O.g's Grow Show

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
Update on the Unlocked Genetics 20210524_095317.jpg20210524_095901.jpg20210524_100013.jpg20210524_103403.jpg20210524_095804.jpg20210524_103420.jpggrow. Waited until just before they would have been watered and upped these babies to their 3 gal coffins. Im loving the structure on these and the fan leaves are fugging fat! I'll check the dates on my photos but I'm almost deffinate that these aren't even 4 weeks old. Unreal! I can't wait to see how they respond to this up potting. I raised the light back up to a foot over the canopy but kept the PAR low for now while they settle in. The roots on these looked healthy as hell! Don't take your up potting lightly. I had to learn the hard way that if your soil pack is jacked, your asking for every problem under the sun. Thank God for good mentors!

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
Looking great in here man! I'm digging your setup, lol.
These are a Gogii x Cheese cross. Gogii isn't Gogi, it was a sister plant. You should expect to see some large buds. Good job on everything so far. I'm subbed up now.
Thanks bro! I can't wait to see the buds these throw out. I unbelievable how fast these girls are maturing. There is deffinately some good shit going on.

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
I used Ocean Forest in veg for about 10 years and all was well, but then the last few bags i bought, it was holding a ton of water, like it was as bad as top soil....maybe it was just a bad batch? idk but i quit using it because of that.....those plants look good tho so now im wondering....
Thanks! I'm glad to hear everyones experiences, let me know to keep an eye out for "the fuckery" and if or when it happens I know I have options.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I used Ocean Forest in veg for about 10 years and all was well, but then the last few bags i bought, it was holding a ton of water, like it was as bad as top soil....maybe it was just a bad batch? idk but i quit using it because of that.....those plants look good tho so now im wondering....
I had a batch that was so dry it was hydrophobic. I stopped using their soil becuase every bag I got seemed different. Some were full of sticks and bark and others looked nice.

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
Okeedoekee....crazy week. The plants were topped and flipped and flipped and uhhh flipped again. WTF. My wifi timmers in this tent failed to shut off twice. My poor girls took it like a fuckin champ, that shit didn't even slow thier roll. I also lost 5 of 6 clones when the seed mat nuked the propagation tray. Ill attempt to take more before its too late. Caught me slippin.20210602_080349.jpg20210602_093825.jpg20210604_134142.jpg20210604_134152.jpg20210607_123026.jpg20210607_123035.jpg20210607_123101.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I've heard all the horror stories, but I ain't seen 'em. I think FFOF is the "hottest" of their soils, and not good for seedlings - and people that drop beans directly into it instead of a seed-starter soil (which they also sell...) get mixed results as expected.

As far as it being wet I think that is a supplier/wholesaler/middle-man and not the manufacturer. Like the dirt sitting in the garden center in the big box stores. Gets rained on and stuff. Shipping out wet dirt would have to be more expensive than shipping out dry dirt. The only drawback on the receiving end if you get wet dirt is it's heavier, and some of those dry additives and microbial crap they add may have already begun working. If you open it up and see white fuzzy mold that's bad for fresh produce - but not for the soil LOL

Mr. Krinkle

I've heard all the horror stories, but I ain't seen 'em. I think FFOF is the "hottest" of their soils, and not good for seedlings - and people that drop beans directly into it instead of a seed-starter soil (which they also sell...) get mixed results as expected.

As far as it being wet I think that is a supplier/wholesaler/middle-man and not the manufacturer. Like the dirt sitting in the garden center in the big box stores. Gets rained on and stuff. Shipping out wet dirt would have to be more expensive than shipping out dry dirt. The only drawback on the receiving end if you get wet dirt is it's heavier, and some of those dry additives and microbial crap they add may have already begun working. If you open it up and see white fuzzy mold that's bad for fresh produce - but not for the soil LOL
No i never bought it where it was "too wet" - that's not what i said - when i would water it, it would hold water forever

i ran seeds in FFOF at least 200+ times and never had an issue there either - its never been "too hot" in the 10 years i used it - that's another statement ive heard too many times that i don't agree with....it's warmer than crappy frog but not too hot for anything IME

now im seeing ppl going on and on about root riot cubes again over on IG.....that's not something im seeing either and i just went through 2 bags of the 100 packs and i got about 95% with roots....and tomorrow will be 14 days for them....just 6 aren't rooted - that's a little high for me but not out of the ordinary.....so idk - but that's for another thread wo sorry about throwing that in there

Ohio.george

Insanely Active Member
Grow!grow grow! Holy sheet man it's really really growing! Gaves some hair cuts, and took clones. Even a baby Groot. I am loving the structures and #5 has some seriously thick dick stems. Or non binary...whatever the current vernacular is. Im also planning to run out of room for these ladies to grow so I'm going to make some slight alterations to this set up.20210614_121555.jpg20210614_121607.jpg20210614_121616.jpg20210614_121622.jpg20210614_121646.jpg20210615_081202.jpg