Plastic in my bud. Anything I can Do with it?

Now1more

Super Active Member
I hate to throw all this smoke out. So, here's the deal. I had several plants in a cheap greenhouse (one of those green covers that look like cross hatch or fishnet), that dry rotted. This is the second season in this particular greenhouse... get what you pay for! Anyway, it must have dry rotted and we had a huge wind storm, close to 60 mph gusts, that blew what looks like tiny panes of plastic all over the bud.

Now, I don't process and make anything other oil occasionally. I grow bud, I smoke bud. No edibles, no tinctures, no rosin, no nothing. Is there anything I can do with this besides toss it in my burn pile?

The bud was way too sticky to get it all out. I tried to shake it off as soon as cutting, washing it, picking through once dried, but it's there!

Burn pile??? Suggestions...

Now1more

Super Active Member
Btw, I have access to a rosin press, bubble bag, or a 120 micron sifter. I'm willing to try something new if it means not throwing out a few pounds. Thanks

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Bubble hash is a lot of work. I'd do dry-sift. You can see the progress as you go much easier to see if it's worth it.

The thing about the dry-sift is you can just use a window screen, or a kitchen strainer, or whatever. At some point after that you can refine the keif running it through assorted meshes. But the initial collection would be easier.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Bubble hash is a lot of work. I'd do dry-sift. You can see the progress as you go much easier to see if it's worth it.

The thing about the dry-sift is you can just use a window screen, or a kitchen strainer, or whatever. At some point after that you can refine the keif running it through assorted meshes. But the initial collection would be easier.
Wouldn't the plastic float to the top of the water making bubble hash?
I'd try styicking it in freezer then screen it, then bubble hash it.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Thanks for everyone's input. I have about 4 pounds to process. Winter project? Lol. Maybe they'll go in the burn pile after all. @NoWaistedSpace you're correct. Plastic is everywhere. I'm thinking George Carlin was right, the Earth wants plastic and then does away with us.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
@NoWaistedSpace
It really wouldn't matter about the floating, since it would still be in the bubble bags.
That is just a lot of ice and a lot of work for a massive harvest.
If you are dry-sifting, you can say 'fuck it' at any point and there's no gear to store :ROFLMAO: - and you were tossing the weed anyway.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
I got that poofy dandelion white feather like shit you blow off when u make a wish all over one of my plants. I think I’m just gonna smoke it. View attachment 76969View attachment 76970
That’s the spirit Kev . If you grow outdoors we all would’ve smoked bird shit and insects before and not even known it . ........then someone came up with Bud rinsing . I’ll stick to smoking a little bird shit 👍🤦‍♂️