Plastic in my bud. Anything I can Do with it?

Now1more

Super Active Member
I tried to rinse it in a 5 gallon bucket. Maybe a couple pieces came off. Even used the bathroom faucet. About the same result. The bud is just too damn sticky!

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
Sorry to hear about your plastic covered weed. I got lucky.

Harvested the last of the weed I had in a little greenhouse about 2 weeks ago.
Yesterdays' high winds and cold temps destroyed my OLD plastic too, covered my cabbage, some kale and carrot boxes which went in after the weed was harvested. At least veggies will rinse off.

Consider finding an obsessive compulsive out of weed, stoner friend. Sit them down with two tools and check on them every couple days. I wouldn't smoke it unless it was free of plastic.

1604416109517.png 1604416135280.png

Someone I believe on Instagram had mentioned spraying the inside of those cheaper greenhouses with flex seal spray. Stops the plastic from flaking and breaking off...not sure how much flex seal you’d need or if it even really works. Might give it a try next season.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Not even going to use a greenhouse next season. I went through 3 so far and to be honest, everything outside of the greenhouse did better. I'll plant more corn as a screen next year. My neighbor didn't even realize that I had anything outside of the greenhouse. So, corn camo it is!

Now1more

Super Active Member
20201102_101601.jpg
These are those nasty little MFers. They break up and become even smaller! So, I have a head stash now, but about 3 1/2 pounds I can't sell.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
View attachment 77119
These are those nasty little MFers. They break up and become even smaller! So, I have a head stash now, but about 3 1/2 pounds I can't sell.
Damn! Hate to hear that. That is a good bit. What about some form of "static electric" like rubbing a balloon and creating static and then running it over. Problem is the weed is too sticky to let go of the plastic. Have you tried freezing the flower and dropping some in ice cold water and a small amount of ice. Stir and maybe the glands will let go. It's worth a try. I use a stainless steel soup pot and stainless spatula. This is about your only option I think. Give it a try and see. The glands will fall to the bottom and hopefully the plastic will stay high in the water and pour the top off like a waterfall. Use a headlight so you can look into the water good also. Use a clear glass pitcher if nothing else.
Good luck.

Now1more

Super Active Member
I have several pounds. So, tossing it still sucks, but it's not the end of the world. Hash is always an option.

Now1more

Super Active Member
I'm taking a break. Almost a month of trimming and jarring. I have taken maybe 3 days in between. Not going to worry. I'll put on reserve and try a few of the recommendations. For now, just glad to have a breather.

I donate a lot to people. So, I could just give a little forewarning. If you grind, pick it out. But, I can't sell it.

Thomasbruh

Ditchweed grower
I’d just bubble hash wash it and toss the bigger sediment shit away and squish it. Best bang for your buck at that point. Especially if it’s a new harvest. Can get some really good color out of it since it’s fresh.

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Thomasbruh You're correct. I smoke it. I drink out of plastic bottles too. Lol. I picked some clean for my stash. The rest I'll process later. For the time being, I've been giving it out. Everyone gets the forewarning. But, I haven't sold any. It's too good not to enjoy.