Platinum Lemon Cherry Gelato Contest Shit Talk & Banter

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
IMHO the last time you had a tentative start date there was a handfull of alibi's from USPS being dickweeds. No one is dropping them until you mail them. Last time people dropped early as soon as the mail arrived. And it ended un not mattering at all. I think setting an end date would be best, and leave it at that.
Yeah, I think setting an end date that gives people who receive their seeds late time to get those nice pics in time would benefit everybody. I was one of the people in the last contest who received their seeds super late (H actually had to send me another pack). I think I received the first seeds he sent me like a month or two after he sent them :ROFLMAO:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yeah, I think setting an end date that gives people who receive their seeds late time to get those nice pics in time would benefit everybody. I was one of the people in the last contest who received their seeds super late (H actually had to send me another pack). I think I received the first seeds he sent me like a month or two after he sent them :ROFLMAO:
It also give people a little leeway if they need to drop a little later due to current crops or whatever.
So we're vegging last half of November then flipping mid to late-December, with everyone getting a good 4-week veg and not having to flip early if they dropped late.

So lets say the flip date is late BY New years since everyone will remember? Flipping at 4 weeks if it happens before new years wouldn't matter a bit. Taking pictures before a set date wouldn't matter either - you get to submit one pic.

That means a picture at week 8 of flower the latest should be at the end of February?

Not sure if that measures up to what everyone else was thinking and my point was not to set dates. If the above were true then the only real rule would need to be "submit a pic (with whatever rules apply to the picture) by February 29th"

Or whatever date is chosen. I think too many rules that don't really matter to the contest just make people get disqualified for stupid shit. We grow the plants, we take a picture, game over.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I say that because there's no smoke-off, or weigh-off or any other thing but showing a picture of a flower. If the mail screws up and someone drops a week later it won't matter since all they need is a frosty pic.
It's impossible to so.anything else. Weight? Smoke and terps would be hard to do. I'm gonna start mailing seeds this week. Everyone should have there seeds by next Friday. Nothing we can do about seeds that get lost 2 weeks in the mail. Anyone who doesn't get there seeds can possibly get an extension on deadline dates if it looks like they are contenders. They might fuk em up in the first 1 week or get spider mites half way in.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It's impossible to so.anything else. Weight? Smoke and terps would be hard to do. I'm gonna start mailing seeds this week. Everyone should have there seeds by next Friday. Nothing we can do about seeds that get lost 2 weeks in the mail. Anyone who doesn't get there seeds can possibly get an extension on deadline dates if it looks like they are contenders. They might fuk em up in the first 1 week or get spider mites half way in.
Yeah, that's what I mean. When there were rules about pics of seeds in water on "X" date all it did was fill up the thread with people that couldn't for some reason. And ones saying "Ooops, I dropped mine early, is that OK?" 😂

I just think it's too much worrying about shit that really doesn't matter in the end. Whatever the date is to submit a pic by, do it. Here's your seeds, and show me a pic of them every week as they grow. Much more than that is just shit for you to have to worry about.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Yeah, that's what I mean. When there were rules about pics of seeds in water on "X" date all it did was fill up the thread with people that couldn't for some reason. And ones saying "Ooops, I dropped mine early, is that OK?" 😂

I just think it's too much worrying about shit that really doesn't matter in the end. Whatever the date is to submit a pic by, do it. Here's your seeds, and show me a pic of them every week as they grow. Much more than that is just shit for you to have to worry about.
Yeah people can start dropping them.as soon as they show up. The final date to submit pics will selected by me in the next couple days.

Heisen quote back on October 23td “Yeah the zero gravity 23 was found by microbebros. Clearwater made the seeds crossing shauncrons zero gravity oreoz x gmo back to oreoz. Microbe hunted through a few hundred plants”
Yeah but the original zero gravity had nothing to do with any hype strains. It was an old school Afghan cross. No GMO or Oreoz they hadn't came from their bag seed yet.lol . All the good names are gone!

I'm gonna cross the original ZG to a few also in the future.
SICK! I'll stay turned for those! We gotta work that old school back in if we want to truly preserve the terps. A lot of the hypes strains are beautiful plants but they lack that strong taste like they smell terps. And they only get me high for ten minutes. That maybe my consumption problem... I have some hash plant crosses that these kids think is some new shit. And I'm like your mom and dad were blazing this the night you were made you little shit! Lol

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
SICK! I'll stay turned for those! We gotta work that old school back in if we want to truly preserve the terps. A lot of the hypes strains are beautiful plants but they lack that strong taste like they smell terps. And they only get me high for ten minutes. That maybe my consumption problem... I have some hash plant crosses that these kids think is some new shit. And I'm like your mom and dad were blazing this the night you were made you little shit! Lol
most likely!;)

D

Deleted member 60

It was a tough call here but without the Old school Afghani in the ZG I had to go for something that >might< offer some fruity terps. When I told the wife it might smell like a shop rag she tilted her head...cus all the Deisel/Gas/etc strains/combos give her an instant allergic reaction. LOFL.

I set the Chinese Ikea tent up today. Those instructions were nil. LOL. mDamn I miss a real grow room. Could we even grow weed without China/their cheap shit?

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
It was a tough call here but without the Old school Afghani in the ZG I had to go for something that >might< offer some fruity terps. When I told the wife it might smell like a shop rag she tilted her head...cus all the Deisel/Gas/etc strains/combos give her an instant allergic reaction. LOFL.

I set the Chinese Ikea tent up today. Those instructions were nil. LOL. mDamn I miss a real grow room. Could we even grow weed without China/their cheap shit?
I get as confused as you on the strain names. Lol
Heisen could toss me some floor beans and I wouldn't know the difference.
What I can and will do, redundantly, is grow the hell out of them,
in turn, it keeps amplifying his reputation for producing the highest quality seeds.
I don't care so much about winning,
the "participation seed" is award enough for me.

D

Deleted member 60

I meant no slam on Heisen/these offerings. I just see the term "old school" becoming like "Classic Rock". Basically...the older it all gets...the newer it all gets. We are old. They aren't. Whatever. Their turn is fast comin'...LOL.

I have no illusions about winning. I'm rusty as fuck indoors. I have to set up a completely new space...which is never optimal...LOL. I'm still trying to decide whether I can run old school lights on these newfangled strains...Heehee or if they won't grow at all. Snicker....

For me it's about running some new strains I bought...and these...to see what might be stable enough...'er...a...have the terps I want to include in the outside garden next year.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I been fukin around with hydro again. Shit is so easy I almost forgot how easy it was. Been doing a top down ebb system that's blasting. Blowing my dirt plants away minus the fukin fungus knats.
I have all the packaging shit done and will start sending seeds out in the next couple days. 20231101_081449.jpg

I even set up a rdwc system I built with orp controllers dosing and all this bullshit to play with. Doing a huge pheno hunt also lots of bullshit in the works

20231030_162300.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Fuk sakes, seeds are cracking

20231030_160314.jpg

Wonder how many of these gonna be floating around and come back in a few years haha people gonna be like yo these are the OG heisen seeds when he got back in the game and stopped slingin all that bushit purple punch haha
I have some way better labels getting made but there 3 weeks out on making them so these will have to.work

20231101_230225.jpg