Old ST1R’s F’ing Thread

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Question for experienced Chuckers ........

I remember reading, I think it was on here, that male plants tend to blow their loads before the ladies are in their prime (hmmm, sounds familiar LMAO).

Would it then be beneficial to put the females into flower two or three weeks before starting the males in flower?

I don’t think I’d have the gumption to collect the polllen and store it until the females are ready.

This is of course assuming you know the sex of the plants prior to flipping. Which, by the way, as I was watering this morning I louped the plants and it looks like I’ve got a 50/50 mix of males and females!

Thoughts?

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado

I remember reading, I think it was on here, that male plants tend to blow their loads before the ladies are in their prime (hmmm, sounds familiar LMAO).

Would it then be beneficial to put the females into flower two or three weeks before starting the males in flower?

I don’t think I’d have the gumption to collect the polllen and store it until the females are ready.

This is of course assuming you know the sex of the plants prior to flipping. Which, by the way, as I was watering this morning I louped the plants and it looks like I’ve got a 50/50 mix of males and females!

Thoughts?
Absolutely sound like a great idea! I'm no expert btw

Saboo the Shaman

Really Active Member

Thoughts?
I'm far from a pro, but here's my 2 cents.

Collecting and storing pollen is not at all difficult, and very handy. I have pollen in the freezer from various plants and have never had issues using it. Remember that the pollen from one plant can produce literally millions of seeds, throwing it away after making a few hundred is leaving a lot on the table.
Just make sure you allow the container to reach room temp before opening to avoid condensation.

"I remember reading, I think it was on here, that male plants tend to blow their loads before the ladies are in their prime (hmmm, sounds familiar LMAO)."

LOL. Reminds me of the old joke:
Woman"who you going to satisfy with that little thing?"
Man "me"

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I'm far from a pro, but here's my 2 cents.

Collecting and storing pollen is not at all difficult, and very handy. I have pollen in the freezer from various plants and have never had issues using it. Remember that the pollen from one plant can produce literally millions of seeds, throwing it away after making a few hundred is leaving a lot on the table.
Just make sure you allow the container to reach room temp before opening to avoid condensation.

"I remember reading, I think it was on here, that male plants tend to blow their loads before the ladies are in their prime (hmmm, sounds familiar LMAO)."

LOL. Reminds me of the old joke:
Woman"who you going to satisfy with that little thing?"
Man "me"
Ya so as I run this through in my head over and over, what I might do is try and collect some pollen from the males as they mature in the flowering tent with the females. Any pollen that isn’t collected and floating around the tent will surely fertilize the girls.

I’m just not sure what I’d do with the pollen?

On another note, and since I had two Dubstep clones, I decided to pot one up to go in the Tent with the others. Then I’ll get some Bodega Bubblegum F3’s and some Bodega Bubblegum x Dubstep ((Indiana Bubblegum x Stardawg) x (Cory Haim Stardawg x Adub)) seeds. I think the Stardawgs are different cuts used for each cross.

And my clones are rooting nicely! Question though, can you plant them as soon as roots are visible or should there be like a lot of roots showing, not just a few?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
If you see roots ya plant them up. Go easy on nutes for w bit.
Not sure on the male but I would flip before the gals.
Thanks man. I’ll get them hardened off and plant them

A couple of guys, I think one was @Amos Otis , recommended flipping known males 10 days or so after the females were flipped. That makes sense to me since it would allow the females to bulk up more and would make more seeds.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Fuckin’ Eh! Took the clone dome off tonight to check things out and saw nice white roots poking out of the rooters on several of the clones.

What a great feeling!

Quite a few of the rioters felt quite light, so I put some Clonex solution on them. I hope that was OK?
“You can also use clones solution
For stem splits and rescue first aid
Should over stressing the canopy be required.” It encourages great healing @ damaged foliage sites.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Today I moved three confirmed BB females to the flower tent along with the one Dubstep clone. I decided to try 10/14 ala @Big Perm to try and save on some costs.

140EE07F-22E5-445E-9AA2-E5E61FE5145C.jpeg

I left the known males and unconfirmed plants in the veg tent. That on on the left below is the Purple pheno of GMO Cake I just harvested. I was cleaning up the pots and when I came to this one, I decided I had to try and re-veg it to take some clones. This pheno of the GMO Cake is crazy good and worth trying to save.
8075BAA0-E99B-4094-8398-AB54C27D27F3.jpeg3C0F9F3D-4007-40C6-8B8F-07281E074B4F.jpeg

The BB clones are doing very well in the Rapid Rooters. Even the tops of the plants, which I read were more difficult to clone, are rooting quite nicely.

637116D5-C31D-4BBA-B38B-3FB30D411423.jpeg7721C80A-B9B0-4316-AD92-D415B31B58F6.jpeg7BB4FCF8-BF33-4B9F-95C2-8C1F2E39FBD9.jpeg

Hawkoio

Hey Everyone!

I’m starting this thread to document my journey in chucking.

@SCJedi was very kind back in the spring and comp’ed me some Bodega Bubblegum F2’s.

I remember reading somewhere that when a cross gets to F7’s, It’s “mixed” enough to be considered its own strain. I don’t know how accurate that is, but my goal is to get these to F7’s.

On December 11th, ten BB F2’s got wet.

View attachment 39821

In 72 hours, 7 of the 10 had germinated.

View attachment 39823

And the 7 were put into dirt on December 15th.

View attachment 39824

After another day or two, three of the seeds had not yet split, so I cracked the shells myself. One actually germinated! The other two did nothing and were tossed.

View attachment 39826

By December 22nd, 7 were above ground.

View attachment 39830

December 29th they’re moving along and the eight is above ground.

View attachment 39827

New Year’s Day. They’re getting too big for their little pots.

View attachment 39828

So today, January 4th, they were all up-potted to One gallon pots. I plan to leave them in these until they’re done.

View attachment 39829

Hopefully I’ll be successful in my first attempt at chucking and I’ll have a shit load of seeds to gift, trade and further develop the line into F7’s.
Looking good :)
Sounds like a great cross!
bubblegum is one of my favourites.

Last edited:

Hawkoio

Thoughts?
I always start male first :) l try to pollinate the girls at week 3 and have the pollen ready to go :)
I like to use this guys technique to pollinate when l what smoke some.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Ya so as I run this through in my head over and over, what I might do is try and collect some pollen from the males as they mature in the flowering tent with the females. Any pollen that isn’t collected and floating around the tent will surely fertilize the girls.

I’m just not sure what I’d do with the pollen?

On another note, and since I had two Dubstep clones, I decided to pot one up to go in the Tent with the others. Then I’ll get some Bodega Bubblegum F3’s and some Bodega Bubblegum x Dubstep ((Indiana Bubblegum x Stardawg) x (Cory Haim Stardawg x Adub)) seeds. I think the Stardawgs are different cuts used for each cross.

And my clones are rooting nicely! Question though, can you plant them as soon as roots are visible or should there be like a lot of roots showing, not just a few?
I don't breed, but I was wondering what would happen if you waited until the second round of pistils on a plant (late browns on the first pistils) to introduce the pollen, and what it would do for seed production.

Hawkoio

I don't breed, but I was wondering what would happen if you waited until the second round of pistils on a plant (late browns on the first pistils) to introduce the pollen, and what it would do for seed production.
You need between 4 to 6 weeks for your beans to mature the longer you wait 5/6 weeks you will have less immature beans. So l keep the that in mind when l what to pollinate, that’s why I aim for the third week in flower :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You need between 4 to 6 weeks for your beans to mature the longer you wait 5/6 weeks you will have less immature beans. So l keep the that in mind when l what to pollinate, that’s why I aim for the third week in flower :)
I guess what I was thinking about was if you waited until the last minute (5-7 weeks or so) when it starts pumping out new growth. You have fatter buds at that point that have stacked as much as they are going to. They put out a second round of pistils for a reason. Would those seeds be better or worse that ones where pollen was introduced earlier - like before brown pistils?

Hawkoio

I guess what I was thinking about was if you waited until the last minute (5-7 weeks or so) when it starts pumping out new growth. You have fatter buds at that point that have stacked as much as they are going to. They put out a second round of pistils for a reason. Would those seeds be better or worse that ones where pollen was introduced earlier - like before brown pistils?
Very good point l have never tried waiting that late that would be good experiment to see what happens for sure 👍

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The one Fucking Dubstep clone that I fucking threw in the fucking flower tent is way out fucking stretching the fucking Bodegas, so I fucking decided to try super fucking cropping it. Fucking Lights just fucking went on and I just fucking watered/fed. I’ll post another fucking pic in the fucking morning.

8F88CE1C-1C02-4CA7-93EA-288E67999CFE.jpeg

Last edited: