Organic nutrient line

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I've never ran any nutrients before other than some cal/mag, always amended my soil from scratch.
I'm behind on getting my soil going for up potting of my plants for the flower session.
I'm at the point I have to buy everything I need to get started....sooo thinking of trying an organic nutrient line.
What's the word from y'all?

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Peak Harvest by Elevation Organics
Did you run just their grow & bloom? Does it mix well? I like the ingredient lists...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Before I switched to living soil I used the FF Happy Frog dry top dressings. I am shifting away from those to favor worm castings over bat guano, but they are what got me into organic. A local hydro store had the stuff for $9.99 a bag compared to twice that on Amazon. I ended up with a fairly fungal soil with mushrooms growing out of the bottom holes of the pot.

Won't bore you with the BS but if you get into those hit me up for info.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Before I switched to living soil I used the FF Happy Frog dry top dressings. I am shifting away from those to favor worm castings over bat guano, but they are what got me into organic. A local hydro store had the stuff for $9.99 a bag compared to twice that on Amazon. I ended up with a fairly fungal soil with mushrooms growing out of the bottom holes of the pot.

Won't bore you with the BS but if you get into those hit me up for info.
I for some reason in my room I didn't have real good growth with their dry line especially when transitioning to flower unless I added recharge but I gave the left overs to a friend and he did well...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I for some reason in my room I didn't have real good growth with their dry line especially when transitioning to flower unless I added recharge but I gave the left overs to a friend and he did well...
I think thats the difference between 'living' soil and soil. I was adding nothing that was salt based but I had no worms, no castings etc. Having worms or fresh castings keeps that microbial life cycle going in there. If the soil isn't suitable to maintain the life, adding it at regular intervals with the recharge is/was giving it that life-boost. I think my soil was good to keep what microbe life was in there going, but it wasn't completely self sustaining.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks all for your input, think I'll give the peak harvest bloom a try. Thx J.James!
I wouldn't be wanting to change things up if I hadn't been so far behind the ball on getting my normal amendments in place.
I usually do well with my living soil mix and have been getting decent worm castings locally.
It's fishing season here on the Columbia river, been tossing spinners for silvers in the estuary.
Also picking up a few Dungeness crab with my pole trap.
I guess that's my excuse for not being on top of my grow game, I'm as much a fisherman as I am a gardener
The prize! A 7lb Coho and a couple monster dungies.
20210914_133710.jpg

Last edited:

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I think thats the difference between 'living' soil and soil. I was adding nothing that was salt based but I had no worms, no castings etc. Having worms or fresh castings keeps that microbial life cycle going in there. If the soil isn't suitable to maintain the life, adding it at regular intervals with the recharge is/was giving it that life-boost. I think my soil was good to keep what microbe life was in there going, but it wasn't completely self sustaining.
For sure worm casting are a game changer, I top dress with castings and malted barley to keep it simple and healthy.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I run the grow and bloom with a different brand of cal/mag mixed in RO water. Been using it outside in the greenhouse for an added boost. It is easy to use and have gotten good results with no issues
I ran their dry “mountain blossoms” line for awhile and really liked it. They ran into a shortage those year so I switched over to the Roots Organics dry line which is nice too.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I agree at the time I was using bought wormcastings had sub standard ingredients in my soil mixes once I breached the threshold of a more self sustaining living soil I never used fertilizer anymore just some top dressings a week or two before switch.. If it wasn't for bugs it doesn't get any better

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I agree at the time I was using bought wormcastings had sub standard ingredients in my soil mixes once I breached the threshold of a more self sustaining living soil I never used fertilizer anymore just some top dressings a week or two before switch.. If it wasn't for bugs it doesn't get any better
I am seeing less gnats as I get into it and the soil matures. But I am seeing the beneficial ones and I don't want to smoke those either :)

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I run the grow and bloom with a different brand of cal/mag mixed in RO water. Been using it outside in the greenhouse for an added boost. It is easy to use and have gotten good results with no issues
Thanks I may look into it a little closer for the outdoor girls....

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Thanks all for your input, think I'll give the peak harvest bloom a try. Thx J.James!
I wouldn't be wanting to change things up if I hadn't been so far behind the ball on getting my normal amendments in place.
I usually do well with my living soil mix and have been getting decent worm castings locally.
It's fishing season here on the Columbia river, been tossing spinners for silvers in the estuary.
Also picking up a few Dungeness crab with my pole trap.
I guess that's my excuse for not being on top of my grow game, I'm as much a fisherman as I am a gardener
The prize! A 7lb Coho and a couple monster dungies.
View attachment 99033
Nice table fare!! Was on the coast in July brought some silvers home from the ocean but prefer fishing the Columbia I have a couple pole traps for crabbing in Lincoln city it's a good thing I don't live anywhere near the coast or Columbia or I wouldn't be able to keep a job lol

quiescent

Super Active Member
I am on run 3 with Anbessa's full line with a "coots mix". Every other watering I toss a handful of compost in a 5 gallon bucket and go 1/2 strength on the corresponding week I'm in. I'm not using blumats right now but only water every 5-9 days pending how far into flower I am.

could go basic just veg and bloom in a nice amended soil, small containers last forever

Can't say anything bad about it. It's very good stuff, better than earth juice or general organics produced for me.

It's like you're brewing teas but with a veganic approach and it takes no work. I will say the better results are easier to attain. I'm not brewing teas or anything like that. Just providing a decent soil, decent compost and Anbessa.

I ran earth juice line for a spell, great growth and really brings the flavors out of your girls one issue is the P.H. Starts low immediately after you mix it but then stablized I had the best results mixing it the night before
Hell ya. The most flavorful and stinky weed was when I used E.J. I bubbled mine though for 24-48 hours and always added a handful of EWC in the tea. No bag, and I removed the filter in the pumps so each time was like a top dressing at the same time. But I've used small doses just straight too occasionally. But like you're saying the pH is low as shit.

This is what got me to try E.J. at the beginning. I somewhat followed his final E.J. Schedule.

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Hell ya. The most flavorful and stinky weed was when I used E.J. I bubbled mine though for 24-48 hours and always added a handful of EWC in the tea. No bag, and I removed the filter in the pumps so each time was like a top dressing at the same time. But I've used small doses just straight too occasionally. But like you're saying the pH is low as shit.

This is what got me to try E.J. at the beginning. I somewhat followed his final E.J. Schedule.

I have read this article multiple times (because I forget easy lol) it's a handful of great intel...