Organic nutrient line

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Have you used those big Aloa slabs for watering? I grow some at home but have wondered plenty cheap
I saw some big aloe where the leaves were like a baseball bat sold by the pound, but I just got the little potted plants. They don't need anything really, water every few weeks. mine have doubled in size since summer and I've been taking a leaf or two a month.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Well....since I started this thing.

I never ended up buying any bottled nutrient system.
I got skeeerd of it and got everything I needed for my normal soil amending.
My concern was I wouldn't have time to "cook" it before I needed it....turned out OK.

I've really tried to become a water only hands off grower...lazy! Other than top dressing some.
Don't have to think about mixing, how much, when or what if.
I really want to thank everyone here for your responses. I'm not a good forum guy....lost track of what I started.
Thanks again for you input from those that are far more experienced then I.
SD ☮

m4s73r

The Laziest
Well....since I started this thing.

I never ended up buying any bottled nutrient system.
I got skeeerd of it and got everything I needed for my normal soil amending.
My concern was I wouldn't have time to "cook" it before I needed it....turned out OK.

I've really tried to become a water only hands off grower...lazy! Other than top dressing some.
Don't have to think about mixing, how much, when or what if.
I really want to thank everyone here for your responses. I'm not a good forum guy....lost track of what I started.
Thanks again for you input from those that are far more experienced then I.
SD ☮
We'll I am sorry I missed out on this. I also have this aversion to measuring things and such. What about instead of bottles, plant spikes. The work great in a pinch if your soil is running out of steam. Just something to put in the toolbox.

1640496386297.png

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
We'll I am sorry I missed out on this. I also have this aversion to measuring things and such. What about instead of bottles, plant spikes. The work great in a pinch if your soil is running out of steam. Just something to put in the toolbox.

View attachment 103850
I've looked at these before and considered trying a few, thank you for your input. I've found when I amend properly and grow my little plants in 5 gal pots I'm not coming up short at the end. My whole reason for starting this thread was thinking I couldn't get my soil mixed and cooked in time for transplant. Was still a little hot, but I got away with it.

I wish I could have been at the meeting where they came up with their company name cuz I'm guessing they were HIGH AS SHIT! I bet it went something like - Marketing genius takes a BIG ole bong rip and then mightily exhales... grabs dry marker and approaches the white board...
Fish + Poop =Foop drops dry marker like a boss. :LOL:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I wish I could have been at the meeting where they came up with their company name cuz I'm guessing they were HIGH AS SHIT! I bet it went something like - Marketing genius takes a BIG ole bong rip and then mightily exhales... grabs dry marker and approaches the white board...
What else were they supposed to do? "Fish Shit" was already taken!
Screenshot 2021-12-26 130747.jpg

m4s73r

The Laziest
I like how they say they the only one and then Heisen drops fish shit. I was about to drop Gem Fish Hydrolysate lol.

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Thanks all for your input, think I'll give the peak harvest bloom a try. Thx J.James!
I wouldn't be wanting to change things up if I hadn't been so far behind the ball on getting my normal amendments in place.
I usually do well with my living soil mix and have been getting decent worm castings locally.
It's fishing season here on the Columbia river, been tossing spinners for silvers in the estuary.
Also picking up a few Dungeness crab with my pole trap.
I guess that's my excuse for not being on top of my grow game, I'm as much a fisherman as I am a gardener
The prize! A 7lb Coho and a couple monster dungies.
View attachment 99033
never been to your area what is a pole trap?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member