/okotoks-grow-op-has-links-to-hells-angels-1523378

2012 - https://thenelsondaily.com/news/nelson-police-department-and-rcmp-weigh-organized-crime-and-marijuana-our-region-22184

2013 - https://www.langleyadvancetimes.com/news/underground-grow-op-in-langley-tied-to-hells-angels-police-say/

2017 - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/marijuana-hells-angels-kelowna-nova-scotia-1.4392925

Also history of Skunk from Vice Mag even lays it out - https://www.vice.com/en/article/599nm8/the-story-of-skunk-the-drug-your-mum-warned-you-about

These gangs had ties to Chinese slave-labour factories, UK sex work rings and elaborate people trafficking networks. They had precedent, too, as in the 1990s they'd made the same moves in Vancouver, Canada, where they'd wrestled control of the cannabis market from the Hells Angels.
Ingeniously, the Vietnamese tended not to grow plants in rural areas like the Angels had done,
instead focusing on busy urban areas where the populations were more transient and less likely to care about what was going on around them. They also staggered their operations so they were always harvesting: if one house or flat was raided

....wrestled control of the cannabis market from the Hells Angels....grow plants in rural areas like the Angels had done

Hells Angels growing weed, wow...who would have thought.:giggle:

Last edited:

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Man, I have been hearing about this road kill skunk for 20+ years……musta really packed a punch……iv always wanted to grow a skunk….. I will one day when I find the Skunky a strain known to man I want my first skunk to be the best

JustanotherMc

I liken a "Hells Angel" strain to a "Seth Rogan" strain or a "Jim Belushi" strain. They were the face of it.
Actually quite well known in Canada that the Hells Angels do Infact grow some of the cannabis they sell, it's a huge club with thousands of members all with their own likes and desires - there's bound to be a few that enjoy growing cannabis.
I liken a "Hells Angel" strain to a "Seth Rogan" strain or a "Jim Belushi" strain. They were the face of it.
Saying the HA's didn't grow is like saying gravity doesn't exist.. you could argue it sure, but the proof of it is literally everywhere if you wanted to look for it.. aka use Google lol, it's a huge club with millions of members all with their own likes and desires, they're bound to have growers in there as well, and growing cannabis is more profitable than just moving the product.. (cut the grower out)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep hearing people say they have the skunk, are working with the skunk, have found the skunk in the back of a freezer that was there since back in the day... whatever.

I have NOT yet seen ANYONE on a podcast, youtube video, or judging a cannabis event that has said they smoked the skunk that someone says they found. Fuck stories the plant don't lie.