PREPARATION OF SILVER THIOSULFATE SOLUTION

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Yea

Yes, it is far better, and far more likely to work. Making the colloidal is easier though. I did it with a piece of 99.9% silver wire and 3, 9 volt batteries.
No need to keep the wire refrigerated or in the dark.
The feminization process is really sped up if you remember to spray just prior to flowering though.
These are all yhings that arent usually discussed!
I really wanna make some mac crosses. I love the Mac1!! Grom what ive heard the mac1 isnt easy to reverse and little pollen.... Probably not a beginner project

Opie1

Master Grower
These are all yhings that arent usually discussed!
I really wanna make some mac crosses. I love the Mac1!! Grom what ive heard the mac1 isnt easy to reverse and little pollen.... Probably not a beginner project
There’s one thing about the Mac1 that’s a huge plus, it always has big, stout, hefty limbs that won’t need support. It’d be great to have that carry over in a cross.

Deez. Nutz

You are right, some strains seem resistant to the feminization process.

Right now, my slurricane is slow to produce any pollen sacs.

I usually just hit a lower branch for pollen, and smoke the rest.
I'm sure if you were to dedicate a whole plant to be femmed, it would do so more quickly as the top buds mature faster.
I also don't spray it on, as I don't want overspray hitting my other plants.
I put the sts in a pump bottle for hand sanitizer so it doesn't actually "spray".
If you add a few drops of a surfactant it seems to help also. I use a product called tween.
Good luck

bobjones

Yea

Yes, it is far better, and far more likely to work. Making the colloidal is easier though. I did it with a piece of 99.9% silver wire and 3, 9 volt batteries.
No need to keep the wire refrigerated or in the dark.
The feminization process is really sped up if you remember to spray just prior to flowering though.
Cool, thanks for the response. I may try it next time, but I just got a gallon of 120ppm colloidal that should last me for a while diluted down to 30ppm. I was thrown off by the toxicity of STS, but will keep it in mind. Have a good one!