PTSD Political Pussies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Am I supposed to be offended by that? Because I honestly have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Last time I worked a minimum wage job was when I was 13 and worked at a convenience store stocking shelves.
Not at all unless you want to be. Was that the first gulf you were in? Not too many scuds flying around in 2.0. Though I can imagine a bit of stress, I was just distinguishing from people who have pts from cracking a bad egg one time to the people who have shellshock, or stress at every loud sound because for long periods of time they were under fire from mortars, pop shots etc. The wars are a bit different today but it is far from fun when the other side is actually shooting back. The emotions that would come with surviving ww2 in the Pacific or running off a boat in Normandy.... holy fuck. I wouldnt dare ever say anything to play down what those men went through.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Not at all unless you want to be. Was that the first gulf you were in? Not too many scuds flying around in 2.0. Though I can imagine a bit of stress, I was just distinguishing from people who have pts from cracking a bad egg one time to the people who have shellshock, or stress at every loud sound because for long periods of time they were under fire from mortars, pop shots etc. The wars are a bit different today but it is far from fun when the other side is actually shooting back. The emotions that would come with surviving ww2 in the Pacific or running off a boat in Normandy.... holy fuck. I wouldnt dare ever say anything to play down what those men went through.
I was there in 97. I actually had orders to be there when Khobar Towers got bombed, but a co-worker took my place because I was scheduled to be married while I would've been deployed, and my commander didn't want to force me to have to reschedule the wedding. He was taking a shit in the towers when it hit, but luckily wasn't harmed. I was on the next deployment out, though, and we still had SCUD warnings fairly frequently but never had one hit anywhere near the base. Those didn't bother me as much as being behind laundry and supply trucks that we attempting to bring bombs on base on a daily basis. I worked off base in the munitions storage area, so I had to go through the gate twice a day (sometimes more when we had to go get lunch or supplies). Ask any SF personnel that worked at "The Golden Gate" at Prince Sultan Air Base back in 97 and they will tell you that the locals tried getting bombs on base daily. And, whenever one was detected, nobody in the line of vehicles at the gate was permitted to move or to get out of their vehicle. Nothing makes your ass pucker like when you are directly behind a laundry truck and you see the bomb dog signal. I won't lie, I enjoyed it there more than I hated it, and nobody knows true comradery until they've spent months living in a shit hole desert in tents with a bunch of people. We also had AC in our tent, so we had it better than the Army soldiers who were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.