Rate the the last movie you watched!

Vee

Ancient Member
Doctor Sleep (y) (y)

Sequel to Stephen King's The Shining.

This move follows Danny some 30 years after the events of The Shining. Doctor Sleep peers into the lives of other people that can "shine," some good, some horribly evil. It's a really interesting concept, and in some ways has more in common with super hero and noir/detective movies than a horror flick.

Yeah I saw this and I'm gonna watch it again in a few months with part 1 'the Shining'
I agree the concept is great perhaps we could see some more tv extensions in movies later...?

Vee

Ancient Member
Martin is a fisherman without a boat, his brother Steven having re-purposed it as a tourist tripper.
With their childhood home now a get-away for London money,
Martin is displaced to the estate above the harbor
Art film, Black and White and developed with coffee and lemon juice!
I suspect the sound track was laid first as its so distant ...but cool
5mins. All shot on hand cranked 16mm Bolex

Value: its Art 9/10

Stoner Value: Chill a very relaxing movie to toke too test your Sativa's

Bait (2019 film) - Wikipedia

Vee

Ancient Member
A big cartoon, with much to say but little comes across, in the art style of "Archer"
without the sleeze or the sex(pity) Superman lands first in Russia during the cold war days
told thru the eyes of a cartoonist, muddled, Batman is 'Russian' here...lol
a thin story that could be told in 29 secs but stretched to 89 mins

please remember its not a commie joke ..until everyone gets it..lol

4/10 its OK stoner value High

Vee

Ancient Member
Recognize the face?..heavily typcast'ed Elisabeth Moss once again brings her misery,
from the 3 years worth of Handmaids Tale, so she can act the part, but would you?
This is an attempt to create a new type of horror one in which modern day feminist is abused by
her once perfect man, I knew I'd hate this as I did dislike Handmaids Tale,
so I took my girl for some insight,
Her comment was 'Strange that such a nerdy scientist would have such distracting anger"
she compared the bad guy to 'The Hulk' but yeah I get her meaning..
When Cecilia's abusive ex takes his own life and leaves her his fortune, she suspects his death was a hoax. As a series of coincidences turn lethal, Cecilia works to prove that she is being hunted by someone nobody can see
The real issue here and speaking from much experience once the women has left your life
generally its party time until the next girl comes along? and this works for girls gays even dogs too
I'm heartbroken after the comedy classic by Chevy Chase 1992, once again money back please

Score 3/10 stoner value= lowest ever

Vee

Ancient Member
An idyllic science fiction future has one major drawback: life must end at the age of thirty.
It's 2274, and on the surface, it all seems to be an idyllic society. Living in a city within an enclosed dome, there is little or no work for humans to perform, and inhabitants are free to pursue all of the pleasures of life. There is one catch however: your life is limited and when you reach thirty, it is terminated in a quasi-religious ceremony known as "carrousel". Some, known as "runners", try to escape their fate when the time comes, and it's the job of Sandmen to track them down and kill them. Logan (Michael York) is such a man, and with several years before his own termination date, thinks nothing of the job he does. Soon after meeting a young woman, Jessica-6 (Jenny Agutter), he is ordered to become a runner and infiltrate a community outside the dome known as "Sanctuary" and to destroy it. Pursued by his friend Francis (Richard Jordan), also a Sandman, Logan and Jessica find their way to the outside. There, they discover a beautiful, virtually uninhabited world.
1976 old stars making a comback
Ok, it's got a hoaky plot with lots of holes in it, special effects made from matchbox sets, some mediocre acting (Farrah Fawcett?!?) and dialogue, a big ole "this was made in the 70's" stamp all over it, and I think the editing, direction and sound track are lousy too. And yet somehow it all works. I love this movie! Maybe it's the campy cornball that gets me every time. I dunno. Yet by the end I feel uplifted and even touched. What a great scene with the timid girl touching Ustinov's beard at the end with Logan and Jessica in each other's arms looking on.

Score 8/10 Stoner value High more so for old tokers ..lol

ps the book is better as much has been cut

Vee

Ancient Member
The outsider was fantastic...spooky good.

The man at high castle (Amazon Prime 4 seasons) was fantastic.

Hunters was great

"I am wading through the garbage to find more like The Outsider.

Or Fargo (the TV series) Or True Detective.

I love a good binge with a jar full of prime grind and the volcano on the ready.
Just about to finish Kings Outsider but in Truth I find most the stories very similier
eg kid goes missing only to find some creepy implausable 'ghost' playing hanky panky
credit tho Christine of the 70's? was good

Vee

Ancient Member
Like a capitalist missile into the face of communism, this remake by Disney is Bizarre indeed

Everything is Chinese, the actors, the music, the speech(also in English)
but all the names in the credits are western, just like in that Southpark episode
When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the Imperial Army to defend the country from Northern invaders, Hua Mulan, the eldest daughter of an honored warrior, steps in to take the place of her ailing father. Masquerading as a man, Hua Jun, she is tested every step of the way and must harness her inner-strength and embrace her true potential. It is an epic journey that will transform her into an honored warrior and earn her the respect of a grateful nation...and a proud father.
"SHUT THE F*CK UP THOR” You may recall, co-operating with the Chinese censors?

stoner value: High (brill costumes and trippy bird life)