Old Seeds

Dope Heffalump

Tip burner
I was told by Doc to scuff or crack the Triple Purple Rhinos...after soaking them. I've never scuffed nor cracked a seed.I tried both,only got 1 to get above ground thus far.Wasn't really comfortable cracking them with my teeth,I only applied enough pressure to hear a crack,still no tap root popped.I may order one of those seedcrackers for the rest of the packfrom dude on Ig woodshed i think is his name. @WhyteWidow AmIright?
I think I'll make one, shouldn't be hard.
I wouldn't be cool drooling on my cracked seeds. Human saliva has enzymes in it that break down carbohydrates, plus the bacteria. :sick:

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
I think I'll make one, shouldn't be hard.
I wouldn't be cool drooling on my cracked seeds. Human saliva has enzymes in it that break down carbohydrates, plus the bacteria. :sick:
Yea,I read on that....eh,AFTER I did it.Just took Doc's tip and ran with it.He did say he also uses his fingernail. I tried that on a bagseed first and it flew across the room.Glad I didn't waste/lose a bean trying.

If you make one,post it.I'm a copying mofo.

Cob_nUt

"Justa Ganja Lover"
ha! I'd use the laughing like emoji but they dont work on this device.Only on my phone.

Thick one on the left is the surefire winner...In my book.

Highsince76

Super Active Member
Wow, when I seen "crack with teeth" I about spit my coffee out.
But I know where he's coming from, and actually a good idea; other than the part where enzymes in saliva break down carbohydrates, and the bacteria. lol

But it brought back memories of years ago (I'm a old Fuck) working the assembly line.

Besides weed, dip, and at that time, cigarettes; I had another bad habit, lol.
Sunflower seeds.
Couldn't smoke or Dip at work you know.
Couldn't chew seeds either, but wtf... if you were discreet about it, you didn't get busted to often. lol
I'd look around, and throw a small handfull in my mouth. Store them in my left cheek like a squirrel, stand one up between my teeth and crack it down the seam with perfection; just enough pressure to let the seed fall out onto your tongue.
Move the empty hull to the right cheek, and savor the seed . Repeat.
Wouldn't spit out anything till the whole mouth full was worked over. I'd do this all day, every day, for a couple years.
By the end of the day, my mouth was fucked.
All that salt and sharp edges....Damn... What a dumbass. lol

Moral of the story...
Let me at them Indonesia bastards!

WhyteWidow

Led Tech
I was told by Doc to scuff or crack the Triple Purple Rhinos...after soaking them. I've never scuffed nor cracked a seed.I tried both,only got 1 to get above ground thus far.Wasn't really comfortable cracking them with my teeth,I only applied enough pressure to hear a crack,still no tap root popped.I may order one of those seedcrackers for the rest of the packfrom dude on Ig woodshed i think is his name. @WhyteWidow AmIright?
Yup. You can do the same thing with tweezers. Jus squeeze em till they crack. You can try Ga3 too. Gibberellic Acid.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I have seeds from some of the best smoke I have ever had.. I got them in my college days. Was some weed from Indonesia from what I was told. Hard black buds.. The interesting part is that I attended college in 1978..these seeds are forty years old.. Have been in a box in my closet.. Will they germinate.? Only got a few grows under my belt.. Don't want to waste them if there is a hope and a prayer they will grow.. Suggestions?

View attachment 1261
What route did you go. Did it work?? I just got some old school strains from back in the day? Tissue culture sounds like it could be the best way? I got some old school ny city haze, blue berry from dj short I believe, and the outdoor strain called Barry bonds that was grown in my area for years. The outdoor has a super strong high. Big comb buds on steroids that knocked ya for a home run every time. Seems like it was always stronger than whatever we smoked side by side. I can’t lose these. These seeds are from some of the best buds I ever had growing up. I need to do my research before I crack these.

Last edited:

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
i still have them.. been doing heisens stuff for a long time.. hard to move away from a good thing.. if by chance those seeds produced some throwback awesome unbelievable shit i wouldnt know what to do with them.. i grow to smoke.. never cloned anything nor do i have the space.. that has also made me hesitant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I may have missed it, and didn't watch the vid yet, but before my stoner ass forgets giberillic (sp) acid helps. I have heard that it can make the plant grow wierd, but in the case of 40yo beans any growth is good and something from it can be cloned.

Interested to hear if you attempted to germinate your seeds, I have had great success using the riot rooters as opposed to any other. If the seeds are old I roll it in my mouth for an hour or so then into the riot rooters. I add small amount of tap water ph @ 5.5/5.8 to the bottom of my flora flex greenhouse. I have used many other methods but have had 80% plus germination rate. Germination of seeds from 1999-2001 Barney’s Farm Flying Dutchman and Sensi:

- Acapulco Gold
-Big Bud
- Jack Herer
-Northern Lights
-Dr. Grinspoon
-Liberty Haze
- White Widow
-Durban
- Blueberry Skunk

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I had some seeds from the 80's and tried to sprout them. They sat for days in water and then in soil and nothing, so I gave up and cracked them open and they were still viable, but I should have waited longer and they might have sprouted. Some might take 3 weeks to germinate. The shell just gets so hard and brittle, moisture can't get in.
I thought I knew what I was doing,
I was a fool! lol
I still have a few here from the 90's I'll try to sprout one of these days.