Popcorn Machine Advice

Elow

Hey All- I got this NL auto that has turned into what appears to be a popcorn machine. It is Day 50 8C7212AD-714E-421A-BC47-9A7EA56B9CD7.jpeg8235865C-2073-4F79-9BB0-43A7CC0049FB.jpeg11CA9292-4155-4F5C-80D7-87B0860E7331.jpegfrom seed on a 18/6 schedule. Nutes are FF3,CalMag,Terpinator, runoff PH is 6.7. Still no trichomes on budlets. Light is 200w at 100%. Will the buds fill out with trichomes or is space just too small?

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Its a 2x2 and just a single plant. Its a 250w light. Soil dries just about every day and they always look kind of droopy. Not sure what is going on.
What is the specific brand and model of the light? Some brands misrepresent the actual wattage the light pulls from the wall. If your light is actually pulling 250W from the wall then it could be too intense for the plants. With Samsung diodes you should only need about 140W - 150W for flowering in a 2x2.

Elow

What is the specific brand and model of the light? Some brands misrepresent the actual wattage the light pulls from the wall. If your light is actually pulling 250W from the wall then it could be too intense for the plants. With Samsung diodes you should only need about 140W - 150W for flowering in a 2x2.

Elow

Ya like TFC guessd its not a 250w light, its a 100w... So in a 2x2 your prolly a little under powered for the space.. Not sure why they are droopy like they are over waterd. If u say pot dries out daily..
Good luck maybe others can help better than i..✌
Thank you. Man, I cant win for losing on this grow! The only other thing I can think of for the droopyness is maybe the plant is rootbound. It is much larger than I had anticipated for an indoor auto. I am pretty new at this as homegrow only recently became legal in my state. Was just really trying for a quality couple of plant that would yield an ounce or two. Sigh.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Thank you. Man, I cant win for losing on this grow! The only other thing I can think of for the droopyness is maybe the plant is rootbound. It is much larger than I had anticipated for an indoor auto. I am pretty new at this as homegrow only recently became legal in my state. Was just really trying for a quality couple of plant that would yield an ounce or two. Sigh.
Ya that could be the issue too being rootbound.. What size grow bag is that?

I will say that ive never had any luck at all with auto ive tried.. There are sum autos out there today that look to be not that bad, but over 25yrs ago when i tried em they all sucked... Hopefully its not genetics for u too..?
But there is this auto called the NYMPHO thats like the holy grail of ganja.... Nothing compares to it.. U havnt got high til uve smoked the NYMPHO... Hands down, high times award winning genetics.....

(Disregard that whole last paragraph.. Complete bullshit! Theres a cat on here that spews pages of that bullshit on here , just search for it on here if u want to laugh yourself to death..) Smh
✌

Elow

Ya that could be the issue too being rootbound.. What size grow bag is that?

I will say that ive never had any luck at all with auto ive tried.. There are sum autos out there today that look to be not that bad, but over 25yrs ago when i tried em they all sucked... Hopefully its not genetics for u too..?
But there is this auto called the NYMPHO thats like the holy grail of ganja.... Nothing compares to it.. U havnt got high til uve smoked the NYMPHO... Hands down, high times award winning genetics.....

(Disregard that whole last paragraph.. Complete bullshit! Theres a cat on here that spews pages of that bullshit on here , just search for it on here if u want to laugh yourself to death..) Smh
✌
Hah! Yes grow bag is 3 gallon. Not much I can do if it is rootbound this late. If that is the case, I will try and push another 10 days.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
If you are pH’ing your feed/water you should stop.

That stuff builds up in the soil and causes all sorts of bad problems.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
How often are you watering and how much are you watering when you do? Same question for the nutrients…how often, how much are you mixing in, and how much are you giving the plant?

im thinking the pot isn’t as dry as you think and that you are overwatering them.

A lot of beginners think autos are for beginners but they are more difficult to deal with than photos and they are a lot more unforgiving when they have setbacks.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I personally think that the 'auto' part is what's the main culprit. Where did it come from? There are some out there that are not up to the quality of others, and since they're autos ther's nothing much you as a grower can do to fix it.

That said, in my opinion 100w of light might be too little for flowering a plant. That would contribute to the larf-iness.

If you are just growing for smoke for you it'll be fine. All the leaves are green to the tips and nothing bad going on, it's just gonna be a sad trim day. But once it's jarred the smoke should be fine. Make sure to let it ripen, or maybe overripen a little to get some good face-punch out of it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Hey All- I got this NL auto that has turned into what appears to be a popcorn machine. It is Day 50 from seed on a 18/6 schedule. ... Will the buds fill out with trichomes or is space just too small?
Just looking at the tops they seem normal like he said. Stop counting days :cool:
If you want a decent guess as to when it will be ready, after the first sprinkling of brown pistils it'll be 3-4 weeks.
Having gentler light will make it take longer to ripen.