Plethora of beans

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
The Malawi Gold are feminized from seedfair, supposedly they are bred by “ afropips?” I harvested one early and it is quite a racy high. It’s super thick in the air when smoked. Has a pine taste. They need to be vegged fir 7 weeks any less and they just kinda hang out and take their sweet time flowering. The early smoke report... it tastes piney but I think the final harvest will be abit different

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Bring on the strippers! I got the lights.
I moved all the Malawi Gold into the tent for a couple of days before harvest. It should be a nice haul. There are some slongs in the group.these were feminized and the breeder or bank said 10-12 weeks I took them to 10 weeks and 2 days
9F7EE735-EA3D-4221-91B5-F4D0C1F4D21A.jpegF6F61CE1-55A6-47BE-90D0-8BD71F0B0FFA.jpeg

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Really nice high, tastes like pine. Day time buzz, it doesn’t give me the shakes but I don’t get sleep. It helps me engage with people and family. I’m normally a recluse and loner but it helps me to participate in things I might rather pass on. The plants are BIG FEEDERS. They love the P&K and magnesium. Most of them had orange pistils but not supper frosty. Old school stuff
How did your Malawi turn out?

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Really nice high, tastes like pine. Day time buzz, it doesn’t give me the shakes but I don’t get sleep. It helps me engage with people and family. I’m normally a recluse and loner but it helps me to participate in things I might rather pass on. The plants are BIG FEEDERS. They love the P&K and magnesium. Most of them had orange pistils but not supper frosty. Old school stuff
I love that kinda buzz,

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
More landrace genetics, all regular seeds from The Real Seed Company. Rosali, Manipuri and Malawi Gold. They were all vegged for between 6-8 weeks and some of these are monsters in my eyes. The structure of these is unlike any other plants I’ve grown... I’m excited to see them flower out, They are coming out of week one of flower and I’m still sorting out the males. There are 2 maybe 3 that haven’t sexed yet. I grow in soil, 5-7 gallon plastic pots this time. No salt based nutrients, I use the same soil for years.
16E8A951-47DE-4CB5-98B0-681E446DC631.png

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Got some shenanigans going on in this one:love:!
Male and female Rosali from The Real Seed Company. There is a 2nd male in this breeding tent but it really hasn’t started throwing pollen sacs yet. It is a Manipuri..... weird ass plant.... when I flipped to flowering the male Manipuri immediately through a couple balls and the females immediately threw a couple of hairs. And then all of a sudden they just quit..... they are still growing and getting big but slow to form crowns
C22CB556-27ED-46A4-8B65-9A9E0B375465.jpeg
next pic is the 4x4. Manipuri, Malawi Gold and one small Rosali that sprouted really late. You can tell the Malawi from Manipuri because the Malawi have crowns on them. The Manipuri is a monster of a plant! Atleast in my garden under my tutelage. BIG AND LUSH. All organic and top dressed with insect frass, Dolomite lime, bat poop and Langbenite. All three strains or cultivars are big feeders. Almost all of these rain 5 to 7 gallon plastic pots. I shyed away this time from the fabric pots, I felt like it was hard for the water to hang out long enough to feed the plants especially in the core of the pot. As long as I don’t overwater at one setting I will be golden
E1B38A42-B4BB-4773-8CC0-852A084CB3B1.jpeg125F5B8B-A891-4F33-99B4-9BFE099CE458.jpeg

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
Beautiful grow man, I like your selection!
I just came across your thread, I'll be keeping an eye open for smoke reports.
Been wanting to grow some Malawi, very interested in how that turns out for you.
Where's the best place to source the Malawi seeds?
Real Seed Company
The Malawi are stacking really nicely. The Manipuri are the biggest plants I’ve ever grown. I could easily have filled the 4x4 tent with just 4 of those. The rasoli are tall and stacking also. The Manipuri are extremely slow to flower. I’m in week four and crowns haven’t developed yet on them

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I’ve read that the Manipuri is abit unstable and apparently takes atleast 15-16 weeks to flower. I’m in week 4 and they only have a couple of pistils. I’ve already culled 2 of them that kept throwing pollen sacks. This better be worth it

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I’ve read that the Manipuri is abit unstable and apparently takes atleast 15-16 weeks to flower. I’m in week 4 and they only have a couple of pistils. I’ve already culled 2 of them that kept throwing pollen sacks. This better be worth it
That's gonna be a beast when it eventually gets tops and they start stacking! Good luck! You gonna break them in half or do a scrog or something?

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
That's gonna be a beast when it eventually gets tops and they start stacking! Good luck! You gonna break them in half or do a scrog or something?
At this point I have no idea. From what I’ve read as of late, they keep growing vegetative wise until they develop crowns. I may be taking the tents down and firing up more lights, just using the whole room. Thx for the question. I don’t want to stress them because it sounds like they have a tendency to herm. I chopped 2 yesterday.... I don’t have time for herms! Especially at 16 week flowering intervals

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
At this point I have no idea. From what I’ve read as of late, they keep growing vegetative wise until they develop crowns. I may be taking the tents down and firing up more lights, just using the whole room. Thx for the question. I don’t want to stress them because it sounds like they have a tendency to herm. I chopped 2 yesterday.... I don’t have time for herms! Especially at 16 week flowering intervals
I have heard that some of those long strains you just need to "root-&-fruit" for inside, like flipping them right after the solo cup. If you have more beans it'd be worth a try.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I have heard that some of those long strains you just need to "root-&-fruit" for inside, like flipping them right after the solo cup. If you have more beans it'd be worth a try.
Well.... I heard on a podcast that the Malawi Gold wouldn’t flower until after 7 weeks of veg so I ended up taking the Manipuri to 9 weeks... and here I am lol with these monsters in a 4x4.

TigerTanks

Insanely Active Member
I have one that is growing like ground cover. I didn’t manifold it.... it grew straight out along the ground. WEIRD as hell