Pitchin' the tent, payin' the rent...

• Thread starter Deleted member 60
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60

I'm torn on that @Opie1. My first thought...due to the fact I don't really have a good indoor space set up for perpetual/etc....was to just run a few and see how consistent they are. If it's all I hope it'll be...and all of the seeds on this pop offer worthy plantings...I'll do a couple seeds in the Summer garden and may think about taking clones from those.

It's kinda my approach on this grow overall. Plant a few of each new strain and see if a few random seeds offer any keeper type plants...and make up the Summer garden list from there. Still a crap shoot...but hey...who knows? I'm about due for a real show stopper.... (he's said for about 25 years now...LOL)

D

Deleted member 60

I could shoot you a couple of these Chernie seeds if you wanted @Opie1 . You've definitely hooked me up before...those Sangria Cookies were nice stuff. Still have a seed or two. (and a pack of Apple Fritter. Are those regs?)

Otherwise...yeah....next Summer may be the Summer of Clone....LOL. I'm hopeful that between the seed that is showing up tomorrow and some of what Heisen has going on (same shelf/level) will be incredibly nice/something to possibly do a bit of playing with/take forward so I can end the hunt for keepers and stop buying seeds. (lol...right...you fuckin old, addicted seed buyer)

Hopefully the send will come in unmolested by Customs. That would not only suck on the seed front...but like others in small, rural towns...it would completely blow my cover big time cus the PO folks know us/where we live/etc... But it is what it is...huh?

Opie1

Master Grower
I could shoot you a couple of these Chernie seeds if you wanted @Opie1 . You've definitely hooked me up before...those Sangria Cookies were nice stuff. Still have a seed or two. (and a pack of Apple Fritter. Are those regs?)

Otherwise...yeah....next Summer may be the Summer of Clone....LOL. I'm hopeful that between the seed that is showing up tomorrow and some of what Heisen has going on (same shelf/level) will be incredibly nice/something to possibly do a bit of playing with/take forward so I can end the hunt for keepers and stop buying seeds. (lol...right...you fuckin old, addicted seed buyer)

Hopefully the send will come in unmolested by Customs. That would not only suck on the seed front...but like others in small, rural towns...it would completely blow my cover big time cus the PO folks know us/where we live/etc... But it is what it is...huh?
The AF’s are regs. I may hit you up after winter blows through, it’s really not the best time for me when it comes to starting from a bean. I appreciate it.
If you want to start back with clones, I’ve got a few nice cuts, just hit me up when you’re ready.

D

Deleted member 60

That offer is much appreciated @Opie1. I'm thinking about adding another tent into the mix for seeds/clones and general fucking around. I just need to find one of those guys on CL or Marketplace who is done and wants to give away free shit...like a tent...LOL. There's an ad on CL right now where someone is selling a myriad of big, Magnum XXXL reflectors, lamps, ballasts, trays, nutes.etc....aka..."a complete aeroponics system" all for $100. They'd probably give it away if someone asked. Ah....dreams and fantasies...someone crashed hard. Gotta find a TentBoy who is in the same position...

Famous last words..."OK...I think I have all the seeds/flavors I wanted...I'm done buying seeds". Bought the Chimera/X crosses on Strainly on a whim...and on the rec of @Zaphod420 ....I just hit the button on the T.H. Seeds "Melonsicle". Haven't grown out anything from them in 25 years.

Hopefully winning the contest and every pack H is making currently will further kill the seed Jones...LOL....OK...just kidding. Still gonna be fun even if (when) I don't win. I haven't won a contest since I was a little kid on the local afternoon TV show where I won a Slinky and a Frisbee and put all of the other kids to shame....and on TV no less. LOL. Take that, bitches...

That offer is much appreciated @Opie1 and on the rec of @Zaphod420 ....I just hit the button on the T.H. Seeds "Melonsicle". Haven't grown out anything from them in 25 years.
Morn Sticky, it was @MisterKister who suggested TH Melon SLAP sickle and not I. I'm guessing cuz weed maybe a reason your brain farted but I just remembered your old too. 👴😂 I can't look at Craigslist anymore as there are redicoulous deals to be had all over OK.

D

Deleted member 60

@Zaphod420 ....If I can keep shit straight I know I'm not grabbing the right chunks of hash to burn. Truth be told..it took all of us old guys a lot of cash and drugs to get this dense and jaded. If you kids step things up now...you can play when yer old too. Just know that if all you do is smoke...yer lungs will shit the bed before you ever get there...Heehee... @MisterKister will fully understand. Collateral damage rules. I mean...we have/wear concert t-shirts older than some of yaz...LOL.

CL here has fallen off since the Green Rush of MMJ and the throngs of folks who came here...then left...trying to dump equipment before they did. Now it's more the stuff that got deposited in the parent's garage that they wanna rid themselves of...or the cats who bought the huge banks of LED's and Gorilla tents cus they thought they wuz gonna have money to burn....and now want about 75% of retail to try to cover their fuk up....

D

Deleted member 60

i didn't know there was a pink/purple pheno!
Any of you olde fuckes remember the pink pheno of Reeferman's "King's Cross"? That was some old school, head stomper indica bud, for sure.

3 pounds per light on the Melonsicle @MisterKister ? Wow. Bigly! Should be a fun one to run outdoors if it chunks and gets all purty. Did you make the PP/Melon cross/run it? If so...what did you get for terps?

D

Deleted member 60

Hydro kills on yields, for sure. I miss those growth rates/etc. However...I don't miss when it all shits the fuckin' bed.

5 of 6 in the cups on the new seeds...in 48 hours...and the other will make into the cup later tonight. She's cracked and tailin'...I'm just lettin' her relax by the woodstove a bit longer in the Bioset. I even planted 'em all crooked/upside down this time @treefarmercharlie . o_O If they die it's on you, fucker:ROFLMAO:

Melonsicle seeds are enroute. Doubtin' TH Seeds drops any extras of those in their packs. There were 2 freebies though...but I never put much stock in getting ONE seed (of each) as a freebie. I'll have to see what you think of the Pisthash @MisterKister . French Macaroon is the other. LOL...the names... the names.

I put the seedlings under the LED today because I wanted to give em a change from the 6000K MH. Still a bit cool down there before I built a fire...(49F this afternoon) but in the tent with the 18/6 light cycle and lights off from 4pm-10pm....everything stays warm. Once I fire all of the lights up things will warm up a bit.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Hydro kills on yields, for sure. I miss those growth rates/etc. However...I don't miss when it all shits the fuckin' bed.

5 of 6 in the cups on the new seeds...in 48 hours...and the other will make into the cup later tonight. She's cracked and tailin'...I'm just lettin' her relax by the woodstove a bit longer in the Bioset. I even planted 'em all crooked/upside down this time @treefarmercharlie . o_O If they die it's on you, fucker:ROFLMAO:

Melonsicle seeds are enroute. Doubtin' TH Seeds drops any extras of those in their packs. There were 2 freebies though...but I never put much stock in getting ONE seed (of each) as a freebie. I'll have to see what you think of the Pisthash @MisterKister . French Macaroon is the other. LOL...the names... the names.

I put the seedlings under the LED today because I wanted to give em a change from the 6000K MH. Still a bit cool down there before I built a fire...(49F this afternoon) but in the tent with the 18/6 light cycle and lights off from 4pm-10pm....everything stays warm. Once I fire all of the lights up things will warm up a bit.
lights on it's at 74 degrees

D

Deleted member 2835

Pisthash is a really good strain. This is my second run of it. Easy to grow and a creamy pistachio taste. Makes you want more and more of it...lol

D

Deleted member 60

Nice. Thanks for the take @MisterKister . ONE seed for a freebie makes it tough though. I guess I gotta get back into cloning and the mindset I had for decades of "this could be the one...I gotta take cuts..." LOFL. Then...before you know it...you have 200 plants! That was the 90's here. Always too many...and I never kill plants... so it can get interesting...especially back in the day when I was always taking cocktails down to the grow...LOL. 200 clones? Sounded good at the time! Looks like I better partition off another room and run some new 20 amp circuits. Ah...it's good the be sober.

But yeah....one seed. we'll see! My personal preference is to add a few seeds to what you bought into the mix...but I get that they are trying to intro ya to new strains and sell more seeds. I almost bough the Watermelon Ultra cus they were dropping 2 extras + the freebies in that deal...but I grew the MK in the day....and while it was stellar...I'm trying to focus more on the fruity side of things. I never seem to tap that side of the strain when it's a combo. Like this year....Mai Tai x GMO. Had 5 or 6 of em.....all smelled like fuckin GMO. No fruit. GMO is good...but damn I'm as tired of Chems/Dawgs/etc. as I was the "OG's" of the late 90's/2000's. Same shit with a different name... Move on folks! Move on...