Megacrop thread

Sparrowhawk420

Insanely Active Member
I've just landed a bag of megacrop V2 and I'll be totally honest with you, I'm worried about switching from my tried and tested Canna Aqua Flores. I know that a true hydroponics formula is supposed to have the same ratios throughout all growth stages, but just feel that there's still too much N in MC for flowering. Convince me I'm wrong before I take the plunge, think I'll finish this run with the Canna, then make the switch.

Please share your experiences here and any recommendations tips you've picked up with regards to ec/ph, grams per gallon, grow media/styles, different lighting/environment, indoor/outdoor etc

I'm growing in 12L/3G Hempy's fed 3 times per light cycle through a diy dripper system under a mish-mash of diy led lighting around 1Kw (not quite enough IMHO). BUT it's working OK at the moment, which is why I'm reluctant to change anything.

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3512.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
I've just landed a bag of megacrop V2 and I'll be totally honest with you, I'm worried about switching from my tried and tested Canna Aqua Flores. I know that a true hydroponics formula is supposed to have the same ratios throughout all growth stages, but just feel that there's still too much N in MC for flowering. Convince me I'm wrong before I take the plunge, think I'll finish this run with the Canna, then make the switch.

Please share your experiences here and any recommendations tips you've picked up with regards to ec/ph, grams per gallon, grow media/styles, different lighting/environment, indoor/outdoor etc

I'm growing in 12L/3G Hempy's fed 3 times per light cycle through a diy dripper system under a mish-mash of diy led lighting around 1Kw (not quite enough IMHO). BUT it's working OK at the moment, which is why I'm reluctant to change anything.

View attachment 5395

View attachment 5393

View attachment 5394

View attachment 5392
Nice looking grow you have there.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I just started using megacrop. I bought a 2..5 KG bag and the flower booster a while back and it is now in my autopot rez.
For my hydrofarm i will use it too.

It sucks i have about 3 or 4 complete cycles of GH trio and AN sensi perfect

GH was the cheaper and better of the 2.

If I can dial in Megacrop it is about 1/10th of the cost of GH and that is pretty decent..

Megacrop I will reserve judgement but i am using it. 1 of 4 is showing a slight nitrogen deficiency early in veg but i need to top up and adjust the PH a bit down ( at 6.4)

I will also weigh it out so i am more accurate with the ratio. I used about 1 1.5 scoups in 40 litres and that is about as accurate as my personal grow room budget.

It is just a learning curve. I am grateful for TDS and PH pens

Last edited:

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy

View attachment 5395

View attachment 5393

View attachment 5394

View attachment 5392
When i want to reduce my nitrogen i simply reduce the MC itself. At that point i will add bud explosion to add to the PPM's. Go's against the grain changing from something that works. My reasoning for switching to MC was to do away with some of the liquids i was using ( less messy). Your grow looks great!

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
love the stuff, won't ever go back to the others. I too am trying to back off towards end of flower due to a tad too much nitrogen to me, just using a lil urb and homeade cal mag, carbo. Prolly hit with water last week. But never had a nutrient so easy to use, adjust usage, basically ph's itself, again I love the shit.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
love the stuff, won't ever go back to the others. I too am trying to back off towards end of flower due to a tad too much nitrogen to me, just using a lil urb and homeade cal mag, carbo. Prolly hit with water last week. But never had a nutrient so easy to use, adjust usage, basically ph's itself, again I love the shit.
Are you on the new version of MC?

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I noticed that as well. I used 22 grams per 5 gallons and the PH was 6.7. a few drops of the acid and it was 6.1.

It is very simple though. Mixes pretty well and then i leave a pump stirring it for an hour after introduction. And I just remembered i have to turn the valve on !

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Cool I was worried cuz it is a little skanky LOL I dumped the bag into a 3gal pail with lid. Hopefully it keeps well. May try to mix up a 1L concentrate liquid for the small feedings. Notice it has some pretty big white chunks, which doesn’t work well to measure say 1gram. May try 100-200g/L see if it stays dissolved.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Cool I was worried cuz it is a little skanky LOL I dumped the bag into a 3gal pail with lid. Hopefully it keeps well. May try to mix up a 1L concentrate liquid for the small feedings. Notice it has some pretty big white chunks, which doesn’t work well to measure say 1gram. May try 100-200g/L see if it stays dissolved.
Those white chunks are the calmag portion of the formula.