Punishers perpetual project

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I don’t know what to make of my seed sprouting. Soaked 10, 9 sank, 8 had tails, 2.5 sprouted so far.
Heat mat 24/7
room temp 75°
temp under dome 85°
humidity under dome 90+%
light was off for day and a half after putting the seeds in plugs.
18/6 light schedule, it’s not real close or intense. (Especially though a foggy dome)

View attachment 36972
How wet are your plugs?

I've had issues sprouting seeds in rooting plugs in the past, I accidentally kept them too wet. The seeds would sprout, but the root would be stunted and they'd take a while and a lot of babying to recover.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
I was going to try just soil, but what I have has too many sticks and shit in it that I couldn’t grind up to my satisfaction. Couldn’t find any starter mix locally, it’s been snowing so no surprise there.
One suggestion, start your seeds in coco. Coco is great for seed starting. Then just move them to soil.

Edit: the little solo cups are great for that, or use the plug tray as a starting tray.

Also, you can sift your soil to get all the big shit out and keep the finer stuff. Just use a 1/4"-3/8" metal mesh.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
One suggestion, start your seeds in coco. Coco is great for seed starting. Then just move them to soil.

Edit: the little solo cups are great for that, or use the plug tray as a starting tray.

Also, you can sift your soil to get all the big shit out and keep the finer stuff. Just use a 1/4"-3/8" metal mesh.
I didn’t think of that. Alright, I’ll take the plugs out. I’ll be home next few days can keep an eye on them

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Friday’s update. Things aren’t looking too bad. On scrotum watch for a couple plants in the black dog tent.

This xb room is doing well. Day 40 of flip for them, they’re drinking and having a good old time.
View attachment 36964
I think I am more excited to try the 2 amnesia haze plants. Not as fat but as a Sativa dom I’m not surprise.
View attachment 36966View attachment 36968View attachment 36967
One of the prom date plants is kinda runty, just a bit shorter and behind it’s sister,
View attachment 36965
View attachment 36969View attachment 36970

The black dog room isn’t looking too bad, the 2 squat Dank Sinatra are in watch for pollen sacks, Larger one hasn’t gave me a reason to suspect it yet. Clones I grabbed up probably spent the week growing roots and not much above ground. Look overwatered because they are, haven’t watered since up potting them.

View attachment 36971
Nice work on the mainlining!

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Yes. She's a puppy still. 5 1/2 months old and almost 60lbs.
She's the new groundskeeper.
They’re cool dogs, congrats on the new companion. We had one when I was a little kid. Always wanted another, I’m kinda over having rotts that don’t live long and riddled with health problems. Last dogs lived to be 3, 6, 8, and 6 Years old. Got one that’s 4 now that needs $15k in leg surgery that’s not gonna happen.

I drive past a St. Bernard every day to and from work, he just hangs out under the same bush out in these people’s yard. He is a cool dude.

DustyDuke

They’re cool dogs, congrats on the new companion. We had one when I was a little kid. Always wanted another, I’m kinda over having rotts that don’t live long and riddled with health problems. Last dogs lived to be 3, 6, 8, and 6 Years old. Got one that’s 4 now that needs $15k in leg surgery that’s not gonna happen.

I drive past a St. Bernard every day to and from work, he just hangs out under the same bush out in these people’s yard. He is a cool dude.
Man that’s some bad luck with your dogs. I used to breed em, I’ve been blessed with at least 13 years with mine. I’m in the market for a bitch now 6 months of searching and I haven’t seen much that excites me. It’s like getting out of the weed game when everyone one has top genetics and coming back to bag seed been past off as top shelf wtf.

Edit: If all the parents, grandparents and great grandparents have not lived past 12 (unless it was a car or something that hit em)I don’t look any further. Some people get really annoyed at me when I say there not what I’m looking for. There like what are you looking for when I say stronger genetics they aren’t happy but I’m just been honest.

Last edited:

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Man that’s some bad luck with your dogs. I used to breed em, I’ve been blessed with at least 13 years with mine. I’m in the market for a bitch now 6 months of searching and I haven’t seen much that excites me. It’s like getting out of the weed game when everyone one has top genetics and coming back to bag seed been past off as top shelf wtf.

Edit: If all the parents, grandparents and great grandparents have not lived past 12 (unless it was a car or something that hit em)I don’t look any further. Some people get really annoyed at me when I say there not what I’m looking for. There like what are you looking for when I say stronger genetics they aren’t happy but I’m just been honest.
It certainly is. One of them that lived to be 6, her dad just died a few weeks ago at 14, her mom was 13. Both were 80lb dogs. Mine was 165lbs at her biggest. She just got gigantic for some reason. Leg problems and years on anti inflammatory shortened her life to 6 years.

The 8 year old dog had a tumor rupture inside her and basically drowned her from inside. The 3 year old had epilepsy and went into a seizure fit that she never came out of. The other 6 year old just never woke up one morning. Was a perfectly healthy dog.

If I “buy” another dog I’ll probably try to do some more research into their family.

Odd that I had Different health problems out of them, got 2 of them now that are 4ish. Ones a rescue. She’s kinda fat but good legs. The other has leg problems and is rather lean.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Cut another Dank Sinatra today, more pollen sacks. The other 2 are healthy and showing pistils so they should be keepers. They have some tight node spacing, though light intensity might be causing some of that.

Thing had a weird stem or root.

6AF1E485-A270-467E-90CC-D461A39E6B1D.jpeg

Looks like all I am going to get are 2 out of the BlueBerry biscuit testers. The other seeds the root turned brown and rotted off the seed. The 2 seedling that made it have little roots growing off the main one so they appear to be doing well.

Got some freebie testers from GLG soaking now. I’ll mix those in with the blueberry biscuit.

socaljoe

Cocaine Cowboy
Cut another Dank Sinatra today, more pollen sacks. The other 2 are healthy and showing pistils so they should be keepers. They have some tight node spacing, though light intensity might be causing some of that.

Thing had a weird stem or root.

View attachment 37135

Looks like all I am going to get are 2 out of the BlueBerry biscuit testers. The other seeds the root turned brown and rotted off the seed. The 2 seedling that made it have little roots growing off the main one so they appear to be doing well.

Got some freebie testers from GLG soaking now. I’ll mix those in with the blueberry biscuit.
Were those testers the ones in the plugs? If so, it definitely sounds like too wet. I've had that exact issue.