My quest for the best medz

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I dunno how different those are from my qb132's but I have mine ~6" away from the tops and the girls love it. Plenty of light for dense nugs all the way down.
That's exactly why i love those qb132s.. Can drop them right on top of ur canopy without bleaching or foxtailing. Plus at that height the penetration reaches all the way down into the plant.
I defoil all the inside leaves that block light from the bud sites. To me those leaves play a more crucial role in veg than they do in flower. Not saying to strip everyone on plant.
I see alot of killer plants on this forum and think man what that plant wood look like if the grower wood only pluck those leaves thats shading those bud sites. I try to get every bud site opend up to where it gets direct light beaming onto them..
Not saying im sum master grower by far, but these things have really helped my plants ive had threw the years.. Just my 2 cents..
Thx guys✌

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
That's exactly why i love those qb132s.. Can drop them right on top of ur canopy without bleaching or foxtailing. Plus at that height the penetration reaches all the way down into the plant.
I defoil all the inside leaves that block light from the bud sites. To me those leaves play a more crucial role in veg than they do in flower. Not saying to strip everyone on plant.
I see alot of killer plants on this forum and think man what that plant wood look like if the grower wood only pluck those leaves thats shading those bud sites. I try to get every bud site opend up to where it gets direct light beaming onto them..
Not saying im sum master grower by far, but these things have really helped my plants ive had threw the years.. Just my 2 cents..
Thx guys✌
Couldnt agree more 🤘, def gonna be dropping mine down a bit .

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Couldnt agree more 🤘, def gonna be dropping mine down a bit .
Ya just watch to see how ur plants do with the more intense beams. U got the 2 qb288's which is a more intense lighting than the qb132s. So id say just drop them in short increments to find that sweet spot.. I never had the qb288's so cant tell u a exact height to go with. I think u b ok as long as u keep a eye on ur plants.
But without a doubt these quantums are the wave of the future of growing indoors.. Just my thoughts tho..
Good luck my friend!✌

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I dunno how different those are from my qb132's but I have mine ~6" away from the tops and the girls love it. Plenty of light for dense nugs all the way down.
Fuck that's got,me wanting to,go,lower my 132s down !!!# theyre around 16" away. A qb96 in the middle. Its an odd design. 0516200916.jpg
I'm gonna rework it one day I hope .
My lrs350-36 is squealing in the fan. It aint good! Its not the bigterp model I got that on the shelf yet

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I start clearing the lowers a few weeks before the flip. basically anything that looks like it will become a shoot rather than just a small nug gets cleared. i leave the fans at those cleared nodes unless they’re blocked by something higher.

During flower I sparingly pluck a fan here and there if it’s blocking a bud site. I’ll pluck any bud leaves usually that start showing stems/get too big
Sounds good besides bud leaves imo. Having decaying/healing material inside your buds sounds like it could become a issue.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Sounds good besides bud leaves imo. Having decaying/healing material inside your buds sounds like it could become a issue.
The 132 and 120 boards are much different than the 288s. You cant drop those style as close because the diodes are bunched super tight and it will burn your plants much easier. I have 324s and I can cant get them below 18 inches sometimes without causing an issue.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
The 132 and 120 boards are much different than the 288s. You cant drop those style as close because the diodes are bunched super tight and it will burn your plants much easier. I have 324s and I can cant get them below 18 inches sometimes without causing an issue.
The qb96 in the middle is running around 200 watts in a very very small package. 96 diodes in a 3x3 square! Its wonky. I'm sure theres a hotspot in the middle of my design

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
The qb96 in the middle is running around 200 watts in a very very small package. 96 diodes in a 3x3 square! Its wonky. I'm sure theres a hotspot in the middle of my design
No doubt! If you spread the t out a bit you'd probably get better coverage for sure and less hot spots. My setup is a little unconventional as well but I've had unconventional plants too where the versatility came in handy. In veg I start with 1 132 . When they get transplanted I switch to 2 324s. I the keep plants bunched tighter and boards bunched tighter with the power at half and crank it as they grow. For flower I add all the 132s. It's a bit of work but I dont remove the lights I just raise them to the roof when they arent in use. Saves hella power. All on flex cable with solid wire wago'd onto the molex so they move with ease.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Males getting the chop.. so mad at the milkbreath it looked so beautiful but grew balls! View attachment 60077View attachment 60076View attachment 60078

Today is the bday and had a tooth pulled smh.. can’t even smoke up like normally would but hey atleast I blazed up a lot yesterday!
Feliz cumpleanos bromigo ! I cracked a tooth before. Paid the extra to have a crown put on. Dentist fucked it up, but I move alot and it was unfeasible to go back to get it fixed. Had to pull it so it would quit getting infected cause it was oversized. Shit is brutal. Pretty much pliers and force. Hope you heal up well homie. Edibles are great for times like these.