Pondering some lighting options....I have them I am just pondering what to run

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have the following that are fixed lights.
480 watts of citi cobs in 3k (80cri)
200 watts of vero cobs in 3.5k (90cri)
315 CMH in 4.2 or 3.1K as needed
240 watts of samsung strips in 4k
150 watts of samsung board in 4k

For my veg tent i can adjust lights as needed. For the flower room I am covering the 6 x 10 area.

Should I use all the 3k everything?

Should I use 3k 4k 3k 4k in the room to offer a varied amount of colour index?

When in flower should i leave it in 4.2 or switch the CMH to 3.1?

What do you think?

I got my script and grow ticket. Fuck the man i can grow 25 inside now. I want to grow 8 with my gear and 2 in pots because I have veg time, and i like to adjust plants to my whim.

I dont need 25. I like to make the plants big and healthy because most people here can grow 4. Show them how to grow 4 as well as you can and more people will say shit i have to try that.

I wish everyone would grown their own. Fuck the OCS.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
My veg space are 2 tents. When house 1 sells i think i will replace one

20 x 36 x 62 inch tent QB135 adustable to 160
20 x 36 x 62 inch tent.....will replace for 3 x 3 for veg with the 240 4k

The rest all 3k 3.5k in the flower tent. I am in agreement.

And I can add more light but I have to remember.....this is all for personal...

Reign it.....in maybe..

Fuck that. I would love to have an oz of rosin...wtf is that. an oz of rosin.

Its like saying 5kg of hash. WTF does that mean when you buy an oz...Until you see it.

Woah...like keanu reaves.

Where I would add light is in 3k 2700k in the flower room. And I might build my own or talk to my awesome new chinese friends who would make anything i want and send it for like 5 bucks more than i could build it.

But my goal is to grow 1 pound inside...I got to 400 grams before.

The next one is to see 1 oz of rosin from the dulytech.

Do you have height ?

Spend a lot less and get a 315 CMH in 4200. I am using it at about a total height of 4 1/2 feet and its a monster

And i have the cheapest OG fixture ever made with a vertical bulb.

get the phillips master colour. I have never seen any growth like it.

I have COBs and LEd to flower it...
So you are saying that a 315 would be better than my 450 watts of hps in veg? I fill up the whole tent wall to wall. I can't see a 315 covering the whole area well. But then again I never ran one so I have no clue.

I can get a 315 LEC from my Hydro store. He's been telling me for 2 years now to do the 315 in veg and the 630 in flower. I think the 315 costs $299 and the 630 costs $599. I just don't believe a 315 can do a whole 4 x 4 and get good coverage on the sides...imo.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am saying in a 4 x 4 a 315 CMH in 4200 phillips master color is an absolute rockstar

I am using it over an open area with 1 foot tiles so i will have a better idea of coverage in about 2 weeks.

Then I can turn on my 4k shit that will blanket the rest. but a powerhouse vegger in 4 x 4 for sure

I am saying in a 4 x 4 a 315 CMH in 4200 phillips master color is an absolute rockstar

I am using it over an open area with 1 foot tiles so i will have a better idea of coverage in about 2 weeks.

Then I can turn on my 4k shit that will blanket the rest. but a powerhouse vegger in 4 x 4 for sure
I was always told that the 315 was great for a 3 x 3, but not so good in a 4 x 4. Even by 315 users. You are the first person to ever say that it works awesome in a 4 x 4. I think this will explain my confusion in this matter.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
For flower it is a perfect 3 x 3 imho. For veg it is a 4 x 4 for sure.

I almost got 1 lb from the 315 in 3k start to finish and it was the first time i was even close.

But that 4200 bulb really incites growth

For flower it is a perfect 3 x 3 imho. For veg it is a 4 x 4 for sure.

I almost got 1 lb from the 315 in 3k start to finish and it was the first time i was even close.

But that 4200 bulb really incites growth
ok bro, thx for help. I just got off the phone with my hydro store guy and he said that he has 2 different hoods with his 315's. A smaller hood @ $299 and a bigger hood (which he said would suit the 4 x 4) for $399.

He stated that the 630 lec is $649 but 2 months ago he told me $599 so he said he would honor the $599 price for that one. But it's a 2 bulb system. Dunno if I like that so much 👽

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I was always told that the 315 was great for a 3 x 3, but not so good in a 4 x 4. Even by 315 users. You are the first person to ever say that it works awesome in a 4 x 4. I think this will explain my confusion in this matter.

I have quite a few of them. They are very nice in a 3x3. In a reflective wall tent a 3.5x3.5 would still provide nice coverage. In a 4x4 your gonna have some areas lacking adequate light. I built 15 light fixtures because of this. More even spread of light.

Ya move the light up and get more spread but then the 315 loses lumens at canopy level and cannot penetrate that well.

It's a monster of a light much better than hps. In hydro in a tent you can easily hit 1 gram a watt without trying hard. Filling the canopy and proper ventilation your gonna hit over a pound .

The right yielding strain your gonna do even better.

I have quite a few of them. They are very nice in a 3x3. In a reflective wall tent a 3.5x3.5 would still provide nice coverage. In a 4x4 your gonna have some areas lacking adequate light. I built 15 light fixtures because of this. More even spread of light.

Ya move the light up and get more spread but then the 315 loses lumens at canopy level and cannot penetrate that well.

It's a monster of a light much better than hps. In hydro in a tent you can easily hit 1 gram a watt without trying hard. Filling the canopy and proper ventilation your gonna hit over a pound .

The right yielding strain your gonna do even better.
I don't want a light for flower. I'm good with my hps. I need a light for my 4 x 4 veg tent. The 315 doesn't cut it. It loses too much after the 3rd foot. I want full coverage all around for veg. I'm thinking strips or cobs for FULL tent coverage. I don't care if it's 300 watts or 500 watts. VEG VEG VEG lights :alien:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have decided what I will do. I am flowering with the cobs and the CMH in 3200

I will veg with the quantum stuff. IF i need more flower ability i will figure out how to make some 2700 cobs or strips to suplement my space.

Flower room has 1000 watts
Vegging with 350 watts in 2 tents. The 4k stuff can stay there.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
It is rough for me but i have to remember 1000 watts may not fill 60 square feet but...

I had a 4 x 4 tent a very short time ago. I ran 5 square foot tents even more recently.

1000 watts has the potential for 1000 to 1500 grams of personal.

Deep breaths...I do not have to fill the space wall to wall.

I do have a mars light and the stupid grow boxes i bought....These are not going to tarnish my grow.

But i am going to use the biggest one and the mars to start flowers. Like marigolds and shit. IT will probably save me 1 or 2 hundred a year. At least it cant fuck that up.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't want a light for flower. I'm good with my hps. I need a light for my 4 x 4 veg tent. The 315 doesn't cut it. It loses too much after the 3rd foot. I want full coverage all around for veg. I'm thinking strips or cobs for FULL tent coverage. I don't care if it's 300 watts or 500 watts. VEG VEG VEG lights :alien:

I would buy some LEDs then. Sounds like you made up your mind already. (y)

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
So you are saying that a 315 would be better than my 450 watts of hps in veg? I fill up the whole tent wall to wall. I can't see a 315 covering the whole area well. But then again I never ran one so I have no clue.

I can get a 315 LEC from my Hydro store. He's been telling me for 2 years now to do the 315 in veg and the 630 in flower. I think the 315 costs $299 and the 630 costs $599. I just don't believe a 315 can do a whole 4 x 4 and get good coverage on the sides...imo.
My old veg tent was a 4x4 , ran 315 most of the year and 600mh for maybe 4 months in winter.
Would a 315 be better than a 450hps in veg.. YES a fuck load better. It almost keeps up with a 600mh in veg and lights a 4x4 ample.

I don't doubt you guys but the numbers on the graph don't lie. The last foot has garbage numbers. The reason is because you have to lift it too high to get to the corners. These numbers kind of put me off to it. Says a 400 hps is better than the 315 in a 4 x 4.

http://www.gyostuff.com/uploads/Light_Emitting_Ceramic_light_test.pdf

The Sun System 315 vertical is $400 with the bigger hood. Supposedly covers more area. I guess I can try this out and if it works then I save $$.

But maybe there is another way. Isn't there a kit out there that lets you use a cmh with a regular hood? Wouldn't that be cheaper? Found this kit https://growershouse.com/prism-ceramic-science-315w-cmh-light-conversion-kit

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
I don't doubt you guys but the numbers on the graph don't lie. The last foot has garbage numbers. The reason is because you have to lift it too high to get to the corners. These numbers kind of put me off to it. Says a 400 hps is better than the 315 in a 4 x 4.

http://www.gyostuff.com/uploads/Light_Emitting_Ceramic_light_test.pdf

The Sun System 315 vertical is $400 with the bigger hood. Supposedly covers more area. I guess I can try this out and if it works then I save $$.

But maybe there is another way. Isn't there a kit out there that lets you use a cmh with a regular hood? Wouldn't that be cheaper? Found this kit https://growershouse.com/prism-ceramic-science-315w-cmh-light-conversion-kit
I just used typical dutch barn reflector and horizontal bulb orientation.
Most of the 315s ive seen are geared toward 3x3 and in those box like reflectors made to intensify light in that space.
With a standard reflector you get a better spread on the outer edges at the cost of less intensity at the core. But for a veg light I would happily take that over a more concentrated light spread on a smaller area.

Only thing I don't like is the price of a Philips bulb replacement. Which I need. Never lend your mate your gear while your not using it.. £92 bulb down the shitter. :(

Unfortunately we don't all have ninja finches to pick us up replacement bulbs :whistle: