Pondering some lighting options....I have them I am just pondering what to run

ChiefRunningPhist

Drunk on Knowledge
With the reflector hood they're using I think the biggest difference is the hot spot, or the difference in gradient from edge to middle, but the CMH has a much wider and more diverse SPD. I like that fat-ass SPD! Haha I think most CMH guys are old HPS farts that coverted over..

Gimmie that FAT SPD!! :)
Screenshot_2019-05-07-18-17-21.png

ChiefRunningPhist

Drunk on Knowledge
It is rough for me but i have to remember 1000 watts may not fill 60 square feet but...

I had a 4 x 4 tent a very short time ago. I ran 5 square foot tents even more recently.

1000 watts has the potential for 1000 to 1500 grams of personal.

Deep breaths...I do not have to fill the space wall to wall.

I do have a mars light and the stupid grow boxes i bought....These are not going to tarnish my grow.

But i am going to use the biggest one and the mars to start flowers. Like marigolds and shit. IT will probably save me 1 or 2 hundred a year. At least it cant fuck that up.
Ya I was going to comment with 60ft2 and <1,400w total (480 + 240 + 200 + 150 + 315 = 1,385w), that's only 23w/ft2 if using all of them. Most LED shoot for 30-40w/ft2. HID is more. But it seems like you're not guna be going "...from the windows! ... To the walls!" :) lmao!
to-the-window-to-the-wall-turtle.jpg

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am looking at a couple of chinese vendors to fill some gaps with 2700 boards or cobs... or 3k hortiblooms for 180 bucks. Hard to beat the simplicity lol.

But boards can fill a lot of gaps for light. Lets mix em all up !

The flower room is 60 square feet and i use about 15 for holding crap (reservoirs, the fan and scrubber etc they all reduce ceiling height).

45 square feet would take about 1500 to 2000 watts to light up like the sun. I have 1000 for now and as that fills the space I am going to supplement with something in the flower area.

Lets be real....the space will be used...I cant just leave it EmPtY !

But 1000 watts can get me 300 to 450 grams a month once it gets moving....lol...Even pressing rosin thats a lot of rosin. I can hardly wait.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Yeah, I don't think I could stomach the cost of either of those beasts to buy. I'd build me one, but that's just me. Lol. Check this one out a friend sent me a link to.
Bunch of other good light setup to go for as well with strips etc. Good prices too.
You can make that light for 2/3 or less than that costs. DIY QUANTUM BOARDS. Easy to do I did 2 of these each with 2 boards , each pulls 288 watts from the wall so that's 576 watts. Mine are awesome in 4x4.