Rate the the last movie you watched!

Vee

Ancient Member
I live half a world away from NYC and I know theirs not 21 bridges in NY..
actually 17 bridges 4 tunnels and many secret 'access' tunnels this is indeed a tight tv type cop movie
that justifies NYC police corruption that they are so underpaid they have to 'deal' drugs to make a living
a simple story for simple minds, Johnson is well supported by a group of cliche' actors 'we' have seen in many many tv cop shows before and with all the typical cliche's from TV's 'law and order'

4/10 stoner value ...nah

JamesBond in the best Mexican accent ..and with the funniest knife murder ever
a comedy WhoDunIt, possibly the death of JamesBond too ..we wait to see
Cost $40mil to make an expected $300mil-typical these days with 60% spent on adverts/sales
Lionsgate announced in February 2020 that a sequel was in the works, with the film possibly becoming a franchise centered on Daniel Craig's character
Memento-Mori to u too...Knives Out (film) - Wikipedia

9/10 stoner value ...very hi

Typical Joaquin Phoenix firing on all clyinders here you expect a 'few' rants

such a strange Western as its originally French but in English
In 1850s Oregon, the infamous duo of assassins,
Eli and Charlie Sisters, chase a gold prospector and his unexpected ally.

8/10 stoner value OK much talking

I give Sisters a 7/10. I have not seen the others yet.

This movie just got stranger and stranger. Especially because there are 4 more MAJOR stars in this movie other than the 2 shown here.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
The last movie I watched was Parasite. Everyone in the theatre seemed to like it but I found it boring and was looking forward to it being over. Pacing is really slow. Having said that my family and I spent an hour and a half discussing it after so I guess it was better than I thought. One thumb up one thumb down.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Spenser Confidential with Mark Wahlberg. 4/10. Movies just keep getting worse. Worst part was the soundtrack, nothing matched up and it was because they were either Boston based in theme or name. Writing was cliche.

Reactions: Vee

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Doctor Sleep (y) (y)

Sequel to Stephen King's The Shining.

This move follows Danny some 30 years after the events of The Shining. Doctor Sleep peers into the lives of other people that can "shine," some good, some horribly evil. It's a really interesting concept, and in some ways has more in common with super hero and noir/detective movies than a horror flick.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
The last movie I watched was Parasite. Everyone in the theatre seemed to like it but I found it boring and was looking forward to it being over. Pacing is really slow. Having said that my family and I spent an hour and a half discussing it after so I guess it was better than I thought. One thumb up one thumb down.
Funny you say that. We were going to rent either Parasite or Doctor Sleep. And from everyone I've talked to, I'm glad we went with Doctor Sleep LOL

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Rambo: Last Blood was ok, exactly what you'd expect and the age old kidnap the daughter of the tough guy and game on....plot.

He would have been better off to hire John Wick. Wick kills more people in 5 minutes than died in all of Last Blood.

The steel pipe into the eyeball was great!

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
The outsider was fantastic...spooky good.

The man at high castle (Amazon Prime 4 seasons) was fantastic.

Hunters was great

"I am wading through the garbage to find more like The Outsider.

Or Fargo (the TV series) Or True Detective.

I love a good binge with a jar full of prime grind and the volcano on the ready.